How`s everyone doing on thier winter projects?

Author Topic: How`s everyone doing on thier winter projects?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline freightdriver

Re: How`s everyone doing on thier winter projects?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006 - 09:47:40 PM »
been cleaning the garage and workin on the challenger blasted awhole mess of parts today including my valve covers and oil pan. this weekends plans are to roll the car out of the garage and strip/paint/undercoat the undercarriage. my dad has all next week off so we'll be putting the finishing touchs on the 400 and then stabbing the tranny and motor back in.  :clapping:

should i just leave the black engine bay i shot the paint last year and it looks pretty good.. i'll be going lime green or silver so its not like it'll look too out of place. i've pretty much got 3 options

1. leave it glossblack
2. strip engine bay right now and paint whichever color i choose but then i'm locked into a color.
3. leave it black for now and paint later on when i go to have it painted this summer.

whats everyone think???

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006 - 10:14:02 PM »
#4 choice...............paint the car black..............
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006 - 10:27:25 PM »
Hey thanks Hemi71, I'll get some pictures in the next day or so and let you guys help me decide if its worth it.

Dave

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006 - 10:28:06 PM »
I'm hoping to still have mine together by summer of '07....School's really becoming a pain in my side with how much I can actually get done to the car 5 hours away. (if I was really motivated I could travel home each weekend, but that isn't happening.) :hyper:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006 - 11:36:47 PM »
I figure my 70 Cuda project should be completed in about 4 weeks. I have all the side glass in a adjusted. Put sound deadener in last Friday. Then I put the carpet in and shifter boot and pistol grip shifter. I still need to put the new alternator in, dye my door panels, hook up the speakers for the AM/FM radio, have the front end aligned, and get new door end seals and install them. The only other big thing is I have not been able to get the wrinkles out of my headliner and it may have to go to my uphostery shop to see if he can figure out if there is a problem with the way the headliner is sewn. I also have not got the emergency brake hooked up as I'm missing the cable that goes from the emergency brake pedal down to the 2 way split. I have only drove the car 2 blocks since I got it running so I'm ready to drive it and see what other kind of bugs I need to work out. Hope they are easy ones.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006 - 02:53:56 PM by Rev-It-Up »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline GCC

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006 - 11:47:29 AM »
Have been gathering parts & information all winter.  Car was in storage for many years; now it is home for good and to finish what was started.  It will have all of the original Gran Coupe items and will be painted in original EV2.  Original 318 is gone, so I'm still undecided as to leave existing 318 in or do something more fun & crazy like 440/6 or maybe a vintage hemi, and an aftermarket 5-speed.  But body & paint for now. 

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006 - 11:55:27 AM »
Great thread MEK!   :thumbsup:  Well I'm right in the middle of my little project and expect it to be alittle late getting out.  I found a transmission at Passon Transmission for $1800 bucks so I'm thinking about that . . should have the engine done within the next 2 or 3 weeks . . . still need to buy a bunck of parts ie: headers, fuel lines, sending unit, full exhaust, driveshaft, carb and a few other things.  Good thing about my project is no body work!!   :bananasmi  Just a brand new drivetrain!!   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:  :drool:  

Glad I still have one cuda running . . . although I haven't seen the car since October.   :walkaway:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006 - 04:22:46 PM »
4C,
  I wasn't the one that started this thread, but I gladly accept all praise!!!  :naughty:  I'm pretty much in the detailing stage now. This weekend seems to be agreeable to me putting on new side stripes. Thanks ChallengerGary!!!  :worshippy

Mke

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006 - 04:55:49 PM »
I've already rebuilt the pass side door hinges and re-aligned the door. Now with the 50 degree heat wave I'm going to quickly get the body behind the grill painted black.  Still have a LOT of work to do, replace header gasket, strip and paint grill black, paint tail panel black, install console... and on and on and on

:bricks1:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006 - 02:54:41 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006 - 06:26:21 PM »
I'm almost done, got the engine running 2 weeks ago. Put about 2 miles on it so far driving up and down the neighborhood street. I have to get the front end aligned and finish sorting out a few things and wait for nice weather
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006 - 01:00:21 PM »
The car is up on blocks, the engine is at the machine shop, waiting for custom pistons, waiting for custom cam (lunati), waiting for the blower (bds 8-71), but I got my tranny, including custom built torque converter and reverse valve body. Got new 355 gears to go in and the new holly 12-150 fuel pump and new msd 6 with ignition control and a roll cage that has to be put in yet.       :woohoo:                                 :woohoo:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006 - 03:41:38 PM »
Sure 4c,give MEK the credit for my thread!  :walkaway: That`s OK I`m used to it as it happens to me all the time at work too. :banghead:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2006 - 05:02:53 PM »
Sure 4c,give MEK the credit for my thread!  :walkaway: That`s OK I`m used to it as it happens to me all the time at work too. :banghead:

My bad.     :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:     

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2006 - 04:16:33 AM »
No prob man.  :bigsmile:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Oldschool

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006 - 10:55:02 AM »
The Beast is moving forward.  Might get some color on her in the next week or so.  I have gotten all the parts needed, except the headliner.  When it gets painted, the finish up shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.  Maybe I'll have her back in early April.     :cooldancing:     ....Oldschool