Author Topic: help!  (Read 892 times)

Offline hemitodd

help!
« on: February 26, 2006 - 03:44:21 PM »
I just reinstalled header on driver's side.  I had taken out two bolts on the intake manifold to put a chain on to lift the motor (it's a crate hemi) Was running it this afternoon, I now have an external coolant leak on the driver's side just at the front.  It looks like where the block , the head, and the intake intersect. 

Any ideas? :pullinghair:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: help!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006 - 03:50:55 PM »
Header bolt may run into the water jacket.  Could use something on the threads of the bolt to stop the leak if that is what it is.   :dunno:  I know they do on a 440 and a couple on the 340. 

Offline hemitodd

Re: help!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006 - 04:21:15 PM »
It's coming out on the top front corner water passage where the head meets the block  I assume the leak is in the head gasket because I don't know where else it could be coming from.  I'm assuming when I lifted up the front of the motor by the front intake bolts and pulled the corner of the head away from the block. Just trying to figure out whether it's just an external leak and whether  retorquing the head bolts, might fix the leak,   or am I going to have to replace the gasket.
 :dunno: