Author Topic: I Need Some Holiday Help Please - Bus Tours, etc......  (Read 940 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
I Need Some Holiday Help Please - Bus Tours, etc......
« on: February 19, 2006 - 06:14:43 AM »

I am going through making some enquiries into where to stay in New York city.
I am also wanting a reputable bus company name to get from NY to Calisle PA.

Anyone know a good reputable tour bus or bus company?
Like American Airlines reputable, one everyone knows.
Plans so far are:

- 10th July 2007 fly to New York from Auckland, New Zealand.
 - Stay in New York and walk around for a few days taking in the sights. Bus tour, Statue of Liberty etc....
 - Bus trip from New York to Carlisle (when ever Carlilse is).
 - Stay in Carlilse for 2 days and meet at the C-C.C tent (hopefully book a room with the gang).
 - Fly from Carlisle PA or close by to Las Vegas
 - Spend 3 days to a week in Las Vegas
 - Bus trip to LA
 - Fly home to New Zealand

I have about 3 weeks because I am coming over with 2 cousins (3 altogether) and they have work to worry about and also one will be married by then, 3 weeks will be fine. If I like it I will plan to come back for much longer and do the entire country....maybe up to 6 months or so.

Any help with places to stay or see in the above places would be fantastic. I've worked it out roughly to be:
3-7 days in New York. 2-4 Days in Carlisle. 3-7 Days in Las Vegas. Rest travel or bonus days for any city.

Cheers,
NZ440R/T

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Re: I Need Some Holiday Help Please - Bus Tours, etc......
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006 - 06:43:51 AM »
I believe your plane must make a stop in Salt Lake City, UT to dump you off for a couple of days!  :grinyes:  I realize you have a set plan but maybe if you do like your trip, you can come back and include a trip through my neck of the woods when you do. I was planning on going to Carlisle but my car is priority right now and the money I'd spend to go to Carlisle is going into the GV unit.  :walkaway: Wish I could go but gotta do what makes sense.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006 - 06:50:11 AM »
NZ,
  I'm not sure what day of the week July 10th is next year, but I hope you can make Carlsile. I just did a quick check on plane flights and busses. Forget the plane. They kill you on one-way trips. Greyhound had a bus going from New York City to King of Prussia Pa. for $34 a ticket. I'll have to look at a map and see how far away that is from Carlisle.  :chatting:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006 - 06:51:52 AM »
I believe your plane must make a stop in Salt Lake City, UT to dump you off for a couple of days!  :grinyes:  I realize you have a set plan but maybe if you do like your trip, you can come back and include a trip through my neck of the woods when you do. I was planning on going to Carlisle but my car is priority right now and the money I'd spend to go to Carlisle is going into the GV unit.  :walkaway: Wish I could go but gotta do what makes sense.

That's basically where my Carlisle or trip money has gone all this time - Lucy.
Well spent IMO, something of which I can see where it has gone.
By 2007 I would have enjoyed Lucy, had fun here and saved enough money to see the world, now or never.

I would have liked to stay for around 4 weeks minimum but, 3 weeks is better than nothing!!!!!!
I know I'll like it but coming back without my two best friends would suck, going over once then by myself or with someone else just wouldn't be the same. I'm making a few itineraries and I'll run it pass them.
I'll try and talk them into going for 4 weeks, I know I can (I think). That would be one week for travel and 3 weeks to enjoy.

I wanted to stay at the Plaza Hotel but I can't find it, do you know if it's still running?
I think it may have changed it's name or something. The one near central park, Crocodile Dundee stayed there. lol

"G'Day mate"  :roflsmiley:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006 - 06:55:24 AM »
NZ,
  I'm not sure what day of the week July 10th is next year, but I hope you can make Carlsile. I just did a quick check on plane flights and busses. Forget the plane. They kill you on one-way trips. Greyhound had a bus going from New York City to King of Prussia Pa. for $34 a ticket. I'll have to look at a map and see how far away that is from Carlisle.  :chatting:

Mike

Thanks mate that's bloody cheap!!  :sly: :bananasmi That would be like $50 NZD's.
Thanks for that, I have even heard of Greyhound buses (might have seen them on a movie) but I have....

I'm not sure on exact dates but if Carlisle is usually the 20th of July I would want to be in New York from the 15th stay 3 or 4 nights and head to Carlisle on the 19th stay at the hotel with you guys for 2 or 3 days then fly to Las Vegas. Something like that....

Cheers

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006 - 06:57:22 AM »
NZ,

It looks like King of Prussia is too far away from Carlisle. We need to get you into Harrisburg. That's the state capiltol, and about a 20 minute ride from Carlisle, I think.

Carlisle is usually the second weekend of July, I believe

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006 - 07:02:58 AM »
NZ,

It looks like King of Prussia is too far away from Carlisle. We need to get you into Harrisburg. That's the state capiltol, and about a 20 minute ride from Carlisle, I think.

Mike

Cool thanks Mike, that sounds about right I'll boom around it.
How long does Carlisle go for? Just the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday eh?  :dunno:

I look into Harrisburg. I don't mind a bus ride from the nearest Airport to Carlisle. Say 1-2 hours is fine.  :thumbsup:

Thanks  :swaying:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006 - 07:05:09 AM »

Mike

Are you sure it's not the third? This calendar shows the 21st as being a good date for it, when was it last year and when is it this year? http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/monthly.html?year=2007&month=7&country=1

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006 - 07:15:18 AM »

You could be right MEK...this year Carlisle is 7th, 8th and 9th of July.
Atleast now I have a date to book around.  :bananasmi

13th, 14th and 15th. Get this, the I picked a flukey year.....the first date is: Friday the 13th.  :22yikes: :lol2: