Author Topic: 4cruzin Engine buildup  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: 4cruzin Engine buildup
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006 - 05:54:46 PM »
the 400 decks are like an 1.5 to 2inchs shorter then the 440 so i'd imagine that they'd sit an 1in or 2 lower so it might just barely clear if not i'm going to modify the base because that was the staple of this whole project i want it to look like a mostly stock 383 other then headers and the intake. even when i build the 511 i'll be leaving the same sleeper look even if it costs me afew hp. but then again the 3 1/2 mandrel bent exhaust and 2 chamber flows with turndowns should'nt give it away :sleeping:

The 383 torker isnt that tall of an intake. Like I said before, with a power bulge hood there is plenty of room. If you are using a flat hood, I still dont think it will be a problem. As for your sleeper look, you can always do what I am going to do....which is use exhaust cutouts right after the headers and a quite exhaust for normal driving. Then your car wouldnt sounds so modified untill you opened the cutouts......

Here is a picture of my 383 with a torker and MP air cleaner. The top of the air cleaner is at about the same height as the top of the firewall......
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006 - 10:00:58 PM »
Well been making some progress . . . right now the car is on stands with the rear end painted and ready to go back in and the K frame came out yesterday.  What a pain in the ass that was.  :eek4:  The 4 bolts that attach it to the bottom of the frame were not very cooperative.   :pullinghair:  But that is now going to the powder coater for a make over and hopefully be back in a week or so!  The engine as you can see is also making progress . . couple more weeks and should have it together and ready to install!  Still alot of work to do!   :cheers:

Offline Robb

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006 - 11:08:57 PM »
Youre going to run a 4speed with that motor Right ?

Im very interested to hear how your 500 stroker runs in that car...   whats your scheduled completion date ?

figure out what aircleaner to use ?    still thinking supercharger ?

looking good ! :clapping:

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006 - 01:35:49 AM »
that carb should make that Indy head beast run like a slant 6

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

cudahob

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006 - 06:58:42 AM »
and get rid of the FRAM!!  :bricks1:

Anti Fram villagers ===>   :villagers:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006 - 08:28:36 AM »
lol CP . . .thats not the carb I'm using!  I just threw that up there for the pic and to get a feeling as to how tall the engine is going to be . . . haven't picked a carb yet . . . and suggestions??   As for the fram . . use that for the break-in period and then get something good!   :cheers:   Here is one with a holley!  lol    I'm having the valve covers powder coated flat or satin black and I think the oil pan too . . . hate the gold.   :puke:

Youre going to run a 4speed with that motor Right ?
Im very interested to hear how your 500 stroker runs in that car...   whats your scheduled completion date ?
figure out what aircleaner to use ?    still thinking supercharger ?

Robb yes I'm running a 4 speed and look forward to seeing how the car runs!  As for completion date . . . before Carlisle is my goal and I think I'm moving along pretty good!  Gonna wait until I get the motor in the car and see what kind of clearance I have . . . can mill that intake down 3/4 of an inch if I have to . . . and thinking of a back-up intake just in case!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006 - 08:34:46 AM by 4cruzin »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006 - 08:31:26 AM »
Lookin Great there 4C.  :thumbsup: I see 2 other engines there. Carb?  Demon IMO.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006 - 08:37:58 AM »
Lookin Great there 4C.  :thumbsup: I see 2 other engines there. Carb?  Demon IMO.

Yes my friend that is helping me build this engine always has HEMI engines laying around that he's working on!  He's good at building engines!  Parts still needed are . . . driveshaft, exhaust, carb, brake lines . . . . I think thats it.  The parts hunt is about over!    :bananasmi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006 - 04:16:59 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006 - 09:01:10 AM »
Wow!! That engine is looking really nice 4c!  :clapping:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline firefighter3931

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006 - 02:46:17 PM »
that carb should make that Indy head beast run like a slant 6

:lol: :iagree: An HP950dp should work nice on that combo, inmo.

Engine looks great  :drool: That manifold is gonna be too tall for your hood. The Indy Dual plane looks like your best option at this point. If you get it there'll be some grinding required to port match it to the heads....just so you now.

There's allways the 'glass hood option with a scoop if ya want to keep that manifold.  :burnout:

Ron
68 Charger RT street/strip Bruiser & 70 Charger RT 440-6pack the ultimate Cruiser