Author Topic: hidden challenger  (Read 666 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
hidden challenger
« on: January 07, 2006 - 03:41:36 PM »
Hello to all.ok this is a hard deal and i would like your input. what i got is a car that the owner said to my friend they no longer have.the thing is still hidden away in their garage.the story goes like this it was owned by a gentlman who passed away his brother got the car then he passed away.And now the second brothers widow has the car her son is the one who denies the cars there.the question is should i approach her about the car?and what do you say?I dont want to upset her but this is a car i have dreamed of owning my whole life.Should i just leave this alone which will be very hard to do.please help this very confused clown out.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
Re: hidden challenger
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006 - 03:50:07 PM »
If the second brothers widow owns the car I can`t see anything wrong with nicely asking her about it.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006 - 04:28:18 PM »
can't hurt too ask. I don't see much sentimental value on her part. Hopefully you know enough about the car to make her a cash offer...that'll get her attention :money:

if you don't, next time you drive by you might see someone else loading it on a trailer! :pullinghair:

and your next post will be on the "woulda coulda shoulda" thread  :hyper:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006 - 05:18:47 PM by chevyconvert »
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Oldschool

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006 - 04:54:59 PM »
Keep after it until you know the full story for sure!  Don't miss a great opportunity and someone a little more forward get it out from under you. I see posts on here regularly where someone made one last effort, or asked a person about a car for the umpteenth time and finally get it.  Be polite----but determined.  Just my 0.02 cents.   :cooldancing:  ........Oldschool

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006 - 06:53:55 PM »
I saw a car and wanted to make sure the owner would remember me if he ever decided to sell so I make up a magnetic business card that said  . .

INTERESTED IN THE BARRACUDA
NAME
PHONE
PHONE

I would make a nice looking card with an image of a cartoon cuda (see below) to give it some color and character. I also always put 2 phone numbers on the card just in case one had changed.  I would hope that it looked good enough they would put it on the refrigerator and it would stare them in the face every day!!   :clapping:  The guy I gave it too still has the cuda and hasn't decided to sell yet . . .  :walkaway: 

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006 - 07:04:12 PM »
Be polite and kind. Express your interest and see what happens. It took several months for me to close on my car and at the end the owner told me he thought I was the one to buy the car. He wanted it to go to a good home and not just somebody flippin cars. The moral is with gentle persistance he sold to me. If I had not asked the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th ..............time I would not have gotten it.

Regrets are a terrible thing to have.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD