Author Topic: Shipping  (Read 1866 times)

Offline ExCloud

Shipping
« on: February 13, 2006 - 02:49:17 PM »
has anyone ever had a vehicle shipped?  They say it will take about 10 days does the vehicle usually arive sooner then specified?  I am only 1 state away from where the car is located.

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: Shipping
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006 - 02:56:09 PM »
If you are only one state away, then why dont you rent a trailer and pick it up? Anyway, if you are getting the car shipped then Tropicalcats probably can answer your question because he just had a car shipped last year.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006 - 03:01:36 PM »
I work from 10:00am-7:00pm and only have thurs and fri off.  It is about 7hours away so I dont really want to drive there on my days off due to the girlfriend works those days and I need to be here to give her rides thus I am having it shipped :)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006 - 03:05:52 PM »
I've had 2 cars shipped now. Basically, the car is picked up when a shipper has a couple of other cars headed in your direction. They don't make money on just shipping one car. I set up a time frame, but that just let the shipper know when the car was available. It was picked up at a later date each time.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006 - 03:10:07 PM »
From my understanding I pay the guy when he gets here to drop off the car, but I dont know the exact date he is coming as of yet.  He is an actual shipper for there buisness I believe not positive on that.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006 - 03:27:45 PM »
Maybe he works differently than what I'm used to. I had to pay in advance each time. I guess they didn't trust me.  :lol: In each case though, I was dealing with a private contractor. In the first case, the dealership hired him, and the second time, I found him on the web, but it worked the same way each time... they brought the car when they had more coming my way.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006 - 03:29:18 PM »
Well lets just cross our fingers and hope its within a week so i dont get bored  :sleeping:

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006 - 04:22:02 PM »
I've had 2 cars shipped now. Basically, the car is picked up when a shipper has a couple of other cars headed in your direction. They don't make money on just shipping one car. I set up a time frame, but that just let the shipper know when the car was available. It was picked up at a later date each time.

Mike

I agree had a terrible time getting mine from California to Missouri poor weather was the biggest problem.  they haul according to loads, the guy that deliverd mine stopped in TX, and other states until he was full, then started delivering.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006 - 04:27:38 PM »
if I am only 1 state over maybe I will be first on delievery list.

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006 - 05:44:57 PM »
Hey too bad, the weather isn't better. You could ask your girlfriend to drive your Civic to where the car is and then you could drive the car back but, don't forget you could drive an extra 300 miles and go to Glacier National Park.

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006 - 05:45:43 PM »
Hey too bad, the weather isn't better. You could ask your girlfriend to drive your Civic to where the car is and then you could drive the car back but, don't forget you could drive an extra 300 miles and go to Glacier National Park.

Only stick she can drive is mine :( anything with a car she lost  :roflsmiley:

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006 - 05:50:41 PM »
Only stick she can drive is mine  ??? anything with a car she lost  :roflsmiley:

Crazy North Dakotans.  :screwy:

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006 - 05:52:22 PM »
Crazy North Dakotans.  :screwy:

Where are you originally from?   :1zhelp:

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006 - 05:55:27 PM »
I'm from Kentucky/Tennessee. Yes I'm a bit "southern" and come yunder those hills over thar wher that there far is.  :lol:

Offline ExCloud

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006 - 05:58:27 PM »
I'm from Kentucky/Tennessee. Yes I'm a bit "southern" and come yunder those hills over thar wher that there far is.  :lol:

im originally from Carpio ND and if you have ever been there its a town of about 100people  :bigsmile: so dont feel to bad