Author Topic: 70 Cuda price Help!  (Read 7543 times)

Offline sharpspike

Re: 70 Cuda price Help!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006 - 08:01:00 PM »
:iagree:

oh a wise guy. just for that im going to post a pic of me in speedo's. thatll kill this thread. :villagers: :roflsmiley:

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006 - 03:23:36 AM »
the previous the owner does. He actually has stored away the old top in order to prevent it from rotting away and says doesn t want to sell it. And the code is V1G.
Vinyl Black Gator Grain.Special ordered on the Y09 export only vehicle.

Uhm, so you mean to say the previous owner "peeled off" the gator skin prior to selling you the car?

So far, the options you've listed are typical for a 'Cuda. The ones that stand out are of course, the gator grain top, A34 Super Track Pack (4.10 gears) package, power brakes are not rare, but a nicety.

Sounds like a U-code, 440 4-barrel, which would fetch approximately 55-65k, the higher end being with the 4 speed manual.

So...the 1 of 334....can you elaborate on that.....is that because of the Gator Grain top? Have you gotten any information from Galen Govier, who is pretty much stage central for Mopar stats?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2006 - 03:25:43 AM by Bondavi »
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006 - 06:26:10 PM »
oh a wise guy. just for that im going to post a pic of me in speedo's. thatll kill this thread. :villagers: :roflsmiley:
speedo s? :grinno: not a good idea!

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006 - 06:38:42 PM »
Uhm, so you mean to say the previous owner "peeled off" the gator skin prior to selling you the car?

So far, the options you've listed are typical for a 'Cuda. The ones that stand out are of course, the gator grain top, A34 Super Track Pack (4.10 gears) package, power brakes are not rare, but a nicety.

Sounds like a U-code, 440 4-barrel, which would fetch approximately 55-65k, the higher end being with the 4 speed manual.

So...the 1 of 334....can you elaborate on that.....is that because of the Gator Grain top? Have you gotten any information from Galen Govier, who is pretty much stage central for Mopar stats?

Not really. When he had it painted first time around he decided to keep the top in safe place since he knew it was custom ordered and hard to find and went with other type of vinyl. So he still has it in storage. and there were actually 340 of these made which 6 were convertible with the options mentioned and the 440 mag. 4 bbl. code E86.
No. I haven t got to Galen yet. But have heard of him. Anyways, this has been verified with another site and guys at the forum and also with some parts manufacturers and restorers who offered to purchase it. I might also add that I have placed adds in japanese magazines thru a friend that lives there and have gotten some good offers. So I figured, by the time I finish the restoration I would probably get better offers since the ones I got were requesting to sell as it sits.
thanx. :bigsmile:

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006 - 06:28:31 AM »
 :sleeping:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006 - 07:51:18 PM »
 :popcorn:

:dunno:

Offline N96cuda

• Kirks Cars
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006 - 08:14:57 PM »
I might also add that I have placed adds in japanese magazines thru a friend that lives there and have gotten some good offers. So I figured, by the time I finish the restoration I would probably get better offers since the ones I got were requesting to sell as it sits.
thanx. :bigsmile:

Wow. I see that you are a real enthusiast and not just some money hungary investor...Thanks. You are great for the hobby.  :ylsuper: :thumbsup:

70 Cuda 440-6 Shaker, Auto, Vitamin C, stripe delete, black int. & vinyl top, luggage rack, Magnums, build sheet
71 Cuda conv. 383 4-speed, Rallye red, black top, int. and billboards, 2 complete build sheets
09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8
www.93cobra.itgo.com

Offline sharpspike

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006 - 08:29:57 PM »
sounds like somebody needs a group hug. :dogpile:

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006 - 12:10:05 PM »
Wow. I see that you are a real enthusiast and not just some money hungary investor...Thanks. You are great for the hobby.  :ylsuper: :thumbsup:
Frankly, money is not important. Neither in this case nor at this time.Didnt pay much for it.That s why I could afford it. And I wouldnt sell it for no amount and I couldn t anyways.That was just to say that I did my research on the value of the car .I gifted it when I purchased it to someone else. Also,the rareness of the car is important which I wanted to prove to her as well as the value of the gift. So now. It actually is up to her if she wants to sell it or not which I doubt she will. I just used my knowledge for a special occasion for someone and I lucked out. That s it.Also, this is not a hobby. This has been a passion since the age of 11. It ran in the family. The elders were all domestic sports car enthusiasts. Well I m having my cousin do the body work and paint since he s good at it so that s not going to cost much either. It would actually be the cost of material. And it should take him about 6 months worth of time as he says for a decent ground up prep. and another six for the rest for me.thanx.

Offline kmyles

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006 - 12:45:29 PM »
 :useless:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006 - 09:30:36 AM »

Offline Bob.B

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006 - 05:38:24 PM »
:useless:
 :working:
Ok Guys. Here it is . 17 coats of paint plus 10 coats of clear and 10 more in a few weeks. Including another 5 clear coats in the engine compartment. The whole underneath and wheel wells have also been stripped and coated then painted. Will show in the future pic. :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006 - 07:06:02 AM by Bob.B »

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006 - 06:13:09 PM »
37 coats of paint? are you sure the body panel gaps will be wide enough to allow the doors to open? ;D
seriously, it looks like it's going to come out really nice ! :thumbsup:
And this is to win the heart of a woman? :dunno:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006 - 06:17:34 PM »
I thought this was supposed to be a 70? Those are 71 fenders.

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006 - 06:29:27 PM »
Did you add the fender gills? they look to be too far forward on the fender. Nice Cuda. Keep us posted on progress.
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!