Author Topic: tubular A arms  (Read 1278 times)

Offline lime 70

• Tires that turn together burn together
tubular A arms
« on: February 18, 2006 - 10:03:02 AM »
 I was just wondering if any one has any experience with these. I would like to get the adjustable ones because I need more camber adjustment on my Chally. I got it aligned a while back and the alignment place said it was out a little bit and that I would not have any problems just a bit of extra wear on the tire. Well its time to get new tires and I like to fix this. If anyone knows who makes these :dunno:I do not have any frame issues I just think the car was built this way.
70 Challenger 440 SIX PACK

Offline TKat13

• Work In Progress...
    • Project Cuda
Re: tubular A arms
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006 - 10:14:57 AM »
http://www.magnumforce.com/detail.aspx?ID=1561

Magnumforce adjustable are the ones I am looking at purchasing..
1974 'Cuda
2005 SRT-10 Ram
2006 Buell Firebolt XB12R (Murdered by person texting & driving)
2004 Mach 1

Offline cudaaah

• 71 HEMI cuda, 2015 ram 2500 mega cab diesal 4x4
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006 - 10:57:23 PM »
Do you know anything about the full K member conversion kit by magnumforce?  I wouldn't mind a more modern ride...Love to know if it's worth the $ and what's involved w/ installation.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006 - 11:13:33 PM »
I see no problems with the upper control arms but I feel the Magnum K is a poor choice & will not live on the street & is really a track only piece

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Bueller1

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006 - 09:44:03 AM »
I've heard loys of good things about these k-frames & control arms being run on street cars.Hope it helps!
https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php

Offline cudaaah

• 71 HEMI cuda, 2015 ram 2500 mega cab diesal 4x4
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006 - 10:27:47 AM »
Thanks CP, I like to hear that spending 3500 isn't worth it for street.  I am rebuilding my front end on my 70, I'll see how I like that B4 spending more$.

I may investigate, or ask for opinions on these front end chassis kits for my 71.  I am changing from a 340, to a 426.  At least that's the plan as of now.  I didn't know these kits were out there.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006 - 07:58:31 PM »
I would like to see a tubular K frame made that can incorperate the T bars & stocl lower control arms or similar & use possibly Mustang II spindles & use a Rack , Maybe I will just have to build one for me & try ti?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006 - 07:32:28 PM »
If you are still rebuilding your Cuda front end, the cheapest, stock looking fix for your camber problem is to purchase the SPECIAL OFFSET upper control arm bushings from MOOG. The hole in the rubber is off center so that when you have them installed, the holes are installed towards the center to give you more positive camber adjustment. Any good auto parts should be able to find these in their books.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0