Author Topic: Bolt-in independent rear for E-bodies - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 13623 times)

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
I got Mopar Collector Guide in the mail today.  In the article about SEMA it says Time Machines, the builder of that Viperized yellow 70 Cuda, is going to be selling bolt-in independent rear suspensions for E-bodies in 2006.  The pics are awesome.  No more leafs!

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
Re: Bolt-in independent rear for E-bodies - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005 - 10:47:39 AM »
I know the guy they are building that car for.  It was supposed to be featured in the Mopar Performance booth at SEMA as a project car but when it got there Mopar decided it was not complete enough to be in their space.  They ended up calling the guy with the Overhauled Roadrunner convertible to take his space in the booth. My buddy was more than a little miffed about it because he and his wife flew all the way out to Vegas from south Florida only to find his car outside in the trailer.

That being said, he's really excited about the build because it's going to be truly one of a kind.  It's a 71 Cuda with full Viper powertrain, to aforementioned rear suspension, rack & pinion front end, and a rear normal Cuda interior - NOT the Viper interior Time Machines put in some of the other cars they've built thus far.  Oh yeah, and the color is Curious Yella to boot :cooldancing:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline willhaven

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005 - 04:43:06 PM »
Matt Delaney built a '70 Cuda with the Reilly bolt-in front end and a Heidt IRS in the rear.
http://www.heidts.com/

I don't know the specifics involved or if there was any custom fabrication needed for the IRS, but Heidt already has IRS in at least one E-Body car. :)

The one he used was the Heidt's Superride IRS.
http://www.heidts.com/heiirs.htm

Offline fringerider

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006 - 03:44:39 PM »
Saw Matt Delaney's ride in person and it is SWEET!  He had to do some mild fabrication welding.  He was extremely helpful in showing and telling what he had done.  I called Time Machines and it seems that they are in the R&D stages of things still.  They were unable to give me a ballpark figure on cost.  Don't quote me but it seems with low volume ( so far) the're going to be above 7K on price easy.  Heidts in the 4-5K range I think

Offline jakehog

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006 - 11:20:20 AM »
Well heck at that price I'll take three. Cool stuff just outta my price range. I wonder how durable that would be with slicks bolted to it.

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006 - 01:17:54 PM »
Inboard disk brakes look really cool.

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006 - 07:41:03 PM »
I got Mopar Collector Guide in the mail today.  In the article about SEMA it says Time Machines, the builder of that Viperized yellow 70 Cuda, is going to be selling bolt-in independent rear suspensions for E-bodies in 2006.  The pics are awesome.  No more leafs!

Yeah, it's great if you can afford it for over $10,000 :droolingbounce:

Offline majik16106

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006 - 03:42:25 PM »
cool idea, would be great for an scca car, but is it really going to be 4k worth of better handling than a ss leaf set up  or even coil overs on a solid axle for a street car?  ... i doubt it.

Offline alohaautomotive

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006 - 07:29:36 AM »
that delaney cuda is at the shop here at Aloha. Pretty cool car with some poor execution. It is here to be fixed already, the owner wasn't happy with how it runs, leaks, rides...

We are doing a SEMA car this year not with the Viper Engine but rather with chryslers new 6.4L Hemi...complete with independant rear.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006 - 07:52:32 AM »
Is there any more info you can give on what's wrong with Delaney's Cuda? Specifically, what ride issues are there? What was done incorrectly and what are you guys going to do to fix it?

Are you guys going to take pictures of the car for your website when it leaves? I'm very interested in this car if you can't tell. :)

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006 - 11:17:18 PM »
Not sure if I like the discs in the middle section like that. I would think it would be a major pain to replace those rotors when the time comes. Maybe there is an easy way but I can't imagine that it would any easyier than that of current setups.

Compared to the traditional, jack up car, remove wheel, remove caliper, remove disc.

Anyone's thoughts on this?

Offline willhaven

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006 - 08:01:13 AM »
My guess is it was done for performance reasons. The weight of the discs and calipers is probably best kept toward the center of the car. I dunno.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012 - 12:44:25 AM »
I know the guy they are building that car for.  It was supposed to be featured in the Mopar Performance booth at SEMA as a project car but when it got there Mopar decided it was not complete enough to be in their space.  They ended up calling the guy with the Overhauled Roadrunner convertible to take his space in the booth. My buddy was more than a little miffed about it because he and his wife flew all the way out to Vegas from south Florida only to find his car outside in the trailer.

That being said, he's really excited about the build because it's going to be truly one of a kind.  It's a 71 Cuda with full Viper powertrain, to aforementioned rear suspension, rack & pinion front end, and a rear normal Cuda interior - NOT the Viper interior Time Machines put in some of the other cars they've built thus far.  Oh yeah, and the color is Curious Yella to boot :cooldancing:

Do you know more about this guy and what happened to his 'Cuda?  I think he's selling the suspension out of this car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180813676629?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1400
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012 - 07:58:24 AM »
Go to Rad Rides by Troy's site. Look under builds and find a yellow Cuda. It seems like that is at least the front suspension from that car which would make be assume the rear also. The car was originally  built by Time Machines and wasn't done very well. Troy Trepanier (?) completely reworked the car.

Wes

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012 - 01:06:37 PM »
Wow, looks like he's getting a total redo on his car.   wonder why?  Frame all twisted?
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO