Author Topic: Look what followed me home from the dodge dealer.  (Read 3315 times)

Offline hemi71

• Resident
Look what followed me home from the dodge dealer.
« on: January 21, 2006 - 09:21:23 PM »
I got this Charger R/T for ther weekend, the local Dodge dealer is tempting me with it.

Runs pretty good, and these cars are growing on me. I think it looks good in black.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006 - 10:05:03 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: Look what followed me home from the dodge dealer.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006 - 09:53:17 PM »
Interesting hoodscoop.

Yes, black is their best color.

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006 - 09:55:08 PM »
See if they will let you test drive an SRT8 for the weekend, I have a feeling that will grow on you even more. I got in a Charger at the car show and was surprised at how much room they have, its definatly a nice car.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006 - 10:15:10 PM »

It has grown on me too.  :thumbsup:
I think if they were sold down here, if the price was right I'd jump on it for a daily driver.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline dimples

• (dodgetkboy78)
    • American car and truck forums
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006 - 11:08:04 PM »
How bad is it "tempting" you? :droolingbounce:

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006 - 05:14:05 AM »
Hee hee I got followed home by a Magnum last year, and it was so nice and cuddly that I decided to let it stay for a while...  Then one day it bit me!  Freakin' thing was a lemon, it turns out, or at least lemon-flavored...  Alarm system went koo-koo and wouldn't stop, steering wheel controls stopped working, weird voodoo stuff.

The shop had it for five weeks, and still couldn't get it right.  So, DCX (through their lemon arbitrator, ISG) gave me ALL, yes that's right, ALL of my money back, ten months after I got the car. 

So the SRT8 Magnum that replaces the lemon RT should be here this week.  If DCX hadn't been this supportive of a die-hard customer, I'd be driving an 05 Mustwang right now and hanging out on Phord Phorums.

But back to the car.... IT ROCKS.  I loved the Magnum (Charger is basically the same car), and the SRT version is a more hoo-hahs per mile, for sure.  I would buy it again in a second.  Wait, come to think of it, that's what I am doing! 
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006 - 08:12:29 AM »
That's not a Charger. It's Chagnum. Get it right. Other than that its a nice car for what it is.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006 - 08:14:29 AM by dakotavert4x4 »

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006 - 10:40:09 AM »
Let us know what you decide to do Larry!

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006 - 10:41:01 AM »
That's not a Charger. It's Chagnum. Get it right. Other than that its a nice car for what it is.

Lighten up there. It says Charger on the trunk lid, and since DC has the right to that name...it's a Charger.  Fact is that car will outrun 80% of the "original" chargers still on the road, and if it was an SRT-8, it would be faster than probably 90% of those chargers. I'd say it lives up to the Charger R/T badge on the deck lid. All the crying about how it taints the name Charger is BS, remember the charger name on the FWD cars of the 80's? I'd say it's quite an upgrade from those cars. You need to get over it, it's a CHARGER.

It's just a name, I find it amusing that so many mopar people can't get past the name of the car. It's a rear wheel drive, V-8 powered Mopar that's not a truck. It will more than likely lead to the new challenger, and still all some people can do is whine about the name. The fact that it has 4 doors is the only reason I have it for the weekend, we need a 4 door car for our 2 kids and a 2 door would be out of the question. While I've had this car this weekend, getting quite a few thumbs up from people, which I admit is a surprise to me. The styling is something that has grown on me...I initially disliked it, but as I've seen more of them, I'm beginning to like them.

Dont really think we'll buy this car, just not the right time, and our 2000 Intrepid R/T is still going strong at 98K miles, but I've been impressed with it's performance for a family car. Now if the dealer will give me a killer deal on it....maybe we'll keep it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006 - 10:05:36 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006 - 11:04:16 AM »
Lighten up there. It says Charger on the trunk lid, and since DC has the right to that name...it's a Charger.  Fact is that car will outrun 80% of the "original" chargers still on the road, and if it was an SRT-8, it would be faster than probably 90% of those chargers. I'd say it lives up to the Charger R/T badge on the deck lid. All the crying about how it taints the name Charger is BS, remember the charger name on the FWD cars of the 80's? I'd say it's quite an upgrade from those cars. You need to get over it, it's a CHARGER.

It's just a name, I find it amusing that so many mopar people can't get past the name of the car. It's a rear wheel drive, V-8 powered Mopar that's not a truck. It will more than likely lead to the new challenger, and still all some people can do is whine about the name. The fact that it has 4 doors is the only reason I have it for the weekend, we need a 4 door car for our 2 kids and a 2 door would be out of the question. While I've had this car this weekend, getting quite a few thumbs up from people, which I admit is a surprise to me. The styling is something that has grown on me...I initially disliked it, but as I've seen more of them, I'm beginning to like them.

Well said, I have felt the same way about them since day one. I love how people cant get over the name even though the SRT8 Chargers are running 12s in stock form. I've never seen any of the so called "real" Chargers do that in stock form. In fact the only department that a "real" charger beats a new charger in is top speed....and thats only for the Daytona.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006 - 11:32:43 AM »
my condolences , you could drop it off at th eshelter & have it euthanized !!
 it actually is a decent car just poorly named with not even a slight resemblence to a Charger + we already had the identical 300 available so why build 2 or make it 3 identical cars now that the Imperial is back as well
 I f I was buying a car at all ,which I really have no use for , it will be a 2 dr with rwd & a manual tranny ONLY

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

cudahob

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006 - 11:58:27 AM »
Nice Magnum  :thumbsup:

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006 - 12:09:44 PM »
I have a black vehicle myself, but.....if I was getting a Charger, I would go nostalgic and get the R/ :ylsuper:T Daytona in orange or yellow.

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006 - 12:18:05 PM »
Lighten up there. It says Charger on the trunk lid, and since DC has the right to that name...it's a Charger.  Fact is that car will outrun 80% of the "original" chargers still on the road, and if it was an SRT-8, it would be faster than probably 90% of those chargers. I'd say it lives up to the Charger R/T badge on the deck lid. All the crying about how it taints the name Charger is BS, remember the charger name on the FWD cars of the 80's? I'd say it's quite an upgrade from those cars. You need to get over it, it's a CHARGER.

1960-70's technology VS. 2000+ technology?? It better be going faster than the older ones, otherwise we would need to give up as we wouldn't be progressing! As for the name, I am thankful that DC didn't call it the Road Runner or the Cuda....Plymouth is dead in the eyes of DC and to resurrect a icon such as those would be blasphemy! Charger sounds good to me....JMO!
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006 - 02:11:31 PM »
hemi71 you make a valid point however, even the 80s Chargers while FWD were two door cars. Even the Cordoba Chargers were two door cars. The point of the matter being a Charger was never a four door car until now. Even then while its a RWD 4 door V8 Mopar it doesn't have much anything that resembles any gen Charger which is the biggest kicker. Call me old school. I like the 99 Concept Better styling wise and its fits in line. To me it was a more muscular car even with 4 doors. That's why a lot of people are disappointed in this car is more for the styling. It's not that we hate the car entirely but, the fact that they didn't do anything retro for the most part and when people hear Charger they think of 2nd Gen Chargers.
Anyways, don't take my post as a flame just as someone who is disappointed in the car because I had my hopes of buying one eventually but, not with the design. The design IMO is too bland. I myself will take a Magnum Wagon or a 300C. On another note, its good that Charger came out and shown Trevor Creed that most of us still love retro designs which the only reason right now why we have the Challenger Concept besides the fact of the Mustang having decent sales. Alright I'm done. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006 - 02:14:42 PM by dakotavert4x4 »