Author Topic: Looking At Some NOS Parts Tomorrow  (Read 1354 times)

Offline lumpy

Looking At Some NOS Parts Tomorrow
« on: March 06, 2006 - 10:01:30 PM »
 I have been in contact with this guy for a few months now. He  owns a small dealership in the town I grew up in. The dealership is all but closed down. He still can order new vehicles, but has nothing on the lot, except for some used inventory that hasn't changed much in the last year or so. It's kinda sad to see that old Chrysler dealership barley hanging on. I remember when I was a kid, at one time there was 2 340 Darts, a '69 GTX and a '68 Hemi Roadrunner sitting on the lot!!! I guess that's where my obsession started, I remember going down there at night and popping the hood on that Roadrunner, just to stare at the motor!! These cars all sat outside, this was around 1980. Anyway, I talked to him today and set up a time to go back tomorrow to sort through all his old parts that he has in the upstairs of the building. He said today that most of the stuff was from the 60's and 70's, I had a hard time containing myself!!! I haven't actually seen any of the stuff yet, so I am pretty excited about going back tomorrow to see what is all there. I will take some photos and post any good news tomorrow.....

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Looking At Some NOS Parts Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006 - 10:19:26 PM »
That would be very exciting!!  Definitely take some pics!!    :picture:    :thumbsup:

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006 - 11:36:58 PM »
I hope you find some great items as you never know what these older dealers might still have.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006 - 12:00:45 AM »
If he has any dealership records of the cars they sold, please let me know?  :cheers:

Have fun!
Barry

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006 - 12:31:08 AM »
Too cool!  Do I get any priority?? ;)

Call me, I have a couple questions for you.

Thanks!  And take LOTS of pics!!!!!!!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline lumpy

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006 - 04:13:50 AM »
Cody, I emailed you yesterday. My cell phone is broke right now, so email me if you have any questions ;)

Offline lumpy

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006 - 04:19:58 AM »
 :sleeping: :sleeping:...................... :grinno: :grinno: Can't sleep, I've got visions of NOS Shaker hoods and rimblow steering wheels in my head!!!

Offline lumpy

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006 - 05:19:56 PM »
OK, I don't have any pics but basically everything is spread out between a back room shelf  that is 8 foot high and about 20 foot long and two different attics. Pretty dimly lit and stuff is just kinda thrown around. Tons of stuff though, everything from sheetmetal and bumpers to ignition relays and side markers.For the most part, just your typical stuff that you might see on ebay. I am trying to make a date for this Sat. to pick it all up, and I may not be able to start listing items until April or May, since the big move is coming up. I am sure that there will be some Cuda / Challenger parts, when I sort things out I will have a better idea.I usually list stuff with a low starting price and no reserve, anything that doesn't sell will go to my store at a BIN price.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006 - 05:39:36 PM »
Sounds like a nice score on some parts.  How much did you have to give for all the parts??  Sound like a deal so far!   :drool:

daves70

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006 - 06:13:54 PM »
I would be like a kid in a candy store!!! Good luck and let us know what you find. :grinyes:

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006 - 02:06:34 PM »
Of course, you will post an inventory list and give C-C.C members priority before you start listing anything on eBay... right? :grinyes:

Offline Blown70

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006 - 02:15:07 PM »
OK, I don't have any pics but basically everything is spread out between a back room shelf  that is 8 foot high and about 20 foot long and two different attics. Pretty dimly lit and stuff is just kinda thrown around. Tons of stuff though, everything from sheetmetal and bumpers to ignition relays and side markers.For the most part, just your typical stuff that you might see on ebay. I am trying to make a date for this Sat. to pick it all up, and I may not be able to start listing items until April or May, since the big move is coming up. I am sure that there will be some Cuda / Challenger parts, when I sort things out I will have a better idea.I usually list stuff with a low starting price and no reserve, anything that doesn't sell will go to my store at a BIN price.

Lumpy,

I am some what new here.  What is your ebay name or how could I find these parts on there.

PM me if you wish, if you do sell off ebay I also would be interested.

Thanks

Tom

Offline lumpy

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006 - 08:14:12 PM »
Here is a link to my ebay store. As you can see, I am in desperate need of some good stuff to sell!! Anything that is cuda/challenger related, I will probably offer on the board first.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lottsastuff123

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006 - 11:20:58 AM »
WOw, all of those car parts in your ebay store and 1 pink doggie bag!   LOL

Offline lumpy

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006 - 04:38:14 PM »
 :roflsmiley: Ocassionally my wife will list her "stuff" in my store.