Author Topic: gets me mad  (Read 2453 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
gets me mad
« on: February 18, 2006 - 03:21:26 PM »
how are you all?well to start off a friend of my wife was at my house last night.she said me and my soon to be challenger were a topic at their dinner table.Why doesnt he just finish that barracuda?I think some people need to mind their own.I was nice and just smiled I figured it wasnt worth getting into.But then today my sons friend saw a photo of the challenger and said wow you should have pimp my ride do it.It took a lot to keep my mouth shut but i did. I guess im just ranting on the computer.have any of you had this happen to you?sometimes i feel that i am the only person that can see the beauty in a rusty hunk of metal.thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
Re: gets me mad
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006 - 03:29:34 PM »
Don't let it get to you MC, IMHO it takes a special person to appreciate the history in these vehicles, and even more to take the time and money to restore one.  I'll be taking posession of a pretty rough 69 Swinger 340 and I sometimes ask myself "why", but I never loose the passion.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006 - 03:41:55 PM »
I would just let that go and continue on!  They'll be singing a different song when it all come together!!  But you'll still be that talk of the dinner table . . .  :dunno:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006 - 03:49:44 PM »
and said wow you should have pimp my ride do it.

If "Pimp My Ride" EVER does a classic Mopar, I will personally find a way to fly to their studios, and b!tchslap everyone involved.  Those guys couldn't fix a car to save their lives.

Oldschool

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006 - 04:03:28 PM »
Hang tough my Mopar Brother.   :cheers:  They are either unknowing, uncaring, or jealous.  In either of those cases, it does not matter.  I imagine you did not solicit their opinion before buying the car, so why care what they say now?  Forge ahead with your plan, and in the end, you will have 2 classic restored Mopars and they will still be talkin'.  Good Luck!     :cooldancing:     ....Oldschool

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006 - 04:28:02 PM »
Remember, talk is something anyone can do, but most don't know what they are talking about. With that said I'd pass this on, "Want to really piss them off?"   Just ignore the suckers !  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006 - 04:38:52 PM »
THANKS GUYS i really needed that.Its really wierd because my friends and co-workers have all commented on the fact that they have never seen me so happy.

Offline mopar2ya

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006 - 09:42:02 PM »
 :bananasmi :ylsuper: :jumping: :crazy: :cooldancing: :bananasmiTake it from me guys, the clown and myself are close friends, and this fellow has worked his a$$ off to make this chally purchase happen. clown, those guys are just jealous cause your gonna have 2 mopars and they got none, i watched pimp my ride once, and they pop riveted a piece of flat sheet metal in a 67 mustang to cover up a rot hole in a floor pan, they're hacks, thats why T.V. is bad for kids, they get the wrong idea about how things work. I'm here for ya brother

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006 - 10:44:00 PM »
To steal a HD saying that says it all (imho)...
"if I have to explain you would not understand" covers alot of these situations.
I remember when i was a teenager and my older bro got married and I was talking to my new sister-in-law about my brothers cool '67 camaro.
She said it was an old car and she couldn't tell the difference between his '67 camaro and my Dads '69 2-door rambler! :dunno:
Well I guess you know who ended up with the Chevy :bigshades:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Silver R/T

• Cardomain personal page
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006 - 10:47:02 PM »
well just work on it more, and prove them wrong.

Offline cudaaah

• 71 HEMI cuda, 2015 ram 2500 mega cab diesal 4x4
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006 - 11:16:06 PM »
I have to agree w/ all above...I've had more comments from friends (without), asking why I'm spending so much on my 2 cuda's, and that I'll never get the cash back...maybe so, but I too, have found passion, and an excitement in my projects.  My wife loves the fact I'm not bugging her all the time for attention.   What comes to mind is:

New cuda project car...$10-30K

Restoring......another $10-40K

Driving down the road when complete(smiling at the critics)....PRICELESS!!!

Good Luck w/ your challenger
Cudaaah

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006 - 11:22:49 PM »
 :iagree:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006 - 11:25:31 PM »
Don't spend anytime thinking about them any more... use that time to think about what you're going to do to your car!  Are you keeping it stock or you going to mod a little?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006 - 12:11:01 AM »
I have to agree w/ all above...I've had more comments from friends (without), asking why I'm spending so much on my 2 cuda's, and that I'll never get the cash back...maybe so, but I too, have found passion, and an excitement in my projects.  My wife loves the fact I'm not bugging her all the time for attention.   What comes to mind is:

New cuda project car...$10-30K

Restoring......another $10-40K

Driving down the road when complete(smiling at the critics)....PRICELESS!!!

Good Luck w/ your challenger
Cudaaah
Non-car buddy just this Thursday saying "that's alot of money" knowing what i paid while showing him the car...shut him down with:
"how much did your wife's BMW cost and what do you think it's worth now"?
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006 - 12:11:30 AM »
you should have pimp my ride do it.

:puke: im with ghost on this one..