1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS

Author Topic: 1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS  (Read 6140 times)

Offline selectmotors

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • MuscleCars.Biz
1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS
« on: December 27, 2005 - 07:25:46 PM »
1974 Plymouth Cuda  2dr muscle coupe hardtop 360ci h.o. power plant, mopar performance show car with documentation. Classic American Muscle Cars - Located Pineville, LA 71360 38,500OBO Phone: 1-800-716-9635 or 1-318-640-4584 Call anytime for photos, information, & payment options.

http://selectmotors.net/vehicle_detail.asp?id=252&index=1&go=next

:wavingflag:

Don't miss it!  :banghead:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005 - 07:29:01 PM by selectmotors »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: 1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005 - 07:40:27 PM »
 :eek2:   :eek2:   :eek2: 

I mean no disrespect but I think that price is insane!  I just don't feel that round taillight cuda's have reached that level yet. 

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005 - 07:50:57 PM »
:eek2:   :eek2:   :eek2: 

I mean no disrespect but I think that price is insane!  I just don't feel that round taillight cuda's have reached that level yet. 

:iagree:...................... :eek4:

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

Offline selectmotors

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • MuscleCars.Biz
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005 - 08:07:55 PM »
Asking price is best offer, showability is everything.

Offline Blown70

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005 - 08:32:14 PM »
Again no offence, but I would buy the AAR a few adds down for that price.

Do not be too surprised to get offers in the 20's

Tom

qluber1

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005 - 06:37:50 AM »
This car appears to be very nicely restored! Without seeing this car in person in would be hard to pass judgement as to the asking price. As we all know, having just completing a restoration on an E-body myself, restoration costs are astronomical!! As someone once said there is an ass for every seat, who knows what it will bring? I will soon be listing my '71 challenger for sale, and I can't wait for the critics to come out of the woodwork when i post my price!!

Offline Blown70

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005 - 08:38:27 AM »
This car appears to be very nicely restored! Without seeing this car in person in would be hard to pass judgement as to the asking price. As we all know, having just completing a restoration on an E-body myself, restoration costs are astronomical!! As someone once said there is an ass for every seat, who knows what it will bring? I will soon be listing my '71 challenger for sale, and I can't wait for the critics to come out of the woodwork when i post my price!!

I agree that restorations cost $$ but spending those $$ on say a 71 is much better than this one..... IE. value of the car to start with and when done.  Paint and body cost the same no matter the car.

You or this guy can ask what you want.  If you do not HAVE to sell you are always in a better position.... I personally would never pay the amount fo this car DUE to what year it is..... MY OPIONION ONLY.....

Tom

Offline smity2

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005 - 09:53:27 AM »
Yeah your right....its insane to spend that much on a later model E-body. He should have restored a Camero, and simply let the Cuda go to the crusher! Who do you think you are to judge or place a value on someone elses car. Maybe you should post some pics of your cars so we can give you our "opinion" of them.  :wavingflag:

Oldschool

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005 - 10:05:56 AM »
 My opinion of the value of someone else's car is meaningless unless I am the person that is buying it.   :money:  Someone else's opinion of the value of my car is maeningless unless they are the one's that are forking over the cash.   What I am saying is this:  the market will reflect the value of these cars----OR----an appraisal by a certified appraiser that is experienced in appraising these cars.  :ylsuper:  We shall see what it brings.  In the meantime, he could get it appraised to see if the asking price is in the right neighborhood. If it is, he can use it as a sales tool.  If it isn't he might want to change the price accordingly.  just my  :2cents:    :cooldancing:  .........................Oldschool

Offline Blown70

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005 - 01:45:06 PM »
Yeah your right....its insane to spend that much on a later model E-body. He should have restored a Camero, and simply let the Cuda go to the crusher! Who do you think you are to judge or place a value on someone elses car. Maybe you should post some pics of your cars so we can give you our "opinion" of them.  :wavingflag:

YOU SPEAKING TO ME SLICK.... I dont think you would speak that way to my face.

Btw.  I have owned 2-69 Chargers, 1-70 Charger (currently). 1 GTX, 2-70 Superbees ( one was a V-code)

BTW jerkoff it is called an OPINION..... I do not see the value in a '74.  You want to spend that much go ahead.

Tom

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005 - 02:50:47 PM »
YOU SPEAKING TO ME SLICK.... I dont think you would speak that way to my face.
Btw. I have owned 2-69 Chargers, 1-70 Charger (currently). 1 GTX, 2-70 Superbees ( one was a V-code)
BTW jerkoff it is called an OPINION..... I do not see the value in a '74. You want to spend that much go ahead.
Tom

OK boys!!  Lets play nicely here!  Rule # 1 on this site is "There will be no personal attacks"  Please lets keep it all in good fun!   :bigsmile:

Offline Blown70

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005 - 03:54:46 PM »

OK boys!!  Lets play nicely here!  Rule # 1 on this site is "There will be no personal attacks"  Please lets keep it all in good fun!   :bigsmile:

Yes,  Sorry to you and the other members  :bigsmile:.

I do not always play nice with others..... I have had my share of Mopars.  I guess I do not see that much Value in this car.  However is someone does that is GREAT....

OK, on to better things.

Tom :drunk:

Offline loc8tor

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005 - 08:34:39 AM »
My $.02.......as the owner of a 73 'cuda, I would hope that because so few of these were made that they will increase in value soon.  Not everyone of us can find a 71 to restore and if we did, would it be in our price range and would the cost of a resto not be a reason for a refinance of our home?????

We(me in particular) have to start somewhere.  From the side they are virtually identical, from the rear(other than the round lights)they look virtually identical, from the front(other than a few minor bumper/grill changes and the fact that the 71 has 4 headlights) they look virtually identical.

Personally I like the 71, I like the gilled fenders, the grille and the 4 headlights. But I like my 73 too, I like the round taillights, I like the twin scooped hood, I even like the frt end and grille.  Ive seen 73s with bill boards and AAR stripes and sure the purists walked by and said "it aint a 70 AAR", or "73s didnt come with billboards", but not one could say it wasnt a nice car.

The pics of the car in question at the top of the post show a very very nice car! Id be proud to own it, and Im sure most of you would too.  Im not saying that his price is just right or too high, its outta my reach, but then it would be at 1/2 that price. I have many irons in the fire, and by the time Im done restoring my 'cuda I will probably be in the same range! I posted on here when I first got my cuda about the #s matching 318, as opposed to the 440 clone, and got mixed opinions, but the one that sticks in my head was this "ITS YOUR CAR DO IT YOUR WAY". 

When the 70-71s are all gone what will be left, thats right round taillight cars, coming from a PONTIAC background it happens with every make.....in GTOs it was 64-65s when they were al gathered up then 66-67, and now 68-72s are the hot movers, why???? because the only 64-67s left are junkers requiring so much $$ in resto work the cost of repair out weighs the cost of resale. I know thats what youre saying about this round taillight cuda, but you gotta admit its a nice car!!

selectmotors, good luck with your sale, looks good enough for a Barrett-Jackson auction, maybe you should check them out!

In My Humble Opinion

Offline 43KITCAR

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005 - 09:43:49 AM »
Well, there was 2 that sold this year on ebay for low 30k area this year - both where 4 speed cars, this is a auto.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005 - 11:27:04 AM »
Well I would like to see either of those auctions . . . just haven't seen the prices rising that much yet on the round taillight cuda.   :dunno: