1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS

Author Topic: 1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS  (Read 6138 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: 1974 Plymouth Cuda 2dr show muscle coupe hardtop 360 FS
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005 - 02:48:15 PM »
Well I would like to see either of those auctions . . . just haven't seen the prices rising that much yet on the round taillight cuda.   :dunno:

4C,
   I remember a round taillight Cuda at Carlisle last year. All black like your's. The price was over 30K. I remember that catching my eye as that was the first time I saw a 72-74 E-Body for sale in that price range. It was gorgeous, but I doubt he got his price. Maybe it's just a matter of time...  :dunno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline hobo

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005 - 04:07:28 PM »
Well here is my  :2cents: First of all i like all cudas.  I am lucky enough to be restoring a 71 vert  :ylsuper: But i just dont see a round taillight with noless a auto going for that kind of number. I would rather find a 70-71 and use the rest of the $$$$$ for the resto. Again nice car but man a little steep by maybe 10k. Again just my  :2cents:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005 - 04:17:31 PM »
Well here is my  :2cents: First of all i like all cudas.  I am lucky enough to be restoring a 71 vert  :ylsuper: But i just dont see a round taillight with noless a auto going for that kind of number. I would rather find a 70-71 and use the rest of the $$$$$ for the resto. Again nice car but man a little steep by maybe 10k. Again just my  :2cents:

Hey,
   I'm not argueing with you. I feel the same, but as time passes, I think the later year cars will get their due($$$). I would prefer a 70-71, but others might give up on that dream and buy what is available.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline wart1de

• Vivah
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005 - 04:49:47 PM »
I agree, the round taillights will definately be worth reasonable money soon.

Might be worth while buying a few while they're cheap(er)!  :roflsmiley:
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda
1980 Ford Falcon XD ESP
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005 - 07:15:13 PM »
 :iagree: totaly..if the 72-74 Cudas bring 30k what will the price be on the 70-71's??
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005 - 07:59:05 PM »

Select Motors - please come back when this car is sold and inform us of the selling price _ Thanks.  74MOPAR.
74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Offline Bonkers

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2005 - 08:57:29 PM »
I just went through this fight with the viper club. A cars value is only worth what someone is willing to pay. With the rogue internet market in full force its really, really tough to gauge what the market will hold. All he needs to do is find one person willing to fork over $XXk and then that is what the car is worth. The only thing that can be honestly stated at this point is that he is not in the below/fair market range - otherwise the car would have sold quickly.

If he gets the asking price then good for him - seriously.
------------------------------------
I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol.

"First rule of performance modification - not being able to accelerate won't kill you nearly as fast as not being able to stop." - Dad-in-law and chief mechanic.

Offline Blown70

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2005 - 09:16:20 PM »
I just went through this fight with the viper club. A cars value is only worth what someone is willing to pay. With the rogue internet market in full force its really, really tough to gauge what the market will hold. All he needs to do is find one person willing to fork over $XXk and then that is what the car is worth. The only thing that can be honestly stated at this point is that he is not in the below/fair market range - otherwise the car would have sold quickly.

If he gets the asking price then good for him - seriously.

Ok for the seller, YES get what you want.  That was not my point.  I just do not see getting that.  Again POWER to the seller here.

I see someone who does not know a lot about cars... maybe even a chevy guy, saying ohh a cuda yea I should have one of those and paying the price.  Honestly do some of the people at barrett-jackson appear to know what they are doing.. Some look like they are in an alcoholic HAZE, uuuuhhhh yea sure I got a few million to burn...  I do NOT see a Mopar guy paying up.  Just my opinion.

Tom

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2005 - 09:21:39 PM »
Hey,
   I'm not argueing with you. I feel the same, but as time passes, I think the later year cars will get their due($$$). I would prefer a 70-71, but others might give up on that dream and buy what is available.

Mike

:iagree:   I feel that way also, so does Keith Martin, the guy who does "The Market" in the Autoweek magazine.  He reviews cars sold at auctions (Barrette-Jackson, etc) and gives his opinion if the buyer got a decent deal on the car.  He's said several times that the value of the more sought after cars (ie-'70-'71 E-bodies) will make the value of the "lesser" cars (ie-'72-'74 E-bodies) rise in value.

And very well put, loc8tor.  If you want that E-body feel, the cars look similar and the later year cars can be had for less $$$ but can still be quite enjoyable.  With mods (ie-enigine) they can perform just as well.  Some of the later cars came with a few things that the earlier cars didn't, ie- standard Electronic Ignition, front disc brakes.  But of course there were things the earlier cars had the later ones didn't, bigblock engines, convertibles, etc....  quite a trade off.  Makes sense also what you said about the GTO's.  Eventually, all the nice cars will get bought up.  Hmmmm...maybe a restoration on a VW thing will be in our futures?  Maybe a Yugo convertible?

True, Blown70, there are some people that may not put much into researching the car.  Unfortunately that's why you have to do you homework, especially when someone is trying to pass off a "clone" of let's say a '70 Hemi 'Cuda as the genuine article.  If they got a few million to burn then $40K won't bug them too much.

Agreed:  That is a high price for this car but if someone willing to pay for it, I guess that's what helps to drive up the value of our E-bodies.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger