Author Topic: Cuda Body work  (Read 960 times)

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
Cuda Body work
« on: February 17, 2006 - 07:23:17 PM »
Hey guys I think iv desided to do all the body work on the cuda myself the dart is done and it turned out very nice so i think i can handle it! it needs quarters and trunk pan and inner fenders! the car is dissasembled and off the ground know where should i start? i know iv got to get the underneath and hte paint striped but where would yall pros recomend me begining?? the trunk then quaters the inner fenders? or.... the dart only needed quaters and the pass floor pan! on the dart i done the floor first then the quarters! what do yall think?
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Silver R/T

• Cardomain personal page
Re: Cuda Body work
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006 - 11:53:57 PM »
I would tackle trunk first, then quarters

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006 - 11:53:17 AM »
Sounds like you are going to have quite a bit of metal replacement to do. Given that, I would hold off strippng all the paint until you get the heavy metal work done.

Given that the full Goodmark quarters are at least half-year out, you might want to start doing the inner fenders and rot repair up front. Then, move back to any floorpan work, and finally the trunk. The trunk is easier with the quarters cut out, but just cut the vertical portion out to start with. This will keep the car in shape while you do the trunk. Get the trunk done and the full quarters might be available by then.

I had my car blasted when I had the trunk and floors done, but the quarters were still off. I was able to get DP-40 in every nook and cranny of the trunk with the quarters off. The quarter skins are going on this week.

You might also consider getting a rotisserie to make this job easier.

Does this help?

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006 - 04:51:25 AM »
yes thanks steve im in the process of trying to find plans for a rotissory! iv got a thread up you got one?  :bigsmile: there is no floor work needed just the inner fenders and quarters and trunk oh yea the inner quarters to i figured id do that with the trunk!! thanks Kev
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006 - 05:27:08 AM »
I have one. Hopefully, I'll be done with it in about a month.

There are a couple of different plans out there on the web. Even though mine was "professionally" made, it doesn't spin well. The centerline of these cars is just so high up that I would have to mount the car way too high to make it practical to work on. This is why you see setups with the jacks on them. Also, put big casters on there so you can move it around on the driveway and stuff.