Author Topic: been gone a while but im back :-)  (Read 1098 times)

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
been gone a while but im back :-)
« on: January 17, 2006 - 03:36:18 PM »
hey everyone, ive been on a little break from the computer since its been hunting and trapping season for the last 3 months. i have stopped in for a few minutes off and on lately but havent posted at all. too much stuff to do all the time.
i kinda got the Cuda Bug  :working: back again about a week ago since my cousin found me a present. a guy he knows has a bunch of car parts sitting around in sheds and corn cribs (i live in Iowa  LOL ) and so on so he asked him if he had any 70 Cuda parts. he said all he has are 2 doors and a trunk lid. my cousin brought them home and showed them to me and the doors are in almost perfect shape and they have good glass in them both, one is missing the outside door handle and both are missing the inner door panels. the trunk lid is not in the best shape but is better than the one on my cuda, any of you that can remember the pics i posted of my car can vouch for the fact the it needs a lot of TLC.
now that my busy time of year is almost over im really gettin the bug to start workin on the cuda.  :working:
oh yeah i almost forgot. the price for the 2 doors is $250 and 25 for the trunk lid. i havent officially bought them yet but they are sitting and waiting for me to get my taxes done then they are mine. i dont think that $275 is too bad for what im getting,  :feedback: too much? or a good deal?
i need batteries for my digital camera but as soon as i take the time to get batteries ill take some pics and post them of my new parts.   :bigsmile:
70 Barracuda

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
Re: been gone a while but im back :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006 - 03:57:18 PM »
hey man welcome back iv missed ya!! how many deer you kill??? i messed up on a hugh 10 the last week of bow!! but oh well!!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline moparbowhunter

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006 - 04:04:23 PM »
i only shot 2 deer this year. a doe with my bow and a 7 point with my shotgun. my oldest boy started hunting this year, he got his first squirrell and his first tweety bird and his first rabbit. i took him trapping with me and i let him shoot a raccoon that i caught too. lots of proud moments for dad.  :bigsmile:
so when is your baby due 6pak? and have you found out what it is yet?
70 Barracuda

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006 - 04:20:53 PM »
Welcome back MBH! 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006 - 05:38:38 PM »
its due june the 6th it was the 1st but they changed it!! they can tell quite yet the said hopefully they will find out next time we go! that will be feb 13th!! WOW thats great i didnt kill nothin but time how old is your son?? he really got into it didnt he? i remember the first squirrill i killed it was an amazing feeling!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006 - 06:15:41 PM »
Sounds like you had alot of fun MBH!  Welcome back . . . missed ya!!   :wave:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006 - 06:22:37 PM »

Welcome back mate, you do get around!!  :bananasmi
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline moparbowhunter

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006 - 12:02:03 AM »
glad to be back :woohoo:, i missed everyone here too was just too busy with everything around home and outdoors to sit on the computer. there needs to be another 10 or so hours in a day  :hyper:.
i have 4 kids 16 yr old girl, 11 yr old girl, 10 yr old boy and 7 yr old boy. my 10 yr old boy is the one that was hunting the most with me this year. yes he really got into it and was very happy, not to mention the feeling that dad had when he was successful :clapping:.
70 Barracuda

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006 - 05:50:09 AM »
Welcome Back MoparBowHunter, you got alot of catching up to do  :chatting:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006 - 09:04:06 AM »
Welcome back MBH, we missed you. And I'd say you got a great deal on the doors, I've seen them near twice that at swap meets, but they were complete with the pannels but needed dyeing though, you did good.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline moparbowhunter

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006 - 12:39:53 AM »
yep ive noticed a lot of catching up to do, the site looks a lot diferent and there are a lot of names that i dont recognize, but ill catch up   :swaying:
WSM thanks for the response on the doors, i was thinking the same thing but i wasnt positive.  :clapping:
70 Barracuda