Author Topic: Im as happy as a little schoolgirl!  (Read 759 times)

Offline Killer_Mopar

Im as happy as a little schoolgirl!
« on: January 19, 2006 - 08:21:24 PM »
Over the past week I have been buying parts for my new engine....a stroked 400 (450/451) and over the last two days the parts came in. Needless to say I am more than extremely happy. I bought the whole rotating assembly.......also picked up ARP head studs, ARP main studs, and a set of MP ductile iron mains. Hoping to get the other parts I need this weekend to complete my shortblock. However, I have run into a brick wall....trying to figure out what cam I want :dunno: Thinking about going with the Hughes 2328 with 1.6 roller rockers because I plan on having ported heads.....any thoughts??? Aiming for 450-500 horsepower :naughty: Is that too much for a teenager? :lol: Ohh and since I know that :useless:.....Here are the pics
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006 - 08:23:04 PM by Killer_Mopar »
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Im as happy as a little schoolgirl!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006 - 08:22:55 PM »

Oh Yeah!!!  :bananasmi :ylsuper: That should fill the inside of her belly!  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006 - 09:36:33 PM »
 That's going to be a fun Motor. Who did you buy the kit from?
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006 - 10:05:34 PM »
Who did you buy the kit from?

Was planning on buying it from Mancini or 440source, but at the last minute I found a kit on eBay from speedomotive. The kit brought KB pistons, a forged crankshaft, shotpeened and resized rods with ARP bolts, clevite bearings and moly rings. I wasnt planning on running nitrous or anything radical, so it really appealed to me. Plus, it was cheaper and already came with the rods prehung and internally balanced...couldnt ask for more. Going to buy everything else from 440source and Mancini this weekend. Then its off to the machine shop, where the real fun begins. In the meantime I will just have to stash all the parts with the collection that is already amassing in my closet.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006 - 07:16:06 AM »
Oooooh....shiny objects!!!  Looking good Killer. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!