What do you think of my picture taking skills?

Author Topic: What do you think of my picture taking skills?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline EVIL72

Re: What do you think of my picture taking skills?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006 - 12:36:44 AM »
 Ghost another thing you try is to angle your car towards the other side of the road then use your car to hide the parked car and the buildings in the background, that would also keep the poles out of the pics.
 Still looks good though :thumbsup:
 Taking a good pic isn't easy, I have a hard time finding a place to take pics without stuff being in the way.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006 - 01:51:54 AM »
The road is actually on the way to a 70 Charger I found last night, and I'm going back tommorow to see if I can talk to the owner about it.  I'll try to get better pics then.  One thing I'd like to do is catch a sunset on that road, and take pics with the sky orange and red.

Any other tips would be much appreciated.  KudaKidd?

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006 - 02:18:03 AM »
Here's two I took last year.  They are original and have not been photoshopped..... Nikon (handheld) :wave:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006 - 05:36:13 AM »
shot inside the local Chrysler plant during an openhouse...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006 - 05:38:21 AM by DAYTONA »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006 - 08:33:19 AM »
Any other tips would be much appreciated.  KudaKidd?

Here are some basic tips to become your own professional photographer.  :smokin:

- Using a zoom or telephoto lens “flattens” the car out, so it doesn’t look like you need a golf cart to get from one end to the other. Get the camera as far away from the car as you can, but still keep the image in the view finder as big as possible.

- By getting the camera closer to the ground, the shot becomes a little more dramatic.

- Front wheels should always be turned so you can see the wheel face, instead of the tread.

- Tilting the camera to one side gives the photo a much more dramatic feeling. The tip here is to always angle the nose of the car up, because it looks like it’s diving into the ground otherwise. Front wheels should be turned away from the camera, hiding the face of the wheel.

- By moving the camera and/or tripod just a little bit to the side, posts, trees, bins, people can be hidden.

- Early morning usually brings best results. (Apart from dawn and sunset shots of course).

- Don’t think you can hand-hold a camera at a slow shutter speed (1/45th of a second or slower) and get crisp photos—a tripod is a must. Even if you don’t breath and are rock-steady, your heart beats around 60 times per minute, and a heart beat will vibrate your hands just enough to make the photo a little “soft” on the edges and blur sharp details.

- Try to avoid taking a photo standing up normally from a meter away (eye level). This angle looks down on the car, so you see the top of the hood and roof. It’s not very dramatic and can kill the cars lines.

- Avoid shadows, camera flash and reflections (just common sense).

- Have fun, take different angles lie on the ground, get sore knees and show your pride and joy off with some amazing photos. Different scenic or unusual backdrops will result in drooling responses from your peers.

Cheers,
Carl

:picture:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

kudakidd

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006 - 10:31:01 AM »
Ghost, your best effort yet! :thumbsup: The sky and the barren backdrop make for great composition. Other than the pole and the car in the distance, it's a great shot. I usually shoot a boat load of pics from diff angles and then view them on the 'puter. The lcd screens on the camera itself doesn't do a pic justice. Keep 'em coming!

RedLine

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006 - 01:40:23 PM »
for Road shots... one trick is to bring 2 inch masking tape.  set up your camera shot FIRST -- BEFORE putting your car on the street. Lock in the framing of shot using a tripod. Mark your tripod location with tape.  then locate in the viewfinder the area where you want your car.  either have someone help you do this by standing there... or look for something on the road you can walk to... then mark with a 6 foot lenth of masking tape where you want your front bumper to be  - including the angle.  You can also mark the driver's side.  basically a right angle.  You can see the tape from the camera.  THEN drive up to the tape.  Its alot easier to have the car in 95% perfect position the first time and then just move your camera a tiny bit to make up for things.  And if another car comes while you are setting up the tape - they just run right over the tape.   in the viewfinder you can make alot of decisions on how to position the car to hide things behind the car without blocking the street.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006 - 01:52:34 PM »
I don't have a tripod, unfortunatly, otherwise I'd take the pics like that, redline.

Leaving now, to take more pics, hopefully they turn out better.

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006 - 09:14:05 PM »
Ghost,

How about this...Darkened up the road and changed the color a little so it didn't blend with the car so much.
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006 - 09:39:37 PM »
Actually found the last time i did pictures i did a before/after shot of the way the tires are turned  :picture:

Keep it up ghost. You need some ralleys on that sucker  :cooldancing:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Ghost

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006 - 01:56:27 AM »
Ghost,

How about this...Darkened up the road and changed the color a little so it didn't blend with the car so much.

Not bad.  I plan on going back there in the summer, when those fields have cornstalks growing in them, to contrast with the tan of my car.

Goody, you send me a set of Rallyes, I'll throw tires on em, and put em on the car. :naughty:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2006 - 04:53:16 PM »

Not bad.  I plan on going back there in the summer, when those fields have cornstalks growing in them, to contrast with the tan of my car.

Goody, you send me a set of Rallyes, I'll throw tires on em, and put em on the car. :naughty:

I'll give them to you for free for a small fee of whatever we decide they are worth  :bigsmile:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline Ghost

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2006 - 09:16:31 PM »
5 dollars and a coupon for a free Whopper? :rofl: :rofl:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006 - 11:01:25 PM »
5 dollars and a coupon for a free Whopper? :rofl: :rofl:

Not so fast. I'm considering running a pair for the burnout contest at MATs  :naughty:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006 - 08:27:14 PM »

Not so fast. I'm considering running a pair for the burnout contest at MATs  :naughty:

Wrong bolt pattern though.
BTW, I will be there to see this burnout, hope it's a goody!! :roflsmiley:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat