Mice!

Author Topic: Mice!  (Read 3888 times)

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
Mice!
« on: February 04, 2006 - 08:33:20 AM »
Well as once put very well by a famous one most of the older folks around here would know............... "I hate them Mices to pieces"
Up to now moth balls seemed to do the trick, but not this year, maybe cause of the warm weather? anyway, droppings everywhere, even right next to a moth ball, I found a nest behind the glove box & cleaned it out, put almost a whole box in & around the car, I won't be able to get in, but not sure if it will drive them out :dunno: Wiring is fracked enough by humans, don't need the mice chewing it up worse!
Any home remedies, Sci Fi solutions, Hi tech thingamajigs, well you get the idea!  :1zhelp: Rich.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006 - 08:35:36 AM by RUSTY Cuda »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Mice!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006 - 08:42:24 AM »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline crcarch

• Happiness is having the time and the money!
  • "No, it's not a Charger!"
    • A little history and restoration pics on Cardomain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006 - 09:13:03 AM »
I had over $1000 damage done by a pair of rats one winter in my own garage. :'( These worked for me......
00/===\00 73 Challenger 440-4V/AT  8/--+--\8 09 Ram 1500  0o\==/o0 05 Crossfire Roadster OO(#####SRT)OO 10 Challenger

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006 - 10:04:26 AM »
I am such a girl when it comes to mice!!  eeeeks!  My personal solution..... Redline!! 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006 - 02:56:37 PM »
An eariler thread here recommended dryer softener sheets and I beleive it was Irish Spring soap peeled like with a patato peeler and spread around. Cats can cause more damage to paint (claws) than a mouse to wiring I'd think, just check out the wiring if you suppect "mice visits" before starting, don't want any electical shorts and consequent fires.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006 - 12:29:10 AM »
I have always used charcoal. Just buy the cheap stuff and lay it out under the car. Great for soaking up moisture to!!
It lasts me 2 seasons up here. When it starts getting grey (like when you burn it) thats the moisture its collected . Sweep it up buy some new. The old kill 2 birds with 1 st :bigsmile:one
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006 - 02:03:02 AM »
I had over $1000 damage done by a pair of rats one winter in my own garage. :'( These worked for me......

How did mice do that???? Anyhow, a regular mouse trap with peanut butter or salami on it always seems to do the trick. If you have a sand blaster, leave it open. I found out earler this year that mice apperantly love to jump into a sand blaster....too bad they cant get out. I noticed my blaster was clogged and when I went to clean it I found 5-6 dead mice in it. Was shocked to say the least.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006 - 09:25:25 AM »
Guess I'll start with the bounce sheets(got em here) maybe check out the sonic thingies for next season, shoulda took not when a neighborhood cat was hangin around the car, but he was visiting my yard before I had the cars there, must set up something good, it's almost time to start putting insulation & wiring in the 73, don't want em playing with that! Rich.

Offline mikey1

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006 - 07:09:18 PM »
" Any home remedies, Sci Fi solutions, Hi tech thingamajigs, well you get the idea! " 

Maybe a dead one left as a warning?
 Just kidding! :bigsmile:
I heard mothballs also.
 :cheers:
Mike
Schist happens to Gneiss people

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006 - 09:45:52 PM »
a couple of my friends say to use those pine tree car air fresheners. put about a half dozen in and it keeps them out, or so they say. never had a car to try any of these on asnd my car is soooo far from needing to try anything that there is no point in my trying anything. no floors= no mice lol
70 Barracuda

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006 - 11:33:35 PM »
If kept in a garage plug any suspect holes with steel wool. Mice aren't suppose to chew that stuff so I'm told. Just my  :2cents:
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006 - 04:33:45 AM »
I had problem in my garage and in my house, but after getting Kissen in the house they vanished :bigsmile:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006 - 05:04:09 AM »
 I do to, so that is why I use a Trap with peanut butter on it , But those little bugger are getting smarter

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006 - 07:57:30 AM »
A sonic repeller fell in my lap, was checkin up on charger man & mentioned the prob & he procedes to hand me one he just bought, says tell me if it works! COOL! What a guy!  :clapping:
I don't "own" a cat but have 2 that frequent my yard, must be too fat to catch any mice though cause , well , their still here! :dunno:
Took notes on all the tips, will try one at a time(if the sonic thingie don't work)
The cars are outside, just behind my property is a 4 ball fields & a small wooded area, so traps would produce endless clean up, don't wanna go there, just want to keep them at bay!
Thanks, Rich.

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006 - 08:14:32 AM »
You might want to pull your seats out and check to make sure that the nest material didn't come from them.