OK tell me I'm crazy!

Author Topic: OK tell me I'm crazy!  (Read 4072 times)

Offline gotacuda23

• 73 mist green 440 cuda
Re: OK tell me I'm crazy!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005 - 12:38:33 AM »
im 15 and i love old mopars, and theres about 10 other kids in my school that are VERY interested in them too, about half of them didnt know what they were until i got my cuda, but now ive got about 8-9 switched from saving for a civic to saving for a charger/challenger/cuda :burnout:  :jumping: :crazy: :bigsmile:

one of them asked me the other day that if they got a charger if i would help them restore it, and now him and his dad are looking to buy one

dont get down about it pink, theres a few of us younger guys out there!!! :woo:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005 - 01:11:18 AM »
I'd just like to add that I think there's enough of us younger guys (and some awesome girls) who still will only accept an old muscle car to build up as opposed to say a Honda CRX or likewise. :thumbsup:  The muscle car market will be in good hands when we grow up. :grinyes: (I'll guarantee to hold up on my side of the deal.) :ylsuper:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005 - 05:16:58 AM »
I`ve never liked tuners and was also discouraged by what most of the next generation was driving for "performance " cars but have now come to accept that those Hondas and such are the cars they grew up with and at least now they modding them to go somewhat fast and not just adding wings and 20`s.That said I do think your crazy  :screwy: as there are lots of younger guys and girls who are buying musclecars and lots more who may drive rice but respect and appreciate older cars.I go to the drags on street nights and am way outnumbered by the tuners but always have them checking my cuda out and complimenting it.Musclecars will always be around and the next generations will come to appreciate and own them just like antiques from the 1900`s and up are now.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005 - 05:52:29 AM »
but after we are gone no-one will care for the old Mopars anymore

I'm happy to say not so. Cheer up :cheers: My nephew has been helping me from day one on my R/T He's 10 now, and he has definitely got it in his blood. He can pick out what type of mopar it is, what year it is already just at a glance. I've always tried to keep the young'ens involved to ensure these beauties won't fall into the wrong hands.
 My nephew even said that when I die, he'll be getting my Challenger so he's got something to look forward to :roflsmiley: ( kids say the darndest things). I've posted these pics before, but I hope it brings you inspiration that there will be caretakers in the future for these gems :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006 - 04:47:25 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005 - 05:58:24 AM »
I have a 1 year old little girl who will know the difference between tuners and Mopars by the time she starts driving.  Her first car will be a 73 RoadRunner with a warmed over 360 and a 4 gear.  :woohoo:

Heaven help all the posers when she gets behind the wheel.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005 - 06:02:28 AM »
There IS hope :thumbsup:         
Her first car will be a 73 RoadRunner with a warmed over 360 and a 4 gear
Start saving :lol:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005 - 07:02:04 AM »
 R/T hedkace,

I already have the car, but I will have to start saving to pay for gas & insurance.  :stomp:

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005 - 07:22:54 AM »
Yoooooze is Craaaazzzy.

There will be plenty of people that are always willing to buy these cars, especially now that there are a ton of RWD V8 cars. However, I doubt that half of the future muscle car buyers will know what they have. Most the kids my age see a muscle car and only care about the name, they have no clue about the history of the car.....they just see a car they like and buy it. So expect most of the muscle cars to be bought by young punks as a status symbol, rather than for simple enjoyment.

Also, ricers are are a dieing breed. There are still a couple places where they are hot, but most of those kids have graduated to real cars and quit the whole ricers scene. Sport compacts are still pretty hot with the SRT-4, EVO, and STI....some of you might say those are ricers, but without the huge wings, ground effect, and 500 stickers....they are just really quick 4 bangers.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005 - 02:09:22 PM »
I have a 1 year old little girl who will know the difference between tuners and Mopars by the time she starts driving.  Her first car will be a 73 RoadRunner with a warmed over 360 and a 4 gear.  :woohoo:

Heaven help all the posers when she gets behind the wheel.

P.G.
Way to go P.G. you raise HER right!!  :thumbsup:  I love my Mopar!!! and I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!!  :grinno:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005 - 02:54:23 PM »
My nephew even said that when I die, he'll be getting my Challenger so he's got something to look forward to :roflsmiley: ( kids say the darndest things).

Hey R/T hedkace, once you finish the Challenger, you better not let you nephew be around any deadly weapons 'cause that Challenger will be his really fast! :grinyes:

Also, aren't there child labor laws that prohibit him from working on your car?  Just kidding!  I'm just jealous I don't have anyone helping me!!!!!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005 - 04:36:51 PM »
Hey R/T hedkace, once you finish the Challenger, you better not let you nephew be around any deadly weapons 'cause that Challenger will be his really fast!
I hear ya, I get the feeling he'll probably push me down a flight of stairs one day :bricks1: :roflsmiley:
 I tell ya though, he is earning it. Everytime I see him the first words out of his mouth are(hey when we gonna get goin on your Challenger?)
 I took him for a ride last year in my fathers  69 440 6 Coronet R/T uncorked during the New England Summer Nationals up here in Worcester, (because once again mine wasn't done) :pullinghair: He definitely enjoyed the ride  :burnout: :thumbsup:  I took it slow of course. :grinno:
I'm looking forward to helping him find his first mopar in just a few more years :woo: :woohoo:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005 - 06:48:37 PM »
my 11yr old  and 9yr old daughters have their own welding goggles, my 5yr old son  knows HEMI is always all caps and looks best in a 71 cuda...

for some insane reason  oldest likes new vettes :puke:       untill a guy pulls up next to us at the Good Guys car show with a 05 vette and tells
my daughter that  " your dad's car is unbelievable! "    it was getting dark thank god..

its all what you teach them  :o
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005 - 06:58:28 PM »
I've done my mopar civic duty in raising mine up right.  Pixie (17) just dies laughing when she sees rice now...even makes me stop so she can go take a pic with her phone.  A guy friend of hers (17) found out she's working on a car, so yesterday we had 3 young  guys come over to check out the duster and the challenger.  Red even took them for a ride in the challenger...I think they're hooked!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2005 - 07:24:43 PM »
good feedback, I think it was a good question to ask so now I can sleep easy at night knowing of all these next generation Mopar fans.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2005 - 07:50:31 PM »
a 17 yr old in a Chally......I remember it well    :bigsmile:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"