Author Topic: salvage yards in the tri state area  (Read 17061 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
salvage yards in the tri state area
« on: December 28, 2005 - 05:11:47 PM »
hello to all well my neck hurts from looking around for a challenger. anyone know any salvage yards in ma ct or ny that might have something? ive looked everywhere I can think of even gone as far as checking on a car where I grew up but cant come up with a challenger project. so desperate that Ive looked at cudas just that I really want a challenger. so if you know of anything please let me know.oh ya I do watch e-bay but would like to look the car over so cars that are real far away just cant happen. so if their is a rusted junker you past up let me know maybe it could be my dream car

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: salvage yards in the tri state area
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005 - 07:38:28 PM »
What kind of price range are you looking in??   :dunno:

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005 - 08:02:01 PM »
Mr. clown, I'm in Ma. and I'm always on the lookout. My friends have told me about a Challenger that has been sitting a while, and maybe be for sale. I'm going to try to follw up on it this week, if I get a chance. I'll pass along the info if it's worth it. It's around either the Shrewsbury, or Grafton area in MA.

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005 - 09:04:40 PM »
you guys are awsome. this might save me from a divorce. just kidding but I have been driving my wife and kids crazy. price is what it is but if need be will sell my 69 cuda to add to my mopar money. im not looking for a # car want to build what I would have if it was 1970 allover again.would like a real project car so I could keep my cuda at least for now. MR.HEDKACE you must be near worcester ma. Im from westfied ma originally now I live in canaan ct. and im willing to travel i just dont want to travel to arkansas to look at a project car.thanks again any help will be truley appreciated.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005 - 01:58:10 PM »
 :crying: Sorry M Clown, took a ride around for a few hours today scouting, and I went by where my buddy said the Challenger was
........gone :walkaway:  :crying: I came across a sweet 440 Cuda though, only about 10 min. from my house( not exactly a resto project though) I didn't leave a message on the car. It was pouring out. Was up on blocks, so chances are this one isn't for sale :crying:
 I do have a few more leads to follow up on though, so i'll keep hope on this end, and keep ya informed  :thumbsup: .  Sorry man

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005 - 02:19:47 PM »
mr hedkace thats awsome. Im going out tomarrow looking also. more than one set of eyes and ears is always a plus and I know theres a challenger out there just waiting to be saved.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005 - 06:05:10 PM »
This is still available $11,500.00 PM me for info. 

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=13564.0

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005 - 06:17:03 PM »
very nice car but a little to nice for me im looking for my own project.I want the car that most would probably use for a parts car. I want to do all my own body work.so rust doesnt scare me.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005 - 07:44:53 AM »
Holy  :swear: I just went through the entire Want Advertiser, and not one E-body, not one I say :22yikes: Thats pretty scary. Time to up the scouting a notch :dogpile:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005 - 08:10:32 AM »
IM going out today to look also. there was nothing for e-bodies in the special interest either

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005 - 07:03:26 AM »
MR.HEDKACE i drove and drove for hours yesterday looking may have a lead on a 70 challenger. hopes are high but we all know how that can go.stopped in to a friends place he owns many mopars. check out the picture in the testing area. he let me take pictures of his 71 vert i was shaking when i took the pictures.I do have more pictures but need to learn how to downsize before posting so everyone doesnt have to do it for me.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005 - 07:19:46 AM »
Me too :pullinghair: drove for hours yesterday.....not a one :banghead: although I did almost rear end about a dozen seperate cars while getting distracted looking around. Got to pay a little more attention to the road  :lol: Hope your lead follows up with good results. That convert is a beauty, must have looked even better in person :thumbsup:
 I've got a few leads left I'm going after today. I also am going to head down to hallsgarage.com in N. Scituate RI just for curiosity sake. Found that link here http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=9521.0
See if they got any savable mopars. see what happens, and take it from there.

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005 - 07:24:35 AM »
By the way, you can download a number of image resizing programs up at www.download.com    just type in image resize

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005 - 07:43:34 AM »
thank you very much. Im gonna try to get together with you this summer. would love to meet the people here and their cars.there are some rare and very nice cars around here seen many like 68 GTX hemi 70 440 6 pack vert cuda 3 superbirds a 71 rubber bumper gtx 70 v code challenger just to name a few oh ya have friend is working on an m code cuda

Offline JCWCuda

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006 - 10:16:55 AM »
Moparclown ,I live just north of Albany,NY and drive truck all over eastern NY ,I'll keep my eyes open for ya.
 I am getting ready to tear down my 74 Barracuda that purchased in high school(1982). My car probably is in the condition your looking for :roflsmiley: rust and lotsa bodywork,mostly underneath :walkaway: :working:

1974 Barracuda 360
2008 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7l Hemi
1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l
Gone but not forgotten
1967 Barracuda 273
1976 Charger 318
2003 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7l
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l