Author Topic: NFL playoffs-who`s in and who`s out?  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: NFL playoffs-who`s in and who`s out?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2006 - 06:50:01 PM »
Well, I'll route for the supposed underdog. Hope for an upset or a fight to the finish.

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006 - 11:51:06 AM »
Comon TC, The Steeler boys beat up on the Bengals (tough cats) then they whipped the Colts ( lil ponies) then they stomped the Broncos ( bad steeds), when those Seahawks beaks' hit that steel curtain defense there will be bent beaks all over the field (I hope),  :roflsmiley: Sure ought to be a good game, like I told MEK, Pittsburgh has got to watch out for that MVP running back cause he can fly.  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006 - 12:07:34 PM »
Comon TC, The Steeler boys beat up on the Bengals (tough cats) then they whipped the Colts ( lil ponies) then they stomped the Broncos ( bad steeds), when those Seahawks beaks' hit that steel curtain defense there will be bent beaks all over the field (I hope),  :roflsmiley: Sure ought to be a good game, like I told MEK, Pittsburgh has got to watch out for that MVP running back cause he can fly.  :cheers:

Yep, I enjoyed your scouting report Jim.  :thumbsup: I think if the Steelers hold him to under 100 yards, they win.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006 - 12:10:49 PM »
Yep, I enjoyed your scouting report Jim.  :thumbsup: I think if the  (Seahawks)  hold him to under 100 yards, they win.

Mike

:roflsmiley:

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006 - 08:14:30 AM »
Looks like TC has no respect for the boys from steel city, neither had anyone from Cincy, Indy, or Denvy,...........we'll see ? I'm not laughing back or saying it will be a blow out, but there has been only one 100 yard rusher against Pittsburgh this year, (LT from San D.) and he had a couple breakaways later in the game that really didn't do any damage. Seattle also has a good defense, should be one hell of a game. You need to look at respective schedule opposition and injury situations. We (Steeler fans) don't laugh before a game, just MOST of the time afterward we have a grin, but it is one of pride not one of snickering belligerence. And while we are on this thought, Joey Porter as good as he might and can be, needs an attitude adjustment, you notice he is not the typical personallity that the Rooney's and the Steelers in general keep around, just ask that talented receiver they drafted a few years back from Mich State, he's gone and is still acting the same with the NY Giants. A Player pro or high school, must have a self confidence, but his personal ego best stay in the locker room.  Can't wait for the game, win or lose both teams have ample reason to be proud.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006 - 08:22:58 AM »
WSM, I hate that towel waving and that stupid song they play before the play starts. Besides, your team is there now because of a play that is being named "The Immaculate Redemption." I hear that Detroit is already colored up with black and gold everywhere.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2006 - 09:22:17 AM »
You must be speaking of the tackle by Ben R. at the Indy game? But it was on a play that shouldn't even occured except for a bone head call from an official who overturned an interception call. Odd, he's the one and only guy that thought it was not an interception,? And as far as Detriot goes, it's basically a rust belt blue collar city just like Pittsburg, Pittsburg makes the steel, Detroit makes the cars, and that is Jerome Bettis' home town, what, do you expect them to boo the Steelers? LOL. Besides, I've read and heard that the Pittsburg Steelers have been becoming the "America's Team" starting to replace the Cowboys long time status. Better get on the bandwagon TC, now's your chance  :roflsmiley:   This ought to be a great game, hey TC want me to send ya a pic with my Terrible Towel, and I just got my cap and shirt the guys were wearing in the locker room after the conference championship game,.............can't wait to order my cap and shirt after their Super Bowl victory  :clapping:

H E R E   W E    G O   S T E E L E R S ................. H E R E   W E    G O   !  !  !
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2006 - 09:55:44 AM »
WSM, We definitely need to see a pic of you all Steelered up. As far as the immaculate redemption play goes, I heard it was the missed field goal but I'm not sure.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2006 - 08:38:17 AM »
Could have been ? Either way both occured because of the above zebra goof. BTW - MEK has been notified of a very potential security alert on Sunday, I'll let Mike explain if he wishes to.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2006 - 09:41:11 AM »
OK Jim,

This is the latest information I have...

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2006 - 09:51:34 AM »
Sounds to me like it's the East coast vs. the West coast Mopar guys
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2006 - 03:01:53 PM »
It's all in good fun. Seattle has never been there before. Heck, they've only been in the playoffs a couple of times, so I can understand the excitement out there. I have butterflies right now... and it's only Wednesday.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2006 - 08:43:17 AM »
 :thumbsup: Thanks MEK, I couldn't "STEEL" that from ya, I was hoping you'd come through and post it, I did send it around though and even printed out and 8x10 glossy. If you "resave" it under another form rather than jpeg it actually comes out quite nice, something else to add to the big game. I see Joey is being is old mouthy self, admittedly the Seattle guy spoke out of place but Porter I think was just looking for some reason to get into his personal spot light, the press had even been hoping he'd mouth off. Why, just shut up and play the game, talk afterward if you got something to talk about! I like his talent as a player but his personality (at least publically) is is like a jackass.  :dunno:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006 - 09:47:18 AM »
:thumbsup: Thanks MEK, I couldn't "STEEL" that from ya, I was hoping you'd come through and post it, I did send it around though and even printed out and 8x10 glossy. If you "resave" it under another form rather than jpeg it actually comes out quite nice, something else to add to the big game. I see Joey is being is old mouthy self, admittedly the Seattle guy spoke out of place but Porter I think was just looking for some reason to get into his personal spot light, the press had even been hoping he'd mouth off. Why, just shut up and play the game, talk afterward if you got something to talk about! I like his talent as a player but his personality (at least publically) is is like a jackass.  :dunno:

I agree with you about Joey and his BIG mouth. It's gotten him kicked out a few times in the past. I think he would fit in well with all the show-boaters on the Baltimore Ravens.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2006 - 06:03:27 PM »
MEK, shouldn't you be a Ravens fan? or a skins fan?
Mike, Fremont, CA.