I got the long awaited phone call. my new hemi block is in!

Author Topic: I got the long awaited phone call. my new hemi block is in!  (Read 752 times)

Offline real426maxwedge

I got the long awaited phone call. my new hemi block is in!
« on: February 04, 2006 - 02:23:17 PM »
 :thumbsup:

I have been waiting for 1 year for my hemi block. I have 3 on order. Today the cell phone rings and my boss is standing next to me. He is a die hard street rodder with a blown 392 hemi in a 40 dodge pick up. I look at the phone and dont recognize the number. He said you better answer that it could be your new block. Thank Goodness I answered the phone. It is my new block.    They are going to sonic test it for me and I should have it in a week to ten days. I am so hyped right now. I called the body shop and said GET BUSY     

The body man and I are real good friends and I am sure he will read this later tonight.

PS
It is a 4.25 siamese block 

Oldschool

Re: I got the long awaited phone call. my new hemi block is in!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006 - 05:10:18 PM »
Congrats!   :wow:   I know you are getting anxious now.  You are ready to   :burnout:   Patience Grasshopper.......     :cooldancing:     Oldschool

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006 - 05:13:01 PM »
What a great call!!  I would still be jumping up and down!!  :droolingbounce:   Can't wait to see pics!   :bigsmile:

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006 - 05:24:17 PM »
Congrats, i wish it was me. Its gonna be great to see some pics of it... :thumbsup:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline real426maxwedge

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006 - 05:47:11 PM »
This all started about 3 years ago.  I have a friend that I have known for 20 years now.  I am a toolmaker and have made and or done a lot of different things for him at no cost over the years.  He acquired a mopar 4.5 siamese mega block in a car trade.  He told me he had nothing in it and whatever he sold it for would be pure profit.  I said I would like to have it.  I gave $350 for the block.  Brand new, never used.  I put it in the corner of the garage and my wife asked what is that the day it was delivered.  I told her it was a hemi.  She was pretty pschyed about it cause she somewhat understands the mystique of a hemi.  I started gathering parts at swap meets, ebay and good deals whenever I found something.  It pays to not get in a hurry.  I decided I didnt want to build the mega block since I am building a cruiser not a race car.  A real good friend here told me that he would buy me whatever block I wanted for the 4.5 mega block.  So I ordered the 4.25 block I have on the way now.  It should be here in a week to 10 days.  I have the following to put it together:

original black valve caovers     swap meet       $150
indy 426-2 intake                        ""               $350
manley rods             new                               $550
eagle crank             new                                $525
wiseco pistons          new                               $350
850 mighty demon        new                           $425
comp cams complete valve train                     $750
rockers from fho         rebuilt                         $1400
mopar aluminum heads     new                      $2300
and the list goes on.  I have under $8500 in all of it, including getting it finished at the machine shop.  I have all the bearings, rings, oil pan, pump, everything.  Attached is a picture of the 4.5 mega block with some of my stuff on it.  I also have a rebuilt 18 spline 4 speed for the car.  The dana 60 is already rebuilt all new from drum to drum with moser axles, auburn posi unit and I have $1500 in it.  It pays to be patient and shop around.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006 - 12:59:33 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006 - 06:00:32 PM »
Great story, been thinking in doing the same, i really want a 426 but could never afford one, been looking for a good awaile now but have just found cracked ones for dreammoney and a good block have really run of too serious money this days....
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006 - 06:22:53 PM »
 :bananasmi

congrats. :thumbsup:
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006 - 06:52:19 PM »
Congratulations, Real426maxwedge!!!  That sounds like it's going to be an intense engine. :drool: :drool: :wow:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin