Going to get the 'Cuda!

Author Topic: Going to get the 'Cuda!  (Read 4689 times)

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
Re: Going to get the 'Cuda!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006 - 05:36:24 PM »
 :useless: :picture:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline 70Challey340

• I'm just Plum Crazy over mopars
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006 - 08:53:18 PM »
Hey highspeed, you back yet.  ???  Wonder how the trip went!  Post some pic's when you can.   :picture:
1970 Challenger 340

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006 - 09:25:02 PM »
Well, made it back about an hour ago, and I am beat!  :faint: 2150 miles total. I'll get some pics up tomorrow, because I think that there is a possibility that  :useless:  :lol:  Thanks for all the well wishes!

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006 - 07:21:28 AM »
well, heres a few pics.  I'll get some more up later.  That awesome sunrise was the morning I was getting the car.  Kinda gave me a positive feeling.  And the big cross was on the way home.  I was having tire issues on the trailer about the time I saw that, so it kinda gave me a positive feeling again.

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline pitbull

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006 - 07:55:52 AM »
Congrats. What part of Va were you in?

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006 - 08:02:49 AM »
Picked it up in haymarket, va   About 40 miles west off of 81.

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006 - 08:04:25 AM »
Congrats HSD!! I bet it feels good to get her home.  So what are your plans for her?  Gonna start tearing it apart?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

cudahob

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006 - 08:07:32 AM »
Glad you made it back home safe, now for the FuN!!

:woohoo: :bananasmi :ylsuper:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006 - 08:46:56 AM »
Congratulations, looks pretty nice. Christmas again in late January  :thumbsup:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

kudakidd

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006 - 10:41:48 AM »
Sure, leave us hanging! :icon16:

Oldschool

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006 - 04:04:19 PM »
That's awesome HSD!    :thumbsup:  Glad you had a safe trip.  I pulled a similar stunt in October, so I feel your pain.  1700 miles in 28 hours.  She already looks happy to be at her new home.  Keep us up to speed on the happenings with her.  A little   :working:  and you'll be   :burnout:  in no time.    :cooldancing:   ....Oldschool

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006 - 04:16:28 PM »
Congratulations, what are your planes with her? More pictures :bigsmile:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006 - 07:14:53 PM »
Well, heres a few more pics.  It's a 72 318 car.  All numbers matching, ALL original.  even down to the alternator.  The windshield, wiper motor, and steering box had been dealer changed.  I have the original wiper motor in a box. 
    The grill and some parts are still stored inside the car as you can see  (safest place for them during transport) but the interior is actually in pretty decent shape.  The worst is the dash as most are.  Not that it's gonna matter since they will be getting redone, but the seats have very very minimal tears along the seams.  Door panels are decent except for the Da*n speaker holes   :swear:
     The guy I got it from had started to tear it apart to restore, but is selling his house and decided to get rid of it. I had to put the K member and the front suspension back on to trailer it.  He had already had the engine built also.  He used the sept 2004 Mopar Muscle article on the 400 HP 318 build as a guideline.  Only he used  A little more cam, and it has 340 X heads with 2.02/1.60 Stainless valves and fully ported and polished.  (still have the original heads too) Long story short, Ended up $4000+ into the engine. 
     I got MANY new restoration parts with it.  New door sill plates, fan shroud, interior screws, clips, front valance, under dash insulation, wiring, some hoses, trunk jack decals, body plug kit, door and ingnition lock set, and much more!
     The body is very workable.  Of course it needs quarters, there is some spots where the battery sat and ate it out, (got an extra inner front clip) and there are acouple small spots on the firewall. There are a few spots here and there.  I know I will find much more when it gets blasted.  The drivers floor pan has a thin spot so I'll definately be replacing that.  The passenger side is actually pretty solid, but if I'm doing the drivers side, I might as well do it all.
     I also, got a lot of documentation!  :biggrin: The original window sticker (2 pages), The build sheet in great condition, The original glove box pouch the car came with, it even had the original checklist the dealer did on it dated Oct 1, 1971.
    I'm looking foward to getting started on it, but it's gonna be a very slow process for me.  I work a lot and don't have a lot of spare time.  When I do, I like to spend some time with the wife and my four daughters.  I'm anxious to see it done, but I'm also not wanting to rush it if ya'll know what I mean.   I'm know I'll have a million questions as I go along, but the short time that I've been here on this forum, I've learned that I'm at the right place with some of the friendliest, and most knowledgable folks around, to get the answers.
     Thanks for all the warm congrats, and I'll keep everyone up to date on pics as I go along!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006 - 07:20:30 PM by highspeeddirt »

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006 - 07:23:40 PM »
Oh yeah, the car was originally black on black, and will be again!  And sorry about the pics being so large, I resized, just not enough.  I'll know next time. :thumbsup:
                   HSD

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006 - 07:23:54 PM »
dang thats awsome love all the paper work too!! looks like a very very soild car!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!