YearOne

Author Topic: YearOne  (Read 5341 times)

Offline zerfetzen

• 'Cuda, should'a, would'a...you lost.
YearOne
« on: February 01, 2006 - 11:08:29 AM »
What do you think of YearOne for parts?

I considered making this a poll, but would rather have recommendations from people on what to get and what to avoid, rather than number ratings.  If you use other websites to get parts, please post a link to them.  For example, I saw www.harmsauto.com mentioned recently for their superb pistol grip auto shifters.  Go nuts here!  Thanks.

qluber1

Re: YearOne
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006 - 01:17:46 PM »
zerfetzen
I have restored 3 cars over the past 2 1/2 years. 2 1968 Road Runners and 1 1971 Challenger. I am a resident of Georgia and have visited Year One's facility on a bi-weekly basis over this time period.
Convenience more than anything is the cause of these frequent visits. Year One's on hand inventory, service and most of all pricing is mediocre at best. I will give my opinion of some other vendors that I have had experieces with.
Lengendary Auto Interiors- good service, decent pricing, sometimes slow with odd colored items not in stock. Overall good.
RPM Restorations- They carry window felts, hood pads, various other hard to get items. Service is excellent. I know these guys personally and Randy and Richard are as knowledgeable and willing to help as they come.
Goodmark Industries- Another Georgia based company I have visited numerous times. They carry metal parts such as fenders quarter panel etc.. Service is excellent, usually things are in stock. Quality is middle of the road at BEST!
Jims Auto- Online catalog pricing is a joke. Order a piece of trim for $100 bill gets there its $200 call to complain ...answer: too bad.
Mitchell Motor Parts- Another Ga. based guy with tons and I mean tons of N.O.S. stuff. What can is say NOS IS NOS. Pricey as hell. If you need it chances are he has it, if you have deep enough pockets you can have it.
Totally Auto- Trim paints and such. Service good, quality good.
Stephens Performance- Alabama junk yard--NO COMMENT
Hope this helps a little................JUST MY  :2cents:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006 - 09:45:17 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006 - 02:43:17 PM »
HEY qluber1,
I am in NE Ga also...have you got contact info For Mitchell? I may need to bend over and buy some NOS stuff.

Thanks,
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006 - 03:08:50 PM »
I've done a lot of resto work over the years, and bought a LOT of NOS, used, and repo parts.

I agree with most of Gluber1 has to say, and I'll add:

Year One .....Pricing is High, service is pretty good (mail order), and the shipping costs have gotten OUTRAGEOUS!

Totally Auto .....Good quality paints, but the nozzles on the cans SUCK, they instantly clog, and the new ones they send you clog just as fast. Just pull a nozzle off another make of paint can and it's Good to go.

Legendary Interiors ....best repo interior stuff out there, good service. Stay away from the repo e- body interior door panels, have not seen a decent set of repo panels yet, if you want then to appear original. And i mean from ANY source.

Jack's Auto parts .... good prices, service good....a little short on the phone, but thats OK.

Frank Mitchell (AKA Mitchells auto parts)   NOS is pricey (no surprise) but Ive had several good experiences with him thru e-bay. Decent prices and fast service thru e-bay in my experiences.  I have heard some bad experiences with him from others though?

Here's a guy probably most of you have never heard of... Paul Slater from Minnesota...he sells in Hemmings...used parts. Very honest guy, accurate descriptions, and he'll keep an eye out for you for a hard to find part, and prices are very reasonable. He used to part out quite a bit of cars.

I've been having pretty good luck thru e-bay recently....be careful there, you can pay way over market for parts there, or get a good deal. Just know what the part is worth, and dont get crazy in a bidding war.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006 - 03:12:59 PM »
Most, if not all, of the stuff from Year One can be had elsewhere, usually for less money.

I have used:

www.autospecialt.com
www.uscartool.com
www.restorick.com

All with excellent results!!!!

I've met and really like the folks from MoPaints! They are great!

I hear that Dante's and Harm's are good.

I hear to stay away from Layson's and Jim's.

