Pray for my friend Kimberly, Please

Author Topic: Pray for my friend Kimberly, Please  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Lancerlady03

Re: Pray for my friend Kimberly, Please
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006 - 10:41:37 PM »
Hey everyone. My name is Kimberly. First of all, thank you Everett for taking the time to ask all these nice people to pray for me. You are so incredibly nice and it is very hard to come by friends like you. Your care and compassion has given me a tremendous amount of faith and hope. so i thank you. And second of all, i want to thank all you for giving my your care and support. As you all know, i dont know you, but i read some of your questions and i'll try to answer them the best i can...

I have Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Basically, its when my marrow produces too few red and white blood cells and platelets. In other words, i basically feel like crap. lol. but yeah. Its mostly in my white blood cells, when they grow,they have leukemia in them. So the chemo is killing them and hoping that when they grow back that they'll be healthy. so yeah. I'm hoping!

2. I'm 22years old.

3. I am having a really hard time with my hair loss. I officially have a mullet today.  :'(
and its really kicking my butt emotionally.

4. it sounds really funny, but i am really upset about not being able to eat yogurt. lol. dont know why, but i love yogurt and not being able to eat it makes me mad. hehe. oh, and i cant have ice either. crazy.

so i've been needing to have chemo for quite a while now and i am glad that i am finally able to get it. If it wasnt for my grandfather, i would not be able to afford this. (God bless his rested soul). So i thank him very much. Also, i am staying very strong in my faith. God will help me through this.

So, once again, i thank you Everett and i thank everyone here. GOD BLESS YOU ALL
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006 - 10:59:05 PM by Lancerlady03 »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006 - 12:23:15 PM »
We are all praying for you here and hope you get better soon!  God Bless you!   :thumbsup:  Thanks for stopping in! 

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006 - 03:26:00 PM »
Hi Kimberly!  Thanks for the update/info.  I will continue to keep you in my prayers.  When you feel up to it, drop us a line here and give us an update. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Johnny Cuda

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006 - 04:07:08 PM »
Kimberly,

I can relate to the yogurt thing fully, just remember when you get better, and you will, that yogurt will taste so much better. I had a rough time with foods as well, me being Italian and all, my other passion besides cars is food. Well as you know chemo kills not only bad cells but the good as well which disrupts your body's ability to produce mucus. So the goes ins and goes outs were quite painful for me as well. As a cancer survivor you will learn to appreciate some of the most simple things in life even more. While Cancer is something we hate to remember we had it does have a life changing effect on us and you will be a stronger, better person it in the end, God sees to it.

JohnnyCuda

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006 - 08:21:00 PM »
Kimberly thanks for sharing with us, stay strong in spirit and faith and when you least expect it the love of your family and friends like ghost will lighten the weight and difficulity you may be experiencing. I don't expect you to understand this, but this is a very close group here and I consider them a part of my "extended" family and now that you have joined us............welcome home   :wave:  :thumbsup:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006 - 12:03:05 AM »
Welcome to the Board
 thanks for stopping in & updating us
We are pulling for you !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Lancerlady03

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006 - 01:06:26 AM »
gosh. everyone here is so welcoming. thank you!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2006 - 01:53:35 AM »
gosh. everyone here is so welcoming. thank you!

That's why I like it here so much, Kim. :)

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2006 - 03:52:00 AM »
im sorry i got into this thread late Ghost and now Kimberly. as stated before this place is like a family. im glad to be a small part of it. ill put you in my prayers and i am pulling for you. hope all is going well. you keep fighting!!!
70 Barracuda

Offline GoMango

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2006 - 04:54:08 AM »
Kimberly, you sound like you are a very strong willed person and you will get through this just fine. Thank you for dropping in and sharing with us...in fact, drop in as often as you like. We'll keep you in our prayers :angelwings:

The mullet is not so bad, I'm sure several folks on here have had 1--might still have one--or now have the kojac look. :roflsmiley: Again, good luck and keep your faith--you'll be over this in no time!
70 Challenger R/T
(Back on the road--1st time since '96)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2006 - 06:00:22 AM »
Thanks for dropping in and updating us, Kimberly.  Chemo is a tough thing. 

I'm a visiting nurse and I've seen what it does to some of the patients I've seen.  Pretty much all of my patients are elderly.  You have the advantage of your youth and spirit to help pull you through!  :thumbsup:

Keep up the great attitude you have and you'll pull through fine.  Ghost is a great friend to have in time of need.  Pop in every so often to let us know how you're doing!  :wave:

Take care and God Bless!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006 - 09:29:43 AM »
Hi Kimberly, I am glad you came by to introduce yourself and give us an update on how you are doing.  I know you are going throguh the roughest part now, but soon it will pass and all will be back to normal.  Keep your spirits up and think ONLY positive thoughts.  Your hair will grow back, try not to let it upset you too much.  I am sure your body will heal much faster if you surround yourself with positve thoughts and energy.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing! 

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006 - 10:02:01 AM »
again, but more personally,  best wishes and keep your spirits up
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline Lancerlady03

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006 - 02:47:50 PM »
welp, today was the last day of chemo. actually, i'm getting it right now. lol. i'm just ready for it to be done. Hopefully i am now leukemia free. After i'm done with today, i will rest for 7 days, then they will see how my progress has gone. I AM REALLY HOPING THAT I"VE GONE INTO REMISSION. i really do. but hey, if not, i'll just do chemo again and pray harder! So, thank you again for all your support. knowing that people are pulling for me is helping me. even though i dont know you. Its pretty sad that my own husband wont come see me. So thank you.

I am really fortunate to have such wonderful friends and family. Like i said, i would not be able to have this treatment unless my grandfather had paid for it. We were supposed to go through chemo together, but unfortunately, our Father called him home and he passed away in December. Its hard for me to accept his death, but he saved my life. So i want to thank him as well...Thank you Grandpa Fred, I love you.

oh, and btw, i dont have a mullet anymore. i asked the doc to shave the mullet off. now i just have fuzz... lol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006 - 03:04:26 PM by Lancerlady03 »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006 - 03:35:18 PM »
I really hope it has gone into remission too!   I have been praying for an Archangel to come to your aid.  They are beautiful creatures with bright white wings and blue tips . . but they also have the ability to heal.  Pray to god and ask your spirit guide to call for one of these angels to come and rid the sickness from your body!!  I pray everything works out for you!   :angelwings: