Author Topic: Hawkeyes  (Read 1170 times)

daves70

Hawkeyes
« on: January 04, 2006 - 05:50:36 PM »
I know this isn't about cudas or challengers, but i just had to vent!! I just can't believe the way my Hawkeyes got screwed in the Outback Bowl!! That ref should be Sh-t canned!!!!!!!!! SORRY!!! :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

daves70

Re: Hawkeyes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006 - 06:11:13 PM »
Come on! Some of you had to watch the game!!! I think the ref got a payoff!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006 - 06:41:07 PM »
Sorry I missed it . . .   :walkaway:

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006 - 12:08:55 AM »
Didn't see it, but I believe you. Just finished the rose bowl game, couple of bad calls, but...Awesome game ! The Texas quarterback is HUGE.
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006 - 12:54:46 AM »
Yeah I watched the Rose bowl game too. Mostly I watch NFL. But the bowl games can be pretty good. Did you catch the Orange bowl? The field goal kicker missed 3 times and the game went into triple overtime.  :22yikes:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006 - 06:31:53 AM »
Yeah I watched the Rose bowl game too. Mostly I watch NFL. But the bowl games can be pretty good. Did you catch the Orange bowl? The field goal kicker missed 3 times and the game went into triple overtime.  :22yikes:

Go Penn State!  Joe Paterno is gettin up there age wise, but he can still motivate a team.

A good friend of mine's son is being wooed by Penn State, he's a sophmore in HS, tailback and he's fast!

Offline lumpy

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006 - 07:48:53 AM »
I know this isn't about cudas or challengers, but i just had to vent!! I just can't believe the way my Hawkeyes got screwed in the Outback Bowl!! That ref should be Sh-t canned!!!!!!!!! SORRY!!! :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

Looks like your frustrations are justified!!! 

http://www.hawkcentral.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=HAWKS

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006 - 09:43:51 AM »
I'm a football junky and I watched sometimes two and three games going on at the same time over the holidays, litterally 12+ hours a day, and indeed Iowa got ripped off royal. Even though the officals in these bowl games are from different cofferences you often have to wonder,"Yes but from what state are they from, where did they go to college?" It's sad enough to loose a game, it's worse to "beat" yourself, but it's a real shame when an offical decides the outcome ! The big ten cofference didn't fare too well this year, but the Buckeyes did OK, Hell I even rooted for that "team up north", but they couldn't pull it out, and there sure should have been a flag on that last play, wild as it was............no time left but the play was still in progress and the players on the bench, coaches and fans were running onto the field. A game cannot end with a defensive penality. Mich. should have been given another play. Yep I watched all of or parts of 17 college and pro games over New Years holiday,Thrusday through Monday was my football heaven. Now, I'm headed to Cincy. Sunday afternoon to cheer on the STEELERS !!   :bigsmile:   :clapping:   :woo:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006 - 10:01:14 AM »
Hell I even rooted for that "team up north", but they couldn't pull it out, and there sure should have been a flag on that last play, wild as it was............no time left but the play was still in progress and the players on the bench, coaches and fans were running onto the field. A game cannot end with a defensive penality. Mich. should have been given another play.

:walkaway:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006 - 10:11:05 AM »
 :iagree: I understand 4C, but on the other hand they were ahead like 11 points going into the 4th. quarter, they should not have let it get away from them, there is speculation Floyd Carr might be asked to resign, I don't get it? The coach and do a poor job and the team win, he can do a great job and still loose, the players still have to "execute", woe to the coach, so many times just not right.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger