YearOne

Author Topic: YearOne  (Read 5339 times)

Offline 73cuda426

Re: YearOne
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006 - 10:19:50 AM »
I got my AAR hood from Year One. Looks good. Can take some pics of it if you want. I'm happy with it, but I haven't installed it yet.
How long did it take to get?
Can you post pics please?
Have you tried fit at all?

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006 - 04:19:41 PM »
It took a very long time to get it, but that is not Year One's fault. I live in norway, and it was shipped out to Calefornia Shipping. Long story short the hood ended up in Sweden.. so alot of time on the phone to get it home. I have tried it on, fits nice. Didn't take so many pictures with it on the car, but I can take more pics of it if you want (but not on the car).
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006 - 04:23:57 PM »
Great news!!!    :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline widing'cuda

• 70 'cuda383 - BS23N0E
    • w i d i n g ' c u d a
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006 - 04:42:14 PM »
It took a very long time to get it, but that is not Year One's fault. I live in norway, and it was shipped out to Calefornia Shipping. Long story short the hood ended up in Sweden.. so alot of time on the phone to get it home. I have tried it on, fits nice. Didn't take so many pictures with it on the car, but I can take more pics of it if you want (but not on the car).

damn that looks cool

[norwegain]
Hva kosta det i porto å få det til norge da?
[norwegain/ end]

- Jørgen - Norwegian Mopar fanatic

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 383 A833 8-3/4 3.23 suregrip
http://cuda.widing.biz/

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006 - 04:46:45 PM »
You got a PM!

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006 - 04:50:43 PM »
I personally like Yearone, even though sometimes they are overpriced. I usually make a list out of all the newly discovered parts I need and wait for a 10%/20% coupon to come in the mail. Another nice thing about Yearone is that they have a great online catalog that makes ordering simpler. I also havn't had any problems with the Paddock and would recommend them as much as Yearone. I also recommend this guy www.musclecarparts.cc because he usually has good prices. Other than those places, most of my parts came from individuals on eBay.

If you need engine parts, then Mancini would be at the top of my list. I also recommend Summit Racing and 440source (if you have a big block). Mancini ships quickly, doesnt gouge shipping prices, and I have nothing bad to say about them. Summit Racing doesnt have a wide selection of Mopar parts, but what they do carry is usually the cheapest around. As for 440source, the only thing I have to say bad about them is the lack of ordering parts online. I have also dealt with Jegs and havn't had any problems with them. I don recommend them as much because you can get everything they sell from Summit Racing for cheaper usually. Another reason I dont recommend them is because I had a friend that had a very bad experience with them.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Harkonnen

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006 - 04:57:55 PM »

Looks real nice. ( Doesn't hoodsprings screw up aar hoods ? )

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006 - 05:13:51 PM »
You'll need AAR hood springs.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006 - 11:19:54 PM »
I have used many different suppliers and I have to say I don't buy much from Year One anymore because of the price and the inflated shipping costs. I also use the Paddock and they are good. I have bought many items from Harden's Muscle Car World and they have saved me alot of money on weather strip items as they seem to beat everybody's price. For factory replacement exhaust I have found that Accurate exhaust is the only way to go as the pipes and mufflers fit perfect. As far as fastners go R/T Specialties supplies everyone and he will be cheaper with hardware that is very hard to find and is correct with original markings. Legendary seems to have the best quality interior products. I have also bought rear spolier kits from First Place auto products and they have the best there is and are great to deal with. They know the products and offer great advice. I have also bought many items off ebay but you need to know what you are bidding on.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline sbird426

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006 - 03:14:48 PM »
They're a drive away for me so shipping is not an issue.  Prices for what I've purchased have been reasonable.  Service has been excellent.  Advice offered when asked.  Always enjoyed dealing with them. 

I've restored 4 or 5 cars, most of them with Year One parts.
Dave Booker

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006 - 03:19:13 PM »
I don't understand the complaining about shipping costs.  I just bought six harnesses from YO including two dash harnesses and the shipping was $12.00.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006 - 05:04:35 PM »

I get good shipping rates too, a small box say 1ftx1ft costs me about $35.00 for door to door express shipping in 4-7 days to New Zealand. Can't say it enough but you guys sure don't know how lucky you are!!!!!!  :grinno:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60