Author Topic: Stockton Wheel - poor prduct, service...Specialty Wheel - good on both  (Read 2060 times)

Offline billboardlover

I just wanted to warn all of you about Stockton Wheel.  My experience with them has been horendous.  I ordered 2 71 Rallye Wheel center caps from them for wheels I already had from Specialty Wheel.  A simple thing, right?  I even called them first to make sure their center caps did not have big gold glitter flakes in them like the ones I got 3 !!! times from Wheel Vintiques (stay away from them also).  They said no of course not.

Well, Stockton Wheel sent me 2 Wheel Vintiques center caps with the gold glitter.  They actually sent the caps in the wheel vintiques box even.  They just cut out the Wheel Vintiques info and put a blank sticker over it.  Yes, they shipped me their competitors product still in the competitors box. 

When I called them on it to return them they acted surprised and finally embarassed but told me I should pay shipping back.  After a lot of argument, they finally agreed to send a UPS call tag for it to be picked up.  Well, in the past month, they have promised me this 3 more times and promised they would mail me a label one another occasion.  Guess what?  The box has been sitting on my front porch for the entire time.  They have done nothing. 

I was very nice and cordial until today.  After making them talk to me and pay attention, I, informed them that I would be disputing the charge.

Anyway, watch out....Stockton and Wheel Vintiques (via Coker Tire - another bad experience in itself and/or Summit) has lower prices sometimes, but...

Now....take a look at the great looking product I finally rec'd from......Specialty Wheel.......... they get my budsiness from now on.

Bad experience:

Stockton Wheel
Coker Tire
Wheel Vintiques

Good Experience:

Specialty Wheel
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 - 09:24:14 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Stockton Wheel - poor prduct, service...Specialty Wheel - good on both
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006 - 04:16:29 PM »
Welcome to cc.com!  Thats a sweet looking car you have there!!   :drool:  :drool:  :drool:    Sounds like a bum deal with the wheel situation . . . glad it worked out in the end!!  Hope you enjoy the site!   :cheers:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006 - 04:17:12 PM »

OK, OK, sorry to be rude but who gives a crap about Stockton.......
SHOW US YA RIDE!!!!!!!  :eek7: :bananasmi :drool: :ylsuper:

Seriously...I had trouble with them too, I ended up going through Jegs and getting what I wanted within a week.
Love your ride mate, WHITE...oh yeah! lol  :lol: Post some photos and perhaps a little about yourself.

Cheers,
NZ440R/T
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006 - 04:39:01 PM »
I ordered a set of custom 15 inch ralllyes from stockton and they forgot to drill the valve stem holes! They did take care of the problem with no hassles, so i cant complain.  I usually buy a set of decent rallye center cap and refinish them myself...the caps on my 70 i have now were restored by me and they came out nice.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 - 09:25:52 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006 - 05:34:46 PM »
OK, I ordered a set of 15X7 Rally's from Jegs, that ultimately came from Wheel Vintiques. No problem there. I did order a set of 14" Rally wheel trim rings from Stockton that were total crapola.  :swear: A total generic POS, that was probably meant for a Chebby. OK, I'm done venting.  :lol2:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006 - 11:28:42 PM »
Sorry about the bad deal with stockton. Any way welcome to the site and your Cuda looks great. I bought my last set of center caps at Mopar Nationals so I could see what I was buying right there. Give us some information about your Mopar.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 - 09:26:09 PM by Rev-It-Up »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

cudahob

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006 - 07:20:05 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, but like everyone, we want to see more of your beautiful Cuda.

Welcome  :wave: