Author Topic: cuda stripe poll  (Read 3145 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
cuda stripe poll
« on: January 18, 2006 - 08:05:12 PM »
I have a 1973 cuda that I am wanting to add some stripes to.  These stripes will be BLACK!  No color . . . sorry.  At Carlisle 2005, I fell in love with the black AAR and those coolass stripes on that black paint . . .  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:   I've decided to put somethig similar on my black car to kind of get the effect!  So my question is . . . which one looks better??  My car does look like a 72 since I moved in the bumpers and changed the bumper guards.  I have attached a picture of my black car and then 2 pics of the 72 stripe and 2 pics of the 73-74 stripe.  Thanks for all the help with this!!   :worshippy  :worshippy

kudakidd

Re: cuda stripe poll
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006 - 08:08:53 PM »
73 style for sure. Kinda like a cross between half a billboard and a solid strobe! :icon16:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006 - 08:13:22 PM »
I vote for the 72 stripe.  Gotta love the look of black on black!

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006 - 08:19:14 PM »
I like the 72 better.  Shows the rear body shape better, imo.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006 - 09:08:37 PM »
Seeing as a black stripe will hardly show or compliment body lines I would say the bigger it is the better.  My vote, seeing as your going big block would be a billboard stripe!!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006 - 09:13:13 PM »
Seeing as a black stripe will hardly show or compliment body lines I would say the bigger it is the better.  My vote, seeing as your going big block would be a billboard stripe!!

That stripe on your challenger in black would look good on my car I think too!   :drool:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006 - 09:17:57 PM »
I never realized how similar the 70 challenger and the 72 cuda stripes are.

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006 - 10:57:20 PM »
I prefer the banners and second choice would be the hockey stripe. I'm planning on making mine limelight green -w- black banners, black vinyl top, and black scallops around the scoops! :wow:
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline cuda4me

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006 - 12:19:49 AM »
Hi all,
My '74 'cuda was triple black with a flat black factory stripe (try saying that 5 times!)  I always had people asking me why someone would order a black car with a flat black stripe on it!  I was the second owner, and I loved that look.  Here's a sample picture below - you might be able to make out the stripe.  Since I'm new to this board, I hope my attachment comes across o.k.  If it doesn't, feel free to give guidance and I'll try again.  I can't figure out the new scanner yet, so I took a picture of a picture - so this shot isn't the best - and, of course, my pictures are 20+ years old!  Am I dating myself?  There was nothing like cleaning up the 'cuda on the weekend - waxing and when I dressed the vinyl top, that flat black stripe, the flat black tail panel, and of course, the tires, and went out cruising, it felt MIGHTY FINE!  I certainly wish now I would have never sold that car 20 years ago!  I've even tried tracking it down with no luck!!!  4cruzin, I'm totally jealous and I'm drooling all over my keyboard.  You got a pistol grip or an automatic?  What engine?  Can't talk my spouse into letting me buy a 'cuda.  Guys, got any suggestions on swaying a spouse?

CJ

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006 - 01:24:36 AM »
i like the 72 stripe better as its been stated before, it shows the body lines better.
now cuda4me, swaying a spouse? usually cant be done so i would just come home with a cuda and say look what i got honey!! im really excited and if you arent, TOO BAD!!!!!  lol  :clapping:
70 Barracuda

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006 - 02:35:59 AM »
Guys, got any suggestions on swaying a spouse?

CJ

Investment.  Show her how much they sold for 5 years ago, then show her how much they sell for now.  Then tell her thats about how much they will grow over the next 5 years, too.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006 - 06:41:54 AM »
One easy way to sway the wife is to get one for her too!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006 - 07:48:52 AM »
4cruzin, I'm totally jealous and I'm drooling all over my keyboard.  You got a pistol grip or an automatic?  What engine?  Can't talk my spouse into letting me buy a 'cuda.  Guys, got any suggestions on swaying a spouse?

Thanks cuda4me . . . I bought this car in 1982, my first car and graduation present to me!  I have the original drivetrain right now but I'm planning an upgrade from the 340 4 speed to a wedge motor and maybe a 5 speed!  Have to see how much money I can come up with!!  As for the spouse thing . . . . I really can't help much as you are looking at my wife!   :cheers:

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006 - 08:01:30 AM »
What about a white hockey stick?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert