Author Topic: Rotisserie help  (Read 5212 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Rotisserie help
« on: February 01, 2006 - 12:43:48 PM »
Who makes the best rotisserie?  I was going to make one, but right now I just want to get started on the vehicle and time is getting harder to find.

Is the Eastwood "Auto Twirler Restoration Rotisserie Plus" worth the $1,099?   Has anyone used it or seen it up close?

Thanks

~Cody
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
Re: Rotisserie help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006 - 01:12:52 PM »
Check out John's rotisserie at US Car Tool. www.uscartool.com

I don't own one of his so I can't say I've used one. I believe that my friend at the blast shop has one of these. Whatever you get, make sure to get one with large wheels!

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006 - 02:45:10 PM »
I bought mine from this guy:  http://www.autotwirler.com
After seeing that Eastwood is selling one that looks very similar and under the same name, I would say they are working together now.
Anyway, his rotisserie is very solid.  I have had comments about it from people who have seen many of them, saying "it was one of the best built" they have seen.  I bought his "light" version without the jacks.

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006 - 03:16:40 PM »
Get a good one then after you are done  Rent it out, you get your Money back from it :clapping:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006 - 04:11:06 PM »
It looks like the same one... so I called and they said they just started working with Eastwood.  I bought the Plus model from the manufacture.  I'll let you know what I think once it gets here.  My final cost was $1,345 shipped with the pieces to mount up to the rear leaf spring mounts.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I bought mine from this guy:  http://www.autotwirler.com
After seeing that Eastwood is selling one that looks very similar and under the same name, I would say they are working together now.
Anyway, his rotisserie is very solid.  I have had comments about it from people who have seen many of them, saying "it was one of the best built" they have seen.  I bought his "light" version without the jacks.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline ISSUES

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006 - 04:34:06 PM »
I just built one this week.  3" and 2-1/" 3/16 wall tubing on most of it.  10" 530lb tires, and hydraulic lifts cost $530 and took 20 hours.   Hoping to have the car mounted on it tonight.   I built one from plans that most people see on the web for my last car, and wasn't impressed with it's stability.

Offline lemurfart

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006 - 06:02:43 PM »
that thing is nice looking, i hope to get my car on one by the end of the year.
2008 Ducati 1098 - Flat Black :)

1972 Dodge Challenger 340-4-4speed pistol

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006 - 07:09:54 PM »
 :thumbsup: VERY NIIIICE!

Offline Mt.St.BigBlock

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006 - 07:50:06 PM »
:thumbsup: VERY NIIIICE!
                                 :iagree:

What tool did you use for those nice miter cuts on the square tubing?? Very
professional looking for 20 hours of work!!  Jeff
71 cuda 383 3spd manual gy9

Offline ISSUES

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006 - 09:39:47 PM »
Thanks guys :)    Jeff, I just used a chop saw from Home Depot (Rigid)  I bought it a year ago for about $80.  I set the fence to 22-1/2 deg so the angles come out to 45.   The last one I built had those lower pieces going straight across the tops of the wheels which put the car another 8" in the air.   I like the larger wheels because my floor is old and has large cracks, and my driveway is gravel.    Plus, I can't imagine trying to put it on a trailer with those little 4" wheels I see them being sold with.  I went thru 2 1/2 blades to cut the steel.   Just came in from getting the car up in the air.  It worked out slick.   I had to modify the connections at the back to mount to the bumper mounting locations.   I found this thread while searching to see how others had made those mounts.  -Doug

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006 - 09:42:44 PM by ISSUES »

Offline Bueller1

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006 - 08:15:16 AM »
I keep thinking about buying this kit to build a rotisserie off of.It looks like it gives you a good base to start with,and still be able to not have to spend +$1000.Hope it helps!
http://www.magnumhp.com/tools.php
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Offline Cranker

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006 - 08:31:43 AM »
WOW!!!  I have looked at alotta professional ones as well as diyer's and that is by far one of the nicest i have seen.  I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the jacks and also what the overall height from the floor to the top of the car when the car is on its side like in the second pic.

Thanks Tom
72 rally chllenger completly disassembled. Estimated time of restomod 2016!!

Offline Bueller1

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006 - 08:54:07 AM »
 :stomp:I can't see the pictures here at work!I'll have to check at home later. :banghead:

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006 - 09:05:29 AM »
Thanks guys :)    Jeff, I just used a chop saw from Home Depot (Rigid)  I bought it a year ago for about $80.  I set the fence to 22-1/2 deg so the angles come out to 45.   The last one I built had those lower pieces going straight across the tops of the wheels which put the car another 8" in the air.   I like the larger wheels because my floor is old and has large cracks, and my driveway is gravel.    Plus, I can't imagine trying to put it on a trailer with those little 4" wheels I see them being sold with.  I went thru 2 1/2 blades to cut the steel.   Just came in from getting the car up in the air.  It worked out slick.   I had to modify the connections at the back to mount to the bumper mounting locations.   I found this thread while searching to see how others had made those mounts.  -Doug

WHere did you get the plans for yours?
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline lemurfart

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006 - 10:15:08 AM »
looks even better with a car on it
2008 Ducati 1098 - Flat Black :)

1972 Dodge Challenger 340-4-4speed pistol