PINKS!!!

Author Topic: PINKS!!!  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Blackcuda

Re: PINKS!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006 - 07:13:23 AM »
Speed channel is trying to hard to be like Discovery Channel's American Chopper. I watched about five minutes of Texas Hardtails, and was wondering who came up with this cr@p. :eek4:

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006 - 09:12:23 AM »
Has any one saw the Pinks with the white Monte Carlo?couldnt tell you what year lol,but it's putting down about 1200 horses to the pavement,i kinda like it too  :bricks1:

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006 - 09:53:42 AM »
Has any one saw the Pinks with the white Monte Carlo?couldnt tell you what year lol,but it's putting down about 1200 horses to the pavement,i kinda like it too  :bricks1:
Yes, I seen it. That was a good show. It's funny, did anyone notice the goofy music they play when someone loses there car. :crying:

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006 - 10:02:21 AM »
I think that show is GREAT!! ..No matter the car.
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006 - 10:58:55 AM »
The best guy was the dude who wouldn't take lengths.  He was the biggest man and the only non-weasel I've seen on there!  Took his loss with dignity, and I bet he's almost done building a faster car by now!  Most of the dudes are so busy trying to hide the bottle in their headlight recess, or find the other guy's bottle... Bottle bottle bottle I'm sick of all those bottles.
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Oldschool

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006 - 01:35:19 PM »
Just watched the tail end of a new episode last night.  EXACTLY what I mentioned happened.  It was the 3rd and deciding race.  The dude dropped his hands and a blue Mustang just ran away from a Camaro for the win. At least 10-12 car lengths at the end of 1000 feet. Clear winner right?  Not so fast, the losers cried "foul" saying the Mustang left too soon.  To sum it up, NO WINNER was declared and they decided to call it a draw and meet again at another track around the country later this year.  They need the tree.  Nuff said!   :cooldancing:  ........Oldschool

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006 - 08:02:05 PM »
I have watched the show many times as well. I agree on the tree, might as well give us times as well. I always ask myself how fast they are  :dunno:

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006 - 08:06:32 PM »
never a happy racer, always hear that the other car was sand bagging. 
I couldn't do it for my car, Old you gonna run the beast on pinks?
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006 - 08:31:21 PM »
Texas Hardtails is meant to be a joke!  It's a real place, those are the real people.  They are making fun of themselves, and all the other "Ameerican Chopper" type shows, on purpose.  Watch it again with that in mind, and laugh yourself stupid!!  :crazy:
{oo/===\oo}

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006 - 09:25:17 PM »
I know most of us have seen the tv show PINKS!!  I am wondering if I am the only person that thinks it is done unfairly.  I can't believe that a person would give away their car on a race started by the drop of hands.  I know the show is a ratings success, and I know that both parties agree to the format, but it seems like there is a better way. I have seen more than one episode where the combatants are pi$$ed off saying the other guy left the line early.  They should use electronic starting, just like a "real" race.  That way there is no doubt about jumping the start. It's simple that way---you jump the start--you lose the race.  If the show dude wants to control the start like he does now, he still could.  Let him stand where he always stands, but with a button to press to begin the timing tree.  Also, the "spotting" of car lengths should be switched to "spotting" a time period instead. That way, both cars run exactly the same distance. Example:  after a prelimenary pass, it appears that 1 car is 1 second slower than the other, the slower car would get a 1 second head start.  Easily done by programming the starting tree.  Also, if you go faster than you say you will, you lose the race. That eliminates "sandbagging".  I know this sounds like "bracket" racing and it is, but this has been worked out over the years by racers and it has been proven to be about the fairest way to do it. The show would still be a success, and no one would give up their ride on a judgement call.  I know I would not give mine up on an argueable judgement call. Whew!  I feel better now.  Any thoughts?   :cooldancing:  ...Oldschool
:iagree:

Thats why I choose not to watch it.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006 - 09:31:12 PM »
cool show....   but its a show, drama isn't left to chance or the show could suck then no RATINGS for advertizing $.    the players are compensated for losing and all sign a confidentiality agreement to not talk about show.   the only reality t.v. is the news and weather

but again I love the show,  no tree,  never more than 3 cars,   by the way, some cars are shorter than others, who's length do they use :22yikes:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006 - 11:27:42 PM »
Just watched the tail end of a new episode last night.  EXACTLY what I mentioned happened.  It was the 3rd and deciding race.  The dude dropped his hands and a blue Mustang just ran away from a Camaro for the win. At least 10-12 car lengths at the end of 1000 feet. Clear winner right?  Not so fast, the losers cried "foul" saying the Mustang left too soon.  To sum it up, NO WINNER was declared and they decided to call it a draw and meet again at another track around the country later this year.  They need the tree.  Nuff said!   :cooldancing:  ........Oldschool
Yep I saw that too, they said that about the Mustang on one of the other races too. The guy didn't have a line lock and was just loading up the converter. If there would of been a tree I bet it wouldn't of triggered a red light. The Camaro driver froze at the light and got his doors blown off and should of lost his car.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Oldschool

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006 - 09:57:32 AM »
Yep I saw that too, they said that about the Mustang on one of the other races too. The guy didn't have a line lock and was just loading up the converter. If there would of been a tree I bet it wouldn't of triggered a red light. The Camaro driver froze at the light and got his doors blown off and should of lost his car.

:iagree:  Even "IF" the Mustang jumped the start by 1/4 second, that doesn't translate into 10-15 car lengths on the big end.  Bottom line--Camaro dude was asleep at the wheel. He should have given over his keys like a man.   :cooldancing:  .......Oldschool

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006 - 11:07:40 AM »
  :iagree:  Even "IF" the Mustang jumped the start by 1/4 second, that doesn't translate into 10-15 car lengths on the big end.  Bottom line--Camaro dude was asleep at the wheel. He should have given over his keys like a man.   :cooldancing:  .......Oldschool

For some reason the dude in the Mustang wanted to run 1000ft instead of 1320, that right there IMO should have not been given. You run a full 1/4 mile or don't run at all.
The dude in the Camaro on the last race was a sleep, but it appeared from one angle that the Mustang did leave early, and had no preload problem on the other races.
Just my 2 cents.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006 - 03:58:32 PM »
The majority of who wins the race is decided by who can cry, whine, and BS the most. All this crap about car lengths and fouls. Use the tree and all this drama would be over, but then thats what they want the show to be about.

Just a whole load of BS IMO.

[attachment deleted by admin]