How To Move On

Author Topic: How To Move On  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

How To Move On
« on: March 04, 2006 - 02:11:50 AM »
Well, I guess this will be a deep question tonight. Just kind of struck me I suppose. Anyways, I'm just wondering how do you all move on when someone severly messes you? Like I had an ex a year ago that said a lot of lies about me to other people. She silently killed me as a person and killed my reputation and I found out from her parents. She made herself look like the victim when in fact she was the one who cheated on me. I treated her well but, I wasn't good enough. Then she lied to a lot of people about me and I tried to tell people the truth but, they didn't listen because of the damage she had already done. And there was a couple of times I got angry and it didn't help. In the end I basically told her to stick it where the sun don't shine and go straight to h*ll.
After that I tried to move on but, seems like someone else I met knew of one of her friends or knew her so, I was screwed in a sense. Kind of like the domino effect ya know. Anyways, its been bothering me for a while now knowing that I feel as if I can't move on because of the past if that makes sense. I'm just wondering how do you all deal with this type of stuff? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: How To Move On
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006 - 08:03:38 AM »
I go and find someone new to take my mind away from the other girl.  Or I will travel to somewhere tropical for some serious fun!  I know its hard as we all have been there but its for the better as she cheated on you.  That is something that you can never forgive.  Hope you get over this quickly and continue with life!   :worshippy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006 - 03:41:55 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline Challenger73318

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006 - 08:26:56 AM »
I used to think of a particular line from a song...

"People always talkin, 'bout stuff they don't know,
People just love to watch a show"

It'll blow over.  Change your surroundings for some immediate relief.  Living well, is always better than revenge (at least that's what they say, I've personally had a fondness for revenge myself).

Good luck!

Offline Blown70

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006 - 08:33:41 AM »
Well half the problem is the people who are actually listening to her.

I spent 27 hours in Jail due to a woman and her lies.  NO FUN AT ALL :villagers:   

Now, it did take me 3 years total with some therapy.  (go a head make fun)

I still do have a TRUST issue I do not think will ever go away.

Tom

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006 - 08:37:22 AM »
adauto 's post on dodger charger site says it all!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006 - 09:09:31 AM »
Whether it be a girlfriend, friend, or even family member, if somebody treats me like crap I just cut them out of my life. For a lot of people that is hard, but for me its the easiest way to deal with it. I know sometimes I still dawn on it and it upsets me, but I realized I am much better off without that person in my life. As for the "friend of the friend" scenario....never had that happen to me but if I did I would do my 'shopping' in another town. Ohh and the easiest way to temporarily forget about worries in life is to go out and start banging gears....and sometimes you meet people doing that so its a win/win situation.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006 - 09:16:23 AM »
The best way to get Over someone old is to get UNDER someone new!!!!!!!!

:eek2:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline Blown70

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006 - 09:51:57 AM »
The best way to get Over someone old is to get UNDER someone new!!!!!!!!

:eek2:

I agree, I went on a slut spree,  Well if males can be sluts..... :lol2:  That was the best therapy too :bigsmile:

Tom

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006 - 10:36:35 AM »
Thanks guys. It's been a year but, I guess the point is I'm over her but, she's still trying to manipulate my life. I don't know, maybe if I can get the Chally running and go take some road trips this Spring/Summer. It's just been tough when you're trying to rebuild your life and someone else to have to make drama.  :hyper:

Offline Blown70

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006 - 10:38:17 AM »
I agree, I went on a very *friendly* person spree,  Well if males can be very *friendly* persons..... :lol2:  That was the best therapy too :bigsmile:

Tom

OOOPS funny my post changed?  LOL   SORRY :walkaway:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006 - 11:31:15 AM »
In some way I supppose all of us has been treated wrong and taken advanatage of. But that dosen't make it any easier for you, then or now. I will tell you revenge is no answer to any problem it just makes the problem bigger in scope and spread to more people. I would think as much as possible seperation from all involved is the first step toward normacy, and that is not always easy or possible, you just can't "run away" although that is many of our first thoughts. I know you've heard it but set the example by the way you conduct your current life and situation. Easy? Hell no, but some corny phrases are true, beleive me. "Truth will evidentially be revealed" and "what goes around, comes around", this I honestly beleive are true both in the positive and negative aspects of living. At the risk of sounding "old and mature", I'll tell you, we can't control what life throws at us, but we can control our lives by how we react to life.   

Thanks for sharing with us, some of us will make comment and give advice, but ultimately only you can choose the course of action in an attempt to deal with your situation. If you should want to talk more, there is the private meassage option or if you wish I will gladly be an "ear", @ pandjmopars@adelphia.net. Best of luck friend.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006 - 02:58:42 PM »
Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate all this. It'll take a little more time to heal but, hopefully things will go shiny side up. For now I'll just lay back and take her easy for a while. Besides that its still winter. Alright well take it easy everyone. Catch you all later.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006 - 03:45:42 PM »
Hi, darkness.  Sorry, late in the game but I can relate to what happened to you sorta.

I had a girlfriend a long time ago that was actually from church.  She's affectionately known as the "girlfriend from hell".  I tried to be the best person I could for her and all she did is play mind games on me.  To make a long story short, I broke it off and she, like your ex, proceeded to kill me and my reputation at church.  I started to get the cold shoulder by many a person who I thought were my friend.  This killed me also spiritually as I no longer felt welcome to worship at that church anymore as many people were snubbing me, but it was a church that I grew up in.  These people were not only fellow church goers, but also in my close circle of friends as I spent much time doing church related activities.  It was a painful time for me.

It was tough but I persevered.  Sorry if this has too much religious over tones.  For me, I went to church to worship God, and not just to make it a social activity.  That's what got me through these tough times.  I continued to be friendly despite how I was treated by others. 

I said to myself if they were really my friends, they would know who I am, despite the lies that were passed around by some immature girl.  That is what I would like for you to take away from this post, darkness.  If these poeple were really your friends, they would stick by your side or would approach you about these lies and not just accept them as fact.  You don't need people in your life that'll drag you down.

Anyhow's, the happy ending is that I didn't do anything vengeful (although the thoughts did cross my mind).  I chose to act like a gentleman and I feel it was the best way to go.  Your character will speak louder than the actions of your ex.  Go about life as usual.  Those people that snubbed me now talk to me as if nothing happened.  I feel the truth will eventually be known and will set you free.  Just my 2 cents.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006 - 08:49:31 AM »
Thanks Super Blue. I greatly appreciate your post. That has a lot of meaning to me. Sorry to hear of what happened in some of your situations. Anyways, thanks againa and have a good day. Catch you all later.

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006 - 09:05:10 AM »
Of course you can always pick up and move. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes. Start fresh and make a clean break.