Author Topic: not sure if its proven  (Read 1822 times)

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
not sure if its proven
« on: January 13, 2006 - 01:43:51 PM »
Well, its not a proven combo yet but with the help from CP, I ordered a blower this morning. Its an BDS product, 8-71 kit including 2 demon 750 blower carb. It was a real hit in the pocket book let me tell you (more than I paid for the car), but I like to go fast so its worth it. Next is the rest of the engine....coming after a few pay days....ouch.... :droolingbounce:

Offline todd383

• I'm a llama!
Re: not sure if its proven
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006 - 04:54:46 PM »
Thats a pretty damn big blower, are u goin to run a big block, make sure that bottom end is strong!!!!

Offline Follicly Challenged

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006 - 02:09:49 PM »
Did BDS reccomend a camshaft ? do they still offer their 4400, 4500 & 4600 Mech. Flat Tappet series grinds ?

Offline KellysCuda

• still working on it
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006 - 11:05:34 PM »
I never asked BDS for a cam shaft, I am gonna go with comp cams, and I will probly let CP pick what he likes and try that. I did talk to comp cams my self, twice and got 2 different answers on cam shafts, :screwy:  both were smaller than I want to use. The engine in my car comes out tomorrow, so soon parts will be ordered, blower pistons, new rods, etc.
Kelly

Oldschool

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006 - 10:29:04 AM »
You might reconsider taking the Comp Cams folks advice.  With the added pressure on the intake side, you won't need as large a cam as a normally aspirated car would need. That blower pressure will stuff those cylinders without a bunch of lift/duration.  There are custom blower cams available.  They make HUGE power    :burnout:  and are easier on the valve train.  Just my 0.02.    :cooldancing:   ....Oldschool

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006 - 10:08:53 PM »
Well, its not a proven combo yet but with the help from CP,

I thought CP didn't like Comps chevy grind cams and liked hughes more with more results.
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006 - 07:16:27 AM »
Ya, CP isnt a big fan of comp, and I think your right O.S, I will use one of thier recomendations or what CP wants to go with. Yesterday we yanked the engine and trans and rear axils and fuel tank and power steering box (bout to install firm feel unit). All to get the various parts up graded for the new blower motor...damn I cant wait.       :woohoo:
Transmission goes in today for rebuild and reverse valve body, new rear gears also, gonna jump up to 3;55. I,ll let ya know O.S what cam gets picked, just for your opinion.

Oldschool

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006 - 10:08:07 AM »
I,ll let ya know O.S what cam gets picked, just for your opinion.

Definately keep me posted.   :ylsuper:  Sounds like you are on the right track for some serious fun!   :cheers:   :cooldancing:  ...Oldschool

Offline lemurfart

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006 - 04:29:54 PM »
are BDS nice blowers, im playing around with the idea of one for my 340?

are there better brands of blowers, and are the kits all good parts.

how much hp can one expect from a nice set-up 340

sorry for all the questions, once ive got the car mostly done i can help answer:)
2008 Ducati 1098 - Flat Black :)

1972 Dodge Challenger 340-4-4speed pistol

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006 - 06:09:43 PM »
are BDS nice blowers, im playing around with the idea of one for my 340?

are there better brands of blowers, and are the kits all good parts.

how much hp can one expect from a nice set-up 340

sorry for all the questions, once ive got the car mostly done i can help answer:)
I,m not sure and probly and I hope so and I,m not sure .......lollol, Its all new to me too, but from talking to others, BDS was recomended by a few people and the shop I bought it from really likes them, none of its cheap but if its cheap it scares me. I,m sure there are better and more expensive but I wouldnt know the difference till it was to late. I am hoping to have a reliable weekend car that dont take no crap from no furd or chebby...lollol, and not have to rebuild every year.

Offline lemurfart

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006 - 06:16:05 PM »
yea im in the same boat, they look like good stuff

also id prolly have to get a new hood, because the RT hood looks kinda funny with a blower

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006 - 02:45:39 AM »
BDS kits fit properly & work well , other like Hampton have mismatched parts & even buying a kit will not help as a lot of the parts will not work as they are supposed to , BDS also has one of the Best intakes for blower applications , I would expect over 600 HP from a blown 340 properly built with the right parts

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline lemurfart

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006 - 12:56:42 PM »
BDS it is !!!

and over 600 !!!

wheres my tax return to put a dent in the cost