Remember, MOST of the common stuff out there (sheetmetal, suspension stuff, etc.) all come from the same place. It's just a matter of price.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006 - 06:36:07 PM »

For international buyers Year One can't be beat.
Safe shipping, fast (3-6 days) door-to-door and their email and phone manner is 5 star.

Prices, yeah some of their products are a little high but you pay for peace of mind knowing your parts are safe, well packed and delivered quickly. I've spoken to plenty of international guys and all agree that YO is the best.

Many other places I've used but I can't be bothered there at that many....lol

Check out my site (main page) for some links: www.nz440rt.com

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006 - 06:57:32 PM »
I have restored 4 cars in the last 14 years. Year One has some very good products. The prices are a bit higher than the rest but stock and shipping are usually better and faster. Although I have to agree their shipping rates are very high. Jack's Auto has some of the best prices but becareful what you buy. There are alot of cheap over seas repro parts being sold and they just don't hold up. Mitchel's have just about anything you need but bring two jars of vasoline because one is not going to be enough. I have also had good luck with Laysons and Hoffman's. Legendary is the best place to get interior parts period....I have nothing good to say about Totally Auto so I won't say nothing !!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck
JS27
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006 - 11:02:15 AM by Rev-It-Up »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006 - 07:20:52 PM »
This is a very good thread, should be a sticky.

Just wanted to add, and this is from an International point of view..

Tony's Parts. Great guy to deal with, got a complete rallye dash cluster for less than they were going for on e-bay at the time. Paypal is a plus when you are international.

Mancini Racing. Fast, and easy to deal with, they did have some problems with my Visa and ended up charging me 500 dollars 2 much! Sendt them an e-mail about their mistake, no problems, fixed it right away. Accidants do happen.  :thumbsup: No hard feelings, I'll soon order from them again.

Jim's Auto Parts. Shipping rates are atmospheric, and you do not get to know what they charge you until the bill is in your hand. :hyper:

Summit Racing. Great place to get parts for the international buyer. FAST. My brother once got a Air-Gap manifold in 3 days! That is much faster that you could send the package inside Norway. They even send theire new catalog around the globe every month.

And last, just echo NZ440R/T. Year One is great for the guy overseas.
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006 - 08:03:49 PM »
Got in the mail today YEAR ONE 20% DISCOUNT CODE

"COLD6 "   expires Wed Feb 15 2006  sale starts this Monday....some items will be exempt
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006 - 08:05:48 PM by scf100 »
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006 - 08:23:45 PM »
Will I be disappointed if I buy an AAR hood from yearone?
Has anyone gotten one from them?

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006 - 08:30:33 PM »
I pretty much stay away from Year One. Prices can be competative but their shipping costs are out of range. Most parts are available elsewhere.

For used parts I have bought from Texas Acres Web based. Size of order doesn't matter they will ship anything it seems. Mopar City has been another good source. They don't have an email. Their number is 815-732-7751.

For a lot of small to medium parts in the repop category I have used R/T Specialties. Thomas has been great to deal with.

These are my picks and pans.
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006 - 08:40:58 PM »
Will I be disappointed if I buy an AAR hood from yearone?
Has anyone gotten one from them?
I got my AAR hood from Year One. Looks good. Can take some pics of it if you want. I'm happy with it, but I haven't installed it yet.
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline matt63

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006 - 10:01:23 PM »
I've posted before about YO - nothing negative except that if you source the parts direct you can save money.  Everything I have bought from them has been good quality which is more than I can say about some other vendors.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006 - 03:59:37 AM »
Those AAR hoods come out of Eagle PA, if you can piock them up, you could save a good piece of $$ on shipping. I believe "First Place Auto Products" is the manufacturer. I can get you a # if you'd like.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 41husk

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006 - 09:45:28 AM »
There is a guy named Jeff over on dodgecharger.com who sells interior stuff grom legendary at a great price A-1 canvas.  I purchased my Challenger interior from him.  I got my Charger interior from Dantes and was very happy with the service but Jeff beat everyones prices and had free shipping.
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Clone 440/727
1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible 340/727
1977 Dodge D-700 Car Hauler 361/5spd
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1/auto