Author Topic: shaker hood  (Read 3523 times)

Offline crowbait

• I'm a llama!
shaker hood
« on: March 09, 2006 - 09:39:33 PM »
i got my flat core hood to shakerize last weekend. i was looking into a harms kit mainly because of his business ethics towards his customers. i am looking for others opinions on the quality of his parts
thanks
cb

Offline falcon50flier

Re: shaker hood
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006 - 09:47:57 PM »
Scott gets my two thumbs up endorsement. Straight shooter, and while I don't have his shaker brace/trim ring, I spoke with him enough during their development to know how much of an investment he made in getting it right. :thumbsup:
70 Challenger convertible
518 cid Hemi, TF727, 3.73 Dana 60

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006 - 09:52:34 PM »
 :popcorn:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006 - 02:54:50 AM »
Hi guys,

I won't comment on quality because I'm a bit biased  ;D

Here's what I can tell you.

#1. If you buy our kit and are not satisfied for ANY reason, simply return it within 30 days of purchase in the same condition as recieved and you will get a full refund (including shipping!). So far we have not had a single one returned, Cuda or Challenger.

#2. If you can make the Vegas Mopars At The Strip show this month you can see our parts in person and probably the other guys as well so you can compare first hand and come to your own conclusions on the differences. I'll be there and can give some pointers on the proper conversion methods if you need the help.

#3. Just so you are aware, we are the ONLY vendor who makes a unique under hood brace for both Cuda & Challenger models (in kit form or as completed hoods) . Everyone else sells a "generic" Cuda model that they sell as "correct" for Cuda or Challenger.  There are many other differences as well, but I can point those out to you if you are interested, just e-mail me or call.

Thanks for those of you whom have offered your support, we appreciate it! :cheers:

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006 - 04:55:50 AM »
I would love to replace my T/A hood for a shaker hood.  Please give us more info re: what else to buy after the hood and your kit.

Thanx :ylsuper:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006 - 11:51:35 AM »
Scott, can you point me to someone who can provide a finished 70 Cuda hood made from your kit?  I don't have a flat-hood core, or a plasma cutter, but I have a Cuda in need of a shaker! 

I will be at Mopars at the Strip and Spring Fling; maybe someone will bring a finished one to sell? 

Anyway, I'll look for you at the shows and introduce myself.  (I'm Charlie btw...)

70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006 - 12:18:26 PM »
While were on the subject of Shaker hoods. Why hasn't Goodmark repopped out Flat hoods for the Barracuda/Cuda? Would seem that after making the Challenger hood they would start on the Cuda next. It would appear to me that there would be quite a few potential buyers for the flat hood to convert to a shaker.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006 - 01:02:33 PM »
While were on the subject of Shaker hoods. Why hasn't Goodmark repopped out Flat hoods for the Barracuda/Cuda? Would seem that after making the Challenger hood they would start on the Cuda next. It would appear to me that there would be quite a few potential buyers for the flat hood to convert to a shaker.

Nope, they have not. I have had lengthy conversations with them about that and the general concensus is that they have bad taste in thier mouths about the Challenger Rallye hoods, they did not sell as many as they had hoped so were gun shy about doing another hood for any Cuda/Challenger. They have no immediate plans to do any further Challenger hoods.

They have looked into doing a complete Cuda Shaker Hood but that is not for certain, and if it does happen look forward to a potentially LONG wait......Think in terms of how long it's been since talk of Cuda quarters and fenders (heck even Challenger fenders...STILL not available) and you'll get the picture, the hood would come AFTER all those parts are done (if ever). Keep in mind I'm not knocking them, in fact I'll be a dealer for them very soon so it's my non biased opinion.

*In rgard to conversions using our products being for sale finished, I am not aware of anyone in the West doing them yet, I do have a few customers back east who love our kits and have purchased several to convert and re-sell. If you want to try one of them I can get you the details. It's really not that difficult to do one, the hardest part is getting the guts to chop a big hole in a perfectly good flat hood
 :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006 - 01:04:37 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006 - 01:09:05 PM »
It's really not that difficult to do one, the hardest part is getting the guts to chop a big hole in a perfectly good flat hood
 :bigsmile:

My point exactly!  I sure as heck ain't gonna be the one to pop that hole.  But I'll happily pay someone else to have the guts to do it for me!  I hope I can find one on the west coast tho.... had bad luck with shipping lately. :pullinghair:
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006 - 01:12:57 PM »
I know of one guy who is selling a fiberglass one. But that hasn't really excited me about getting a glass hood. Fiberglass looks wavey after it's painted. Keepin an eye out for a steel one for now.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006 - 01:15:17 PM »
Honestly, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. If you don't want to do the work ANY good body guy can do the work, find a local shop (check them out for work/quality first of course) and give them the hood, our parts, and my instructions (and BE SURE they LISTEN and will follow my instructions!) Any decent body guy will knock one of these out in an afternoon.

If I can do one (ZERO prior bodywork experience) anyone can, it took me 8 hours start to finish on my first one with lots of breaks and milling around scratching my head about what to do next.
 :icon16:

*Yes the glass hoods are quite nice, I know the manufacturer and he's a good guy with a nice product, for some people they are great, but yes, you will never escape from the downfalls of fiberglass, warps, waves, etc. WILL happen.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006 - 01:17:41 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006 - 07:41:00 PM »
I would not hesitate buying any of Scott's parts, they are not the cheapest, but you have to pay for quality. The old adage applies here, "You get what you pay for"

:thumbsup:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006 - 11:46:12 PM »
Scott,

I am in NJ and you said you knew of people in the east doing finished hoods with your kits.  Could you please post their info. Thanks
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006 - 10:31:05 AM »
Here's one for you, not exactly eastern seaboard;

Richard & Scott Berger
7428 Oak Brook Rd.
Newark IL 60541-9314

Sorry, I don't have a phone number, they own a casting foundry company, just let them know I sent you. I'll post a couple more in the cmming days, I'm waiting for replys from potentially interested parties.

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006 - 12:47:27 PM »
Thanks Scott.  I will put them in my files for when I am ready.
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-