Author Topic: BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION  (Read 16667 times)

Oldschool

Re: BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006 - 09:28:03 PM »
Well---not many Mopar muscle cars tonight. Only 2 or 3.  Lotsa nice cars though. Go figure on the prices some cars are bringing.  An Amphicar was top seller of the day at $115.000.00.  Weird    :screwy:   :cooldancing:  ,,,,Oldschool

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006 - 10:38:03 PM »
here's a true B-J auction story...

a friend of mine went to B-J in florida last year....took his wife along to just "experience it".  They were watching an auction for a 73 T top vette...he asks his wife if she wants to be on Tv, she says sure!  so he enters the bidding at the mid 20's. Now bear in mind this vette last year was a low 20's car at best.  so he bids a few times, and stops when the bidding hits 28K.  Now the bidding is moving right along, past 30K...31k...32K...33K... he says to the wife...want to get on TV one more time?   She's game, so he bids 34K.....now all this time a floor person is pumping him up......BANG...he wins at 34K!!!!  plus 8% buyer commision, ,plus transport costs home to PA.....he's into this car over 37K!!!!

He sold it in September of last year for 22K....OUCH!!!!!

I told him to hold onto it till B-J in florida...at least he could advertise it as having been bought for 34K...maybe he would break even....but he was way over his head.

Now this guy is a pretty savy businessman....has a successful bar/resturant...just got caught up in all the hype!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006 - 10:59:24 PM »
Well---not many Mopar muscle cars tonight. Only 2 or 3.  Lotsa nice cars though. Go figure on the prices some cars are bringing.  An Amphicar was top seller of the day at $115.000.00.    :cooldancing:  ,,,,Oldschool

Well for a 115,000, you can invite some friends over to party on the water.  :droolingbounce:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006 - 01:34:35 AM »
I am so glad all of you here are not the BJ bashers like over on the Moparts message board.  It all boils down to your car is worth whatever someone will pay for it.  If someone wants to pay more than what someone else thinks it's worth than let them pay it.  Over on the other board they keep calling people stupid for paying big bucks for a car.  The way I look at it, it's the buyers money let them pay what they want for a car.  I don't here any complaining when someone pays a huge amount for a house or antiques etc.  We are going to BJ to look and have fun.  I hope anyone here that goes has a lot of fun.  It's fun watching it on Speed channel but it will be even more fun seeing it in real life.  Hope to see some of you at BJ.
Pink Ice

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2006 - 01:54:37 AM »
I forgot to mention did anyone notice when you were looking at the ads on the BJ site that there are 2 Cudas that they mention have been rebodied?  I am wondering if BJ's idea of rebodied is different than what our idea would be?  Surely BJ knows that a rebodied car is illegal.  They have a red AAR Cuda that says it's rebodied and the 1971 Triple Black Hemi Cuda mentions it is rebodied.  The website says that the Black Hemi Cuda was in a house fire back in the 70's.  It also mentions it has most of the original interior too.  I remember hearing about the Black Cuda a long time ago and it was supposed to be burned to the ground.  If that is the case how does it still have the original interior?  The only way I could see that is if the owner took out the interior and put it somewhere else at the time.  I will be very curious to see how much it goes for saturday.  One more rant, I wish the Speed channel annoucers would quit touching every car that goes through the auction.  I saw them rubbing their fingers on the paint of cars and pulling on other parts of some of the cars.  It may not be a big deal to them but to the owners I am sure they are not very happy.  If I was selling Blofish or Pink Ice and they touched my car I would come unglued.  A lot of those cars have show quality paint and just touching them with your fingers scratches the paint because your fingers act like sandpaper.  The BJ guys push the cars out with white gloves on why don't they make the Speed channel annoucers do the same? 
Enough about that.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Pink Ice

Offline 1fastsixpack

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006 - 06:48:55 AM »
 Looks like prices are not coming down any time soon. I could not fathum the clone 67 Hemi GTX bringing that kind of money!!!!

Offline FY1443433

• 1971 Superbee, 1970 Challenger R/T
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006 - 08:57:12 AM »
I about fell out when I heard that a 67 Hemi GTX (Clone) brought that kind of money. :wow: 

It must have looked really really good!

FY1443433

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2006 - 09:27:03 AM »
1971 Chally R/T, 1971 Chally, and a 1971 Cuda are slated for tonight.  There is also a 69 RR and Charger and a coronet I think.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2006 - 09:44:47 AM »
As the weekend gets closer, the heavy hitters come on the block. Hemi Cudas, Challengers, Big block Vettes, and the sixties concept cars. 

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2006 - 10:04:06 AM »
 :popcorn:

Well my husband and i are going to be watching for the cudas i am curious to see what they do i have  a 1971 4406pk cuda clone real 340 cuda loaded down with factory options just added the 4406pk curious to see what one of those clones bring.Concsidering my car is all original gilled fender billboard car and all original sheetmetal wow i would think 80-100k at BJ.

michele :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :wow:
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline 70Challey340

• I'm just Plum Crazy over mopars
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2006 - 12:16:49 PM »
One more rant, I wish the Speed channel annoucers would quit touching every car that goes through the auction.  I saw them rubbing their fingers on the paint of cars and pulling on other parts of some of the cars.  It may not be a big deal to them but to the owners I am sure they are not very happy.

I was watching one of the auctions a while back and a guy was bidding on a early Lamborghini Countach with very low miles.  The girls that drove it on to the stage still had the car running.  They were gunning it big time; I image it hit 10K to 11K RMP's quite often.  It was getting close to 100K and the bidder looks at the auctionair and says "If they blow that motor, I'm certainly not going to buy it".  I just started to  :lol:  :lol2:  :faint:
1970 Challenger 340

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2006 - 02:38:28 PM »
The other night they had a T-5 Mustwang sell for 40 grand.  :roflsmiley:
Yeah it's rare because it was bought in Europe. But it still was "just another Mustang" :puke:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2006 - 07:23:57 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmm  maybe I should put a hemi in my GTX instead of my Challenger conv.
JS27
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006 - 12:07:59 PM by Rev-It-Up »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2006 - 07:29:02 PM »
I think it will do better in the e-body JS.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2006 - 03:57:53 PM »
Man, the frenzy there!! :22yikes:
70 Road Runner black, all original...142,500
70 Hemi Cuda, had to of been a repo...175,000
Mike, Fremont, CA.