Author Topic: Got a welder  (Read 799 times)

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
Got a welder
« on: January 11, 2006 - 06:18:39 PM »
I know we did a topic on welders a while back, but I couldn't find the darn thing so I'll post it here.
I wanted to get an idea on the cost of a decent Tig welder last week, so my cousin and I went to a couple welding supply shops  to do some shopping.
I priced a Lincoln 185 Tig/stick machine at $2000.oo out the door.
I priced a Miller 180 at around the same. I went on e-bay and found a miller 180 syncrowave machine with a buy it now of $1567.
Then ,I was telling one of the engineers at work what I was looking for and he says " My dad passed away last year, he has a tig welder in his garage." He asks me if I want to see it. I ask him how much , ready for this? ? ?
$ 00.oo ! ! !   :eek2:    He says I have to get it out before last Sunday. We loaded it on Saturday !
Its a Miller 250 Syncrowave machine . AC/DC , stick/ tig , straight /reverse polarity , remote foot amp.control.                                                                                                                                            All I have to buy is an Argon tank and regulator set. Soon as I get it all set up, I'll post a couple pics.
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
Re: Got a welder
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006 - 06:25:53 PM »
Good luck with your welder.  That was very nice of your co-worker!

Offline VPOINTCUDA

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006 - 08:22:29 PM »
Thanks , April, Gregg's an alright guy, ( for an engineer that is ! )  :grinyes: . He is one of those " Porshe" nuts that does the road racing . He's building an 800+ hp motor ( ? ? ?  didn't know they could make that much power outta a four cylinder, but what do I know ! ! ! ) so he can race at Watkins Glen this year. The actual price of the welder is that I have to do some Aluminum fabricating for him , but he said he'd pay for all the materials. Can you argue with that kind of deal , or what ? ? ?

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006 - 08:23:17 PM »
No arguing at all! 

Offline VPOINTCUDA

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006 - 08:27:33 PM »
So , how was your Holidays? I still have the card hung up on the fridge! Those are two beautiful dogs .
I had a siberian Husky back years ago, but he couldn't take the summer heat. He started snapping at my two sons ( at the time they were 3 and 6 years old.) so I had to return him to the people I got him from. Was a shame . He was a beautiful animal. Looked like a wolf !

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006 - 08:49:36 PM »
It's great to be in the right place at the right time, talking to the right people!  That is a great deal!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!