Author Topic: R/T hood  (Read 757 times)

Offline 71chmark

R/T hood
« on: February 17, 2006 - 10:13:54 AM »
I have a flat hood so I'm looking to purchase an aftermarket Ralley hood for my 71 Challenger. Does anyone have any experience with these or should I look for a used one.
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline wiging19

Re: R/T hood
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006 - 10:35:47 AM »
I bought one for my car from Sherman directly. I later saw it for sell cheaper on ebay (from Sherman).  I live in the Pacific Northwest and most of the hoods have been out in the rain for a long time.  Most of the ones I found for sell locally the front edge was bent from minor accidents.  I'm not a body man so buying it new with shipping offset the work required to make it straight.  Even then the body man I had needed to do some work on it to get it perfect.  If you live in a part of the country where rust isn't a big issue then you could probably pick up one that is in pretty good shape.  My experience is often time people want very close to the value of purchasing a new hood for the old one since it was original.  Personally I like metal that hasn't had a chance to get rusty or deal with metal fatigue.  The two places to buy directly from are Sherman and Goodmark.  The best deals I've seen were on the ebay or through people on this forum.  Are you going to keep your hood or sell it?
 :clapping:

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006 - 02:03:04 PM »
I plan on keeping my hood for awhile as I might make a shaker out of it. Thanks for the info. I live in the rustbelt (Toledo,OH). I would rather have a fresh hood.  I was just worried about quality. I have read some horror stories about inferior reproductions.
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006 - 02:14:07 PM »
The one made by GOODMARK fits perfectly. At least mine did.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006 - 02:15:52 PM by Mopar73340 »
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed