Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 4319 times)

Offline highspeeddirt

Re: What should I do?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006 - 09:23:34 AM »
Well, finally got a hold of the guy.  He said he still hasn't decided what he wants for it.  That he know the old car don't amount to much but he don't want to give it away either.  :swear: He's known for not ever getting rid of anything. He said he would let me know when he decided.  He'll probably let it sit there and rot, or want 5 grand for it. He isn't ever going to do anything with it!  He SHOULD give it away!  :swear:

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006 - 10:06:53 PM »
Unless you got a ton of cash.......... :faint:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006 - 05:56:21 AM »
That car is very salvagable.  I have done worse.  The rockers and roof look good.  Even the cowl doesn't seem bad.  I would be interested in the car.  I have the parts to put it back together.  Let me know if the car is available as a whole.  Thanks.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006 - 08:45:47 AM »
That car is very salvagable.  I have done worse.  The rockers and roof look good.  Even the cowl doesn't seem bad.  I would be interested in the car.  I have the parts to put it back together.  Let me know if the car is available as a whole.  Thanks.

Well, finally got a hold of the guy.  He said he still hasn't decided what he wants for it.  That he know the old car don't amount to much but he don't want to give it away either.  :swear: He's known for not ever getting rid of anything. He said he would let me know when he decided.  He'll probably let it sit there and rot, or want 5 grand for it. He isn't ever going to do anything with it!  He SHOULD give it away!  :swear:

The guy still hasn't contacted me, and I'm positive he never will.  It's a shame, he has several mopars that he's gonna "fix up".  (4x4 warlock, little red, 70 roadrunner, and a few others)  I know they are just gonna sit there!  :stomp:

The roof on this one is pretty rusted around the windshield and the back window.  Pretty much all the way around.   It's been sitting on the rear frame rails for at least as long as I've known it being there (14 years)  therefore I don't know how bad they are except for the fact of my brother in-law telling me how gobbed up they are with welds from the guy who was trying to tie them together.  Wish I could help challenger6pak, but unless someone goes to this guy with a MAJOR wad of greenbacks, I don't think it's going anywhere.  From his reputation, one could get a much better project for the money they would have to pay.  If he does ever let me know something, I'll pass it on though.

:cheers: HSD

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006 - 08:42:23 PM »
I do appreciate it.  Some people are just that way.  I know of several people who are the same way where I live also. Some say they will never sell and they are telling the truth.  Like this Cuda; the cars end up so bad they have to go to scrap. Again,   thank you.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.