Author Topic: 70 Cuda price Help!  (Read 7530 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: 70 Cuda price Help!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006 - 10:04:56 PM »
They do look alittle off in that first pic . . . whats the story??   :dunno:   Sweet looking car though!!   :drool:  :drool:

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006 - 02:05:44 PM »
37 coats of paint? are you sure the body panel gaps will be wide enough to allow the doors to open? ;D
seriously, it looks like it's going to come out really nice ! :thumbsup:
And this is to win the heart of a woman? :dunno:
yes hopefully it will.Thanx :bigsmile:

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006 - 02:08:11 PM »
I thought this was supposed to be a 70? Those are 71 fenders.
Yes it s a 70 and the fender was done back in 71 if u notice they are not placed in a 71 fender order.Thanx. :bigsmile:

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006 - 02:10:35 PM »
Did you add the fender gills? they look to be too far forward on the fender. Nice Cuda. Keep us posted on progress.
Thank you. and no, they were done back in 71 by the original owner .yes they are in a different spot than the 71. :bigsmile:

Offline cudaaah

• 71 HEMI cuda, 2015 ram 2500 mega cab diesal 4x4
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006 - 11:05:05 PM »
Not to criticize, but being in the middle of my first resto job (71 cuda ), and spending the time you are w/ that awsume paint job, I would think you would correct the fender gills???  I'm just starting w/ my metal work, and hope it comes out as nice as yours.

By the way,  I think that's a great color, I haven't yet decided on my color, was considering Gun Metal, but a little too low key.  What color is that?  I'm also considering sassy green, but everyones restoring that color it seems.

Good luck w/ your project.

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006 - 06:51:16 AM »
Not to criticize, but being in the middle of my first resto job (71 cuda ), and spending the time you are w/ that awsume paint job, I would think you would correct the fender gills???  I'm just starting w/ my metal work, and hope it comes out as nice as yours.

By the way,  I think that's a great color, I haven't yet decided on my color, was considering Gun Metal, but a little too low key.  What color is that?  I'm also considering sassy green, but everyones restoring that color it seems.

Good luck w/ your project.
No problem at all. I appreciate for pointing that out. I was going to change the fenders and go with the later models with original gills but I realized that I kind of like the way these gills are set up further in the middle of the fender. About the paint, I had to have it made myself and had it done by changing it over and over again to finally the shade that I liked and this is what we got. But the basis was from a european color car that we started out with.At least, that s what I was told. And it was a dark green as you can see. I m sure your metal work will come out great and thank you for your comment on the paint job.Good luck to you too and enjoy your restoration.Thanx. :bigsmile: