BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION

Author Topic: BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION  (Read 16668 times)

Offline Triple Black hemi

Re: BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006 - 06:30:05 PM »
I want to see what the black 71 hardtop hemi 4-spd goes for.. car looks dreamy   :popcorn:

71fish

I'm keeping my eye on that one.......

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006 - 08:32:34 PM »
I would not take a chance and sell my car with no reserve.  Depending at what time your car rolls threw the blocks, there may not be the right group of buyers. Also since Speed will be televising the auction, if they don't show your car you may miss out on phone bidders also. If I had a super rare Mopar to sell, I would put it on ebay with a reserve and see what happens. Also BJ gets 16% from the seller and buyer combined on your car, that's a joke.

Remember though, All cars are on display long before the auction starts. You have a schedule of when the lot numbers will be going through. You plan your day around being at the auction block when the cars you are interested in will be going through. Yes 16% is a lot, plus the entrance fee is over $1,000.00 but you are putting your car in front of people who are serious about cars and have money(lots) in hand plus look at the advertising hype that BJ gets.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006 - 05:33:35 AM »
I would like to see a reality show based on the BJ auctions.The show makes the auction itself looks smooth and controlled but did anyone see the "Life on the block" segment they did? It showed some behind the scenes stuff that was great. One part showed the BJ security guy having words with a guy that had parked a mustang with a "For Sale" sign on it in the parking lot. They call that "curbing" and its strictly forbidden. (BJ is serious about getting their 16% on all vehicle sales BTW).

Also, there were heated moments with lots of bleeps between bidders, auction assistants, show manager, etc. It would be one reality show I would like to see!   :popcorn:
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006 - 08:05:01 AM »
Remember though, All cars are on display long before the auction starts. You have a schedule of when the lot numbers will be going through. You plan your day around being at the auction block when the cars you are interested in will be going through. Yes 16% is a lot, plus the entrance fee is over $1,000.00 but you are putting your car in front of people who are serious about cars and have money(lots) in hand plus look at the advertising hype that BJ gets.

Yes, this is true. If you really want a car, your there when it goes on the blocks. But I also noticed from watching re-runs of 05 BJ, that there are very smart buyers that go there. They know exactly what some cars are worth, and will not pay more. The people that don't know this think just by bringing there car to BJ, they are going to get way above what the cars worth. Big suprise for many people, one dude had 200k in a mid seventies Corvette convertible custom with a total custom 1000hp twin whipple supercharged motor, the car only brought 50k.
Some other dude brings a 1984 512 v12 Ferrari boxer, smokin up the stage. The car was rough, and barely brought 40k.

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006 - 08:22:51 AM »
..biggest peeve is that BJ is similar to ebay.. where one of your cronies bids up the price of the car unbenounced to the real buyer.. it's the same game on a larger scale.. All IMO

71fish
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline ev2340cuda

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006 - 07:51:11 PM »
The way I look at the prices is, I had them, when they weren't worth sh*t,and I have them,when there worth gold,and I will have them even if the day comes that there worth sh*t again! Just My Thoughts! It's nice to know there worth money,but it was never about the money to me!

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006 - 09:44:14 PM »
I would like to see a reality show based on the BJ auctions.The show makes the auction itself looks smooth and controlled but did anyone see the "Life on the block" segment they did? It showed some behind the scenes stuff that was great. One part showed the BJ security guy having words with a guy that had parked a mustang with a "For Sale" sign on it in the parking lot. They call that "curbing" and its strictly forbidden. (BJ is serious about getting their 16% on all vehicle sales BTW).

Also, there were heated moments with lots of bleeps between bidders, auction assistants, show manager, etc. It would be one reality show I would like to see!   :popcorn:
That show is on again monday....
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006 - 08:09:46 AM »
OK what's with the VW wagons.. one went last night for 46k.. The best was the 1976 Pontiac LeMans.. (Can-Am..ohhh, I'm scared LMAO).. went for 20 g's.. It had 4k org miles & a shaker wanna-bee hood.. too funny really.

I was waiting for mopars to roll up but could only watch for an hour.. at my mom's house. I don't get the speed channel. Then I saw a commercial for "PINKS".. that show is awesome.

71fish
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006 - 10:46:18 AM »
Well a 67 hemi gtrx clone went for 120k and a real 68 gtx hemi car brought like 65k what the hell?

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline 70Challey340

• I'm just Plum Crazy over mopars
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006 - 11:46:49 AM »
It's all a gamble!  Case in point, look at the GTX clone went for more then the original.  The more people bidding on a particular car is going to drive the price up if all of them want it..  Look at the Oldsmobile concept that went for 3M.  A lot of people thought it would go for less then a 1M, but you had a bidding war and that thing was jumping like between 100K and 500K.  :screwy:
1970 Challenger 340

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006 - 05:11:15 PM »
..biggest peeve is that BJ is similar to ebay.. where one of your cronies bids up the price of the car unbenounced to the real buyer.. it's the same game on a larger scale.. All IMO

71fish
That can be true for every auction. I'm going to enjoy the cars, relax and unwind and be around some other cars guys.If any of you guys go, look for a guy in an orange "HEMI" cap, it could be me. Say hello and I will buy you a drink.

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006 - 07:23:13 PM »
Well, obviously the man on the street isn't experiencing a feeding frenzy over HIS hemi challenger ragtop clones...

First one:  Third time on ePay, they want $85k, every time it bids up to about $65k, then no more.... what's that tell you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-VINTAGE-HEMI-CHALLENGER-CONVERTIBLE-PS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ4604610523QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Second one:  First time on the Bay, let's watch and see....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Challenger-R-T-Convertible-Hemi-4-speed-A-C_W0QQitemZ4605939463QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:ebay: :popcorn:
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline matt63

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006 - 07:45:29 PM »
What bugs me is when they don't mention whether there is any good documention with the car. That Hemi GTX went for $65K.  I wonder whether it had docs behind it.  I just laughed at that '70 Dart Swinger "factory" big block race car.  I think it was  1 of none.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006 - 08:41:45 PM »
I just finished the #'s engine in this car. http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=183169

Have to do some break-in with her then off she goes in a couple of days.

Went for $64K  :woohoo:

Not bad for a car with no fender tag or buildsheet!! :clapping:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006 - 08:54:51 PM »
Well, obviously the man on the street isn't experiencing a feeding frenzy over HIS hemi challenger ragtop clones...

First one:  Third time on ePay, they want $85k, every time it bids up to about $65k, then no more.... what's that tell you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-VINTAGE-HEMI-CHALLENGER-CONVERTIBLE-PS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ4604610523QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Second one:  First time on the Bay, let's watch and see....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Challenger-R-T-Convertible-Hemi-4-speed-A-C_W0QQitemZ4605939463QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:ebay: :popcorn:

IF either of those convertibles rolled across the BJ stage friday or saturday, I'd bet they'd pull down the big bucks.
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California