Don't do it!!!

Author Topic: Don't do it!!!  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Don't do it!!!
« on: February 16, 2006 - 06:34:18 PM »
Seems like this is happening more and more around here. You know damn well it's the ricers involved. When we were street racing years ago, we would go to uninhabited/under construction business sites that were away from public activity.

http://www.nbc11.com/news/7120805/detail.html
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Oldschool

Re: Don't do it!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006 - 06:38:14 PM »
   :iagree:   No place for street racing anymore..    :burnout:   Go out in the boondocks, or find a local track....      :cooldancing:     ....Oldschool   

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006 - 06:53:25 PM »
 Yep it was the Ricers playing Fast and Furious again. It was a Toyota Corolla racing a Honda Accord. Both drivers are in Jail on suspicion of FELONY reckless driving and FELONY RACING!!! Plus one driver was freakin high.
 It's not like it used to be, when you'd just get a speeding ticket, and a exibition of speed ticket. Heck we used to even get a warning once in awhile when the Cop was a muscle car guy too, but that was 20 years ago.

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006 - 07:36:34 PM »
man that sucks!  everyone wants to open them up, just keep it safe.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Black69

• Meeep Meeep
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006 - 02:12:20 AM »
Appologize before I speak I will. But one more time I hear of people getting hit from ricer road racers flip a b**ch all over them I will. i say put them in the chair :villagers: :villagers: :villagers: :villagers: :villagers: :villagers: :villagers:. @#$&*@$$#$@%&**&^$%$#@$#@#%$ FEEL BETTER i DO. Remember kids racing is for the tracks only. im tired of the ricer Fast and the Furious bullsh**.Appologize I do
bad english

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006 - 08:14:59 AM »
Sure seems like the number of dumbheads driving ricers is on the increase. Too bad they have to hurt innocent bystanders by their idiocy.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006 - 09:25:32 AM »
Just remember if this was the early 70's that article would have read with muscle cars in the title. Times have changed but I can tell you that having a lead foot doesn't stop with just ricers. There isn't a soul out there that can say that haven’t hit it just to see what their muscle car can do and just stuck to the posted speed limit sign all the time. Even with the toughest of will power, you will or have been tempted to floor it when some punk in a rice machine wants some.

I think their mistake was to do it in an area where kids could be present. They should have found a track or a remote piece of highway.

If you put everything into true perspective ALL street racing is bad. Only takes one fool to pull out in front of you in the middle of the race or something go wrong with your ride. Something like a tire blow out and you’re into on coming traffic. Slide into on coming traffic and I guarantee you will be in the 11 o’clock news as well.

It’s the need for speed that will hand you a ticket by Johnny law and if you’re going over the speed limit anything is possible when it comes to accidents. I know I have had my share of speed tickets and close calls racing.

I think those guys that were involved in hurting this kid have the worst punishment already. They would have to live the rest of their live knowing that they have maimed this child and especially if the child doesn’t make it. Can you imagine living with the thought of taking the life of an innocent with you for the rest of your life? When your young and stupid I guess anything is possible.

I say take it to the track. More fun racing many people down a fixed lane all day long and you can do it without having to worry about these things. Just remember anything could go wrong when racing, even with the most perfect of conditions someone can get hurt.

Be safe guys.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006 - 09:31:43 AM by JimCuda »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006 - 10:08:41 AM »
It's worth mentioning that these lightweight, short wheelbase cars and then lowered, create a high speed driving that is easy to loose control. Add to the fact that they change the suspension spring rate for a harsh ride and all it takes is to hit a bump at high speed and they'll eat it.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006 - 04:42:05 PM »
 It's not just ricers either, I just watched a special about how the police are trying to crack down on street racers. It showed some home videos of street racing gone wrong. In one a Nova lost control half way through the race, looked like he hit the Nitrous and blew the tires away pitching him sideways into the crowd that was stupid enough to line up all the way down the road. He ended up killing a young boy.
 I think a big part of the problem is there isn't alot of race tracks around anymore, especially where this happened.
 Kids are going to go somewhere.
 I bet if they did a study they would find they have alot less problems with street racing in places where there is a race track near by.

ROB

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006 - 07:42:59 PM »
Evil72 has a point.  Kearney here has a track about 2-3 miles east of town.  I've heard of a street racing bust locally ONCE.  And, it was at 2 in the morning, on a deserted back road, and a local cruise took place earlier that day.  That's it, so I guess they all take it to the track.

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006 - 09:15:07 PM »
This happened 5-10 miles from my house. The spot was in front of a park.
I read in the paper today that the girl is doing good. Closest Dragstrip is Searspoint raceway...I'd guess it's about 45 miles and not easy to geta racecar to. that's about right 'eh Evil?
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006 - 11:30:46 PM »
Is it me or does black69 sound like YODA?
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006 - 11:59:08 PM »
 Good guess ChevyConvert!, it's 51.65 miles and about 56 minutes away if the traffic isn't bad, yea right! this is California  :roflsmiley:
 Just for comparison the old Baylands Raceway track if still open would have been 21.01 miles and 25 minutes away from where the accident happened.
ROB

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006 - 12:04:56 AM »
Good guess ChevyConvert!, it's 51.65 miles and about 56 minutes away if the traffic isn't bad, yea right! this is California  :roflsmiley:
 Just for comparison the old Baylands Raceway track if still open would have been 21.01 miles and 25 minutes away from where the accident happened.
I drive that way often. Bad road to have trouble on (hwy 37). Narrow one lane, no where to go but into the water...
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Oldschool

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006 - 05:55:07 PM »
Is it me or does black69 sound like YODA?

:iagree:   He's European and that being considered, I think he does pretty well.  Much better than me trying to type in his native language....    :cooldancing:    ....Oldschool