Author Topic: rotisserie ???  (Read 2950 times)

Offline BIG MIKE

rotisserie ???
« on: February 04, 2003 - 12:29:45 AM »
if you got a rotisserie, where did you get it, if you built it then what was the cost  of the materials. trying to get a base line price.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re:rotisserie ???
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003 - 07:29:27 AM »
We borrowed the one we used from a friend.  The metal bars are so long and hard to store...you might find a friend more than willing to let you use theirs, just to get rid of it for a while.  Sorry, don't know about prices.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

lemonboy69

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003 - 06:03:59 PM »

Any ideas on building one?? 4x4's and heavy duty bolts should work right?? I'm tempted to try to build one in my garage to get the 'Cuda moved around a little bit and make it easier to work... lemme know if you've got any plans (blue prints) for one, know where to get those or any thing!! Thanks guys!!

LB

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003 - 06:38:38 PM »
There are a bunch of plans on the internet.  Here's one that lists all the parts you'll need.  

http://members.tripod.com/mopar_roadster/body_rotisserie.html

Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

lemonboy69

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003 - 06:56:40 PM »

Do ya think it would be safe to put on one with the engine and tranny still in??

LB

Offline BIG MIKE

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003 - 11:10:37 PM »
engine oil, trans fluids will run out when flip over and there is the extra weight

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003 - 12:04:10 AM »
After doing it, I would only put the car up there to do the whole shooting match.  No engine, no tranny.   It's not an easy job getting the car on there, so when it's on, you want to get everything done.  

Offline BIG MIKE

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003 - 04:25:52 AM »
i'am looking for one that have twin rams like the one on an engine hoist so i can just pump it up then put a pin in to lock the height.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003 - 08:07:01 AM »
That would be great!  If you find the plans, you'll have to share them with us.  We had to use a combination of an engine hoist, an overhead hoist and a regular jack to get the car in the air.  It was quite a balancing act.

Offline mustardketchup

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003 - 07:22:04 PM »
Big Mike:

I bought mine from Accessibility Systems (?).  I did a search on the web, but I can't find them.  I'll go home and look for my invoice with their address/web page/phone/etc...

The rotisserie went together real easily.  I bought their 3000 lb unit with dual hydraulic jacks.  It moves around my driveway pretty easily with the shell on it.

After assembling the thing a year ago, I was really able to get a lot of pain-in-the-ass work done on my '71 'cuda convertible.  I wish bought the rotisserie when I bought the car.  It's the only way to go, makes working on a car much easier.  Getting the car on the rotisserie was no picnic, though.

It cost me about $1,850 and was worth it.

Offline mustardketchup

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2003 - 05:57:49 PM »
Big Mike:  
     I found my sales slip and catalog.  I bought mine from Accessible Systems, Inc.  They are in Jonesborough, TN (423) 975-8907 or at www.accessiblesystems.com or email at sales@accessiblesystems.com.
     I paid $1,450 for my 3000lb/mobile/caster wheeled/adjustable height model (plus $180 shipping to a NJ truck depot).  Check their web site, because they have about a dozen different styles/sizes.

Larry