Author Topic: 1970 V-Code 6 Pack 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda convertiable w/shaker hood 50K  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Pipefish

I kind of new around here but  know some of the v-code convertable are worth big money,anyway this parts salesman come into my shop and were talking about cudas,he said he just sold a 1970 318 convertible in purfect shape for 11.5K ,and now wants to sell the 440 shaker convertible,so I need to know what to look for to make shure the car is what he says it is.I told him I would give im 50K for it and he about fell over, the guy bought it new in 1970 and has no ides what he has.So I need to know what kind of money the car it worth.I know the car is all original and hasn't been touched,and the only thing wrong with it is it wont start it been setting for along time,I think I might have tiped him of alittle on what the car is worth.Get this, this guy has been delivering parts to us for 5 years and makes about 25K a year and is setting on a car he bought after he got out of the army,and hasn't got a clue.I asked him what he thouhgt it was worth and he said 20K,so Im crossing my fingrs and hopping he's going to sale it to me,any help would be nice.Thanks

Offline inot2old

Re: 1970 V-Code 6 Pack 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda convertiable w/shaker hood 50K
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006 - 05:42:42 PM »
Man, you should have run out and got $20,000 in cash and handed it to him.  I saw a '70 Cuda convertible rustbucket at Carlisle last year for $20,000.
Somebody got a great deal on the 318 convertible.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006 - 01:40:55 AM »

Its kind of a bittersweet thing. If you bought the car cheap, good for you, but I can't help but feel bad for the guy, especially after hes had it since new. A lot of those sellers at Barrett Jackson are after the same thing...trying to find jewels in the rough with owners out in farms ignorant of their true worth, just take them out and have a field day at the bank.  :money:  While business is business, I still would want to compnsate the guy fairly so that he wasn't being deceived.

That said,  :useless:

Post some more details about the car when you've seen it, and pics.
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006 - 08:23:40 AM »
That story is a little hard to swallow.   What kind of guy owns a Hemi since new and hasnt even a clue what its worth.    What kind of guy out of the blue and blows a $50,000 offer on a car that he doesnt full well know the details of.    Now dont you think it would scare a guy and make him suspecious if you blew in out of the blue and offered him $50,000 for a car?      A story that makes you go hmmmmmmmm.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006 - 08:55:02 AM »
Besides the fact if all is true,there are plenty of people out there that arent mopar fanactics like we are and dont know the value of these cars,You may have just allerted this buyer on the real worth of this car.I would have said can i look at it and if i like it make you an offer?Then I would have offered about 15k and see what he says,then more if needed.Sure its worth more but it not our job to tell a guy that would be happy selling a car for 15-20k that its worth much more,you snooze you lose.You may have just let the cat out of the bag and now it he has any common sense will research the true value.When you trade in a vehicle at a dealer,you know he will sell it for more than he bought it,its the american way
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006 - 11:40:28 AM »
Pipefish.. I'll give you 25k.. 5k for you and the cr for me.. 5k finders fee.

71fish
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline Pipefish

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006 - 10:43:39 PM »
Hey moparnut that would have been a good idea but I made the offer before I got a chance to think about it ,got alittle excited I guess,well anyway I talked to the guy today and he wants us to paint it for him and help him sell it .I havn't seen it yet so I dont know if it would bring anymore money painted or not ,and I still havn't got the vin and the fender tag numbers yet to see if everthing he is telling me is true.I'm not shure how to decode the fender tag but I'm shure someone here can. 

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006 - 01:31:06 AM »
I talked to the guy today and he wants us to paint it for him and help him sell it . I still havn't got the vin and the fender tag numbers yet to see if everthing he is telling me is true.I'm not shure how to decode the fender tag but I'm shure someone here can. 

Huh? Didn't you already make an contigent offer of $50k? Now he wants you to help paint the car and help him sell it? Hmm....  :dunno:

Paying either $20k or 50k, if that car is what you (and he) says it is, then you will have a fine deal, provided the car is complete with minimal rust issues.

Be 'shure' that you take pics, write down the whole fender tag info and post it on here.  :picture:
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006 - 08:47:39 AM »
Hey moparnut that would have been a good idea but I made the offer before I got a chance to think about it ,got alittle excited I guess,well anyway I talked to the guy today and he wants us to paint it for him and help him sell it .I havn't seen it yet so I dont know if it would bring anymore money painted or not ,and I still havn't got the vin and the fender tag numbers yet to see if everthing he is telling me is true.I'm not shure how to decode the fender tag but I'm shure someone here can. 
I know what you mean,its easy to get excited over an awesome car,I have been in that position many times.Its hard to balance your excitement and not getting too anxious so the seller knows how much you really want it.Whenever I have bought a car and was able to hide my excitement,I make the deal then and there,pay cash and call the tow truck right away to tow it home,wheather it runs or not so the seller cant have regrets after i leave.
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3