Author Topic: New K-Frame suspension system, Red Top Speed Shop, MuscleCar TV show  (Read 9468 times)

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
Web site updated with more information on "CornerMaster"  K-frame front suspension system.  2-14-06, 11pm eastern time.  Go to www.redtopspeedshop.com to check it out.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: New K-Frame suspension system, Red Top Speed Shop, MuscleCar TV show
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006 - 09:34:47 PM »
Redtop . . . could you please post some larger detailed pics of the setup so I can check it out!!  Looks cool so far!!   :bananasmi

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006 - 10:24:13 PM »
Will post once I have some, the ones on the site are all we have right now, the prototype is on the MuscleCar Project Challenger.   :thumbsup:

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006 - 09:00:15 PM »
Hello to All,

New pics posted at www.redtopspeedshop.com, go to products, click on cornermaster pic.  Posted are center steer link, lower control arm, upper control arm, & detail of the mono pivot ball.  Stay tuned more to come.  Thanks. :clapping:

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006 - 09:13:44 PM »
Looking really sweet!  :thumbsup:

Any plans to tackle the rear suspension?

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006 - 09:23:52 PM »
Looking really sweet!  :thumbsup:

Any plans to tackle the rear suspension?

:naughty:

Yes indeed, we hope to start design work in the next couple of weeks.  We are working now to complete the front suspension.  Planning to offer the rear suspension set up sometime this summer.  Will keep you posted via our website.  Thanks for the interest.

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006 - 11:09:25 PM »
All I can say is thank god someone is making some new suspension parts for old mopars.  :clapping:

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006 - 11:26:38 AM »
Target date for release of kit is April 1, 2006.  thanks :woo:

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006 - 03:53:36 PM »
Hello to all, again thanks for the interest in our new product.  We are finishing up the last revision and hope to be into  production within the next 2 weeks.  The revisions have slowed things up alittle but we are almost there.  The pricing and product will be available before we go into production.  Keep in touch for updates by visiting our site at www.redtopspeedshop.com.  Thanks :pullinghair:

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006 - 04:27:09 PM »
Hello to all, again thanks for the interest in our new product.  We are finishing up the last revision and hope to be into  production within the next 2 weeks.  The revisions have slowed things up alittle but we are almost there.  The pricing and product will be available before we go into production.  Keep in touch for updates by visiting our site at www.redtopspeedshop.com.  Thanks :pullinghair:

My whole front end is a shell right now and I'm ready to buy.
How much is it? Can I reuse my existing tubular control arms and shocks or is it one whole package?
Give me a thorough explanation as to why I should go with yours instead of the Alter-K-tion setup?  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006 - 04:52:39 PM by 73cuda426 »

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006 - 12:44:46 PM »
 :pullinghair:We are still waiting on the production specs from Laughlin.  We will have pricing and a brochure available once we get this into production.  We will keep you posted.  Email us your address & we can add you to the mailing list for the brochure.  Thanks for your interest.  Christa

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006 - 12:56:27 PM »
So Redtop, What benefits does your K-frame have over tha Alterkation frame? Is it cheaper? Is it stronger? Will it have a rack. How about a peek of the new type subframe connectors?
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006 - 12:35:30 PM »
:pullinghair:We are still waiting on the production specs from Laughlin.  We will have pricing and a brochure available once we get this into production.  We will keep you posted.  Email us your address & we can add you to the mailing list for the brochure.  Thanks for your interest.  Christa
That's geat, but you still didn't answer my question on why we should go with your product vs. Alter-k-tion or xv motorsports :dunno:

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006 - 04:14:14 PM »
To 73cuda426        First of all, sorry for the delayed response.  Second, thanks for the interest.  Our kit will consist of: K-frame, upper & lower control arms, shock tower support bracing (for coil over shocks), all steering components(including steering box, sway bar & arms, and coil overs.  You will use your spindles and brakes.  You could use your upper control arms if they will clear the spring on the coil over.  Pricing is being held up right now until we figure out our fabrication time, but our goal is to be competitive with the market.  As far as the AlterK-tion I do not know much about it.  I've seen on cars.  It seemed to be a well made unit but I do know how much they put into the geometry & performance aspect.  Our staff is more along the lines of race car technology.  What that means for you is a system that is drastically better than stock not only for geometry but in overall performance.  Thanks again for the inquiry and I hope I answered your question.  If not, email me at info@redtopspeedshop.com.[/quote]

Offline redtopspeedshop

• Red Top Speed Shop
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006 - 04:20:47 PM »
So Redtop, What benefits does your K-frame have over tha Alterkation frame? Is it cheaper? Is it stronger? Will it have a rack. How about a peek of the new type subframe connectors?

Lets see if I can answer some questions.  1) I have not done a comparison of our stuff vs. the alerKtion so I can't say if ours is stronger or not.  I know that ours will be very stout. 2) Our kit is a steering box style kit.  It uses very tried & true parts and technology from the stock cars-ie. billet drag link w/ bump steer adjustment, 11/16" tie rod ends w/ extremely strong tie rod sleeves, the 600 series Saginaw steering box which has a multitude of available ratios and valving so you can fine tune the steering wheel feel & steering quickness.  Also, by using this type of steering we can keep all the components higher off the ground than w/ the rack & pinion systems that I have seen.  Which means less chance of hitting the steering components on the ground if you choose to have a really low ride height.  Thanks for the interest & I hope I answered your questions.