Author Topic: Help me design my custom AAR project  (Read 6798 times)

Offline TKat13

• Work In Progress...
    • Project Cuda
Re: Help me design my custom AAR project
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006 - 09:43:50 PM »
I was thinking one possible way of simulating that look on a '73 would be to get a Coyote Duster 4BBL air cleaner off of 69ish 383 Road Runner or Super Bee. I see them on E-pay sometimes and they sure look cool on E-bodies.  Gives ya that 6BBL look without that 6BBL price

That is exactly what I have tucked away, my father-in-law gave me a setup for a 6 pack and a 4 barrel, that way I have options.  :cooldancing: Those air cleaners are the best looking ones around!
1974 'Cuda
2005 SRT-10 Ram
2006 Buell Firebolt XB12R (Murdered by person texting & driving)
2004 Mach 1

Offline TKat13

• Work In Progress...
    • Project Cuda
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006 - 09:49:34 PM »
Thanks guys for getting back to me so soon. :cheers:
Send me pics of underneath hood if you have to agooberss@hotmail.com Thanks

I just zipped up all the pics I grabbed at Carlise on the AARs, how much can your email handle? 32 Mb is what it came to. :clapping:
Let me know your limit and I will break it up accordingly, or if you have an ftp site you want me to dump it to I can do that as well. Can you tell I am picture happy? LOL I figured while I was at Carlise I would just fill up my camera... and I did.
1974 'Cuda
2005 SRT-10 Ram
2004 Mach 1

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006 - 09:38:22 AM »
I'll take a copy of those AAR pics too..  :grinyes: j.vike@monet.no Please??? Maybe you could host them if more people are interessed?
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006 - 02:27:58 PM »
  how about pearl white stipes/trim to matchup w/interior, maybe a darker blue outline to make stipe pop.  :bigshades:
Thanks for idea. I thought about that look, but saw a light-blue car with white stripes and didn't look mean enough.

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006 - 02:31:51 PM »
I just zipped up all the pics I grabbed at Carlise on the AARs, how much can your email handle? 32 Mb is what it came to. :clapping:
Let me know your limit and I will break it up accordingly, or if you have an ftp site you want me to dump it to I can do that as well. Can you tell I am picture happy? LOL I figured while I was at Carlise I would just fill up my camera... and I did.
Just send AAR pics of inside hood pleeease. agooberss@hotmail.com

Offline TKat13

• Work In Progress...
    • Project Cuda
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006 - 09:48:39 PM »
Just send AAR pics of inside hood pleeease. agooberss@hotmail.com

I sent a zipped image of all the pics I had of the inside of AAR hoods. It was ~5.5 Mb, sent them to you and jvike.

If anyone here has a place where I can put a big zip image I am willing to wrap all my carlise pics up and post them for general consumption.  :burnout:
1974 'Cuda
2005 SRT-10 Ram
2004 Mach 1

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2006 - 11:55:32 AM »
I sent a zipped image of all the pics I had of the inside of AAR hoods. It was ~5.5 Mb, sent them to you and jvike.

If anyone here has a place where I can put a big zip image I am willing to wrap all my carlise pics up and post them for general consumption.  :burnout:
Thanks, those pics helped alot :thumbsup:
I tried hood on yesterday and there was no bowing :woohoo:
Just expect to do alot of work getting the waves out :banghead:
Next on list is the hood seal in front. Who makes them? I've seen them on ebay, what is a good price?

Also looking for air cleaner assembly for my 4 barrel carb. I have a 426 with a tall intake. The base where air cleaner sits to top of carb to inside top of hood measures 3 1/2 inches. I've found remade air grabber bases for 440's and 383's. I think I would need the short neck of the 383 base. Is this right? How many inches w/ air filter and lid would this be? Will the air grabber base be wide enough to allow for the rubber seal to sit on it, not interfere with air getting to carb, and then seal to top of hood giving me ram air?
I will take pics when it's bolted-on.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006 - 11:59:51 AM by 73cuda426 »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006 - 04:56:08 PM »
I believe the 383 had the long neck and the 440 had the shorter one but maybe one of you B-body guys have the measurements.  I think the taller the better so it really sticks out into that scoop

Offline 73cuda426

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006 - 12:16:25 PM »
I decided to go with www.shakerhood.com b/c I can tim adapter to clear 3 1/2 inches.
Base, filter, seal, lid with adapter for center, and block-off plate $1,000  :eek4:
Good thing I bought my wife flowers yesterday just for being a good wife since it's going on her credit card.