Mice!

Author Topic: Mice!  (Read 3887 times)

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
Re: Mice!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006 - 08:17:49 AM »
Some of it did, foam from the bottom of the back seat & the insulation up under the dash, the little pile of what they dropped alerted me to the problem :stomp:! Rich.

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006 - 08:34:31 AM »
little bastards!  Don't they know how much these cars are worth?!?

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006 - 08:59:48 AM »
I always left a little dish of antifreeze in the garage. Mice seem to love the sweet taste, and kills them stone dead. Just be careful of other pets, cuz dogs like it too. !!   :thumbsup:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Old Moparz

• Larks' Tongues In Aspic
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006 - 05:22:41 PM »
I've got cats, but like others mentioned, they love climbing & jumping on cars & will scratch the paint. I have to keep the cats out of the garage, but started finding rodent droppings all over the garage & inside 2 of my cars. I bought a 3 pack of electronic pest repellers from Harbor Freight for $7.99 when I was ordering other stuff.

I figured it was a cheap way to try to keep them out. If it didn't work, it wasn't a lot of money. The droppings decreased quite a bit, but I still found them in places, so they appear to help a little, but not completely. I bought 2 boxes of the stinkiest drier sheets I could find & put them all over.

I used the entire box inside 5 cars & all over the shop. I put them behind the work bech, in corners, & where ever else I could. I did that recently, so I don't know the outcome. Drier sheets smell better than moth balls, but they do feel like they can leave a film of somekind, so be carefull where you place them. I have them in the trunk, the floors, the dash, under seats, & the car.

Now I put them inside spare parts boxes & seats in the loft after I saw more droppings. These d**n rodents are all over.
Newburgh, New York - 12550

Walking is good for you. It's documented that for every minute you exercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006 - 10:53:54 AM »
Well the sonic thing seems to have kept em out of the interior, but still droppings between tarp & car & under the hood, as i opened the hood some nut shells rolled down & out of the hood framing, so i tapped on hood & listened, little feets were on the scurry, took out the leaf blower & proceded to flush the bugger out, caught a glimpse as it dropped out one of the holes & scurried off, so dryer sheets & a bar of shaved irish spring were placed in & all around the car, got snow now so this should tell for sure if it can stand the smell, it will try & come "home" to get out of the snow!  :dunno: Rich.