Author Topic: Need Opinions  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

Need Opinions
« on: February 17, 2006 - 10:32:57 PM »
Well guys, as most of you know I am getting the Challenger painted this year and was wondering what you think about this wheels and tires. They're off a Magnum R/T so they're 18s on 5x4.5" Pattern. Tires are 225/60/18s so they should fit there with no problems. Here's an idea of what they might look like if I did go with them. Tell me what you think.

Oldschool

Re: Need Opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006 - 10:42:27 PM »
To me, the wheels look fine.  The tires are too low profile for the wheelwells.  A taller sidewall would help fill it up.  Maybe it's just beacuse I'm used to the way the older tires look.  Just my 0.02.    :cooldancing:   ...Oldschool

Offline TKat13

• Work In Progress...
    • Project Cuda
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006 - 09:51:01 AM »
It looks photoshop'd, not bad but based on how 17's look on these cars, I would bet that the real deal fills up the tire wells much more. They just don't look like they are scaled correctly and its tough to get a good feel for it. Too bad you can't actually put them on the car. :)

I myself would like to see how they really look on a car too.
1974 'Cuda
2005 SRT-10 Ram
2006 Buell Firebolt XB12R (Murdered by person texting & driving)
2004 Mach 1

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006 - 10:41:36 AM »
Thanks you two. They are photochopped TKat but, they would probably fill up the wheel wells at they are 18" Rims riding on 225/60/18 tires.

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006 - 08:58:01 PM »
I did some photoshoppin' on this same subject late last year. I think thats right on the scaling. You woud have to have both vehicles scaled identically, then cut them from the Charger onto the Cuda or Chally. I got it close but I would REALLY like to see the real thing.  Looks like I am not the only one that is interested in seeing what these will look like. I wonder how wide a tire those 7.5" rims can handle? 

Ck it out

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=15934.0
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006 - 09:07:03 PM »

To be honest, I don't think they look very good.  :-\ :eek4:
If I were you I'd invest in some polished SS Cragars or Rallyes.  :bigshades: :bananasmi :ylsuper:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006 - 05:08:40 AM »
If I were you I'd invest in some polished SS Cragars or Rallyes

Just my opinon but.....

Rallyes are classic and are entrenched in the Ebody culture. They present a well beaten path for a lot of E-body owners. I like the look of rallyes, but I see them EVERYWHERE. Cragars are classic as well, been around forever and are like musclecar royalty; but are a bit too much chrome bling for my car as I would envision it.

I prefer a slightly different look; one that fits me, is not too over the top and still isn't like every other car you see on the street or on the net.

The Charger wheels w/stock tires should fit, but will be close on the rear backspacing. I am interested to see what they will look like in real life. Post up pics of your Chally when you get those wheels on Dakota.   
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006 - 06:06:39 AM »
Just my opinon but.....

Rallyes are classic and are entrenched in the Ebody culture. They present a well beaten path for a lot of E-body owners. I like the look of rallyes, but I see them EVERYWHERE.
I prefer a slightly different look; one that fits me, is not too over the top and still isn't like every other car you see on the street or on the net.

True, the rallyes do represent the "stock" look, but, since when is a Challenger common?  ;) :thumbsup:
If I could see an E-Body "EVERYWHERE" I would be over the moon!  :biggrin:

I see what you mean though.  :cheers:

Also depends on the meats you put on....I see a % of E-Bodies with Rallyes, yes, but not many that sit down well with the wells stuffed and filled with tyres. Mostly stock rallye wheels with 235's all around. (boring). :-\

:wave:

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006 - 09:15:46 AM »
Yes, Ebodys are rare (cudas or Challengers) but I meant that 3 out of 5 go the safe route and go with Rallyes. Its a common theme for these cars that gets repeated time and time again.

The tailend of your car looks nice and fat. I like that look. What size tires are those you have back there? Did you have to do any spring relocation? 
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006 - 02:56:12 PM »
I don't think they look that bad at all.  I am in that group that has been trying to choose a wheel that looks good, but not as common as Ralles, Torque Thrust II, or Keystones.  The option you have there looks much better than some of the other options.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006 - 04:37:04 PM »
The tailend of your car looks nice and fat. I like that look. What size tires are those you have back there? Did you have to do any spring relocation? 

Thanks!  :worshippy They are 275/60's on a 15x8" rim with 4.5" BS. Stock setup.  :bananasmi

What about going wild and getting some new style rims (not chrome) but big 18" - 19" wheels?
There are some tasty modern black style rims.  :drool: