Author Topic: Who ELSE is going to Mopars at the Strip (Vegas)?  (Read 3317 times)

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
Who ELSE is going to Mopars at the Strip (Vegas)?
« on: March 11, 2006 - 12:19:19 PM »
Hi kids -

So, I will be going to Mopars at the Strip in Vegas. 

1 - Who else is going and where and when are we hooking up?  Say, 1pm Friday at the Harms Auto Booth, or for dinner after?

2 - Anybody else going to go (or want to go) to the Al Jardine concert (original Beach Boy with purple 71 hemicuda)?

3 - I'm trying to make the hook up with Rob Wolf from Mopar Collector's Guide in Phoenix on Thursday for a little special event in the morning, followed by a group cruise from Phoenix to Vegas that afternoon, with Al Jardine behind the wheel of his hemicuda, and probably a small caravan of ridonkulous hemicars (rumour is that bill w. may be there with toys).  I'll bring the Magnum SRT8 support/chase vehicle and maybe a Cuda convert.  Anybody else in for that?  If my work schedule permits, I'll get to Phoenix late Wednesday evening. Phx - Vegas = 400 miles-ish.  In the desert.  Bring a hat.

4 - Where is a .pdf of the flyers or cards you want me to hand out to promote this site?  :grinno:  We need a slick little come-on to hand out to all e-body lovers at these shows...  a biz-card sized-thing might be nice, easy to shove in a pocket...  Thoughts?

5 - Anyone got hotel recomendations in Vegas, in terms of places with secure indoor parking/valet for fancy cars?

Anyone else psyched up besides me?   :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Who ELSE is going to Mopars at the Strip (Vegas)?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006 - 12:16:16 AM »
I will be there , could be there to meet Rob on Thurs too

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline cudacharlie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006 - 01:43:24 PM »
Excellent Crhyco!  I am a little scared to bring the Cuda (727+3.23's+no GearVendors=a long drive) but I may do a little "overhaulin'" this week to try and get her running.  But at the very least I'll have the airconditioned Magnum if we need it...

I am trying to shuffle a little ole work thing to make sure I can leave LA on Wed nite to be in Phx for Thursday brite and early (8:30 - 9:30 am posse-up time).

I'm gonna check in with Rob on Tuesday and let him know who all is joining us....

Anyone else in the west?   :burnout:
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline cudacharlie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006 - 03:28:37 PM »
Okay, I'm bringing the Cuda.  After checking this link, how could I not?  Here's a link to the directions for the Phx to Vegas cruise, as well as some other cruises to Vegas from other points....

http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2006/cruisin.html

Mwhuuuhuuuhaahahaha! 

Coming, Chrycho?
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006 - 04:40:51 PM »
I am leaving Alberta Wed AM. Should be in Vegas Wed night(16-17hr drive)
Have Caravan'd a few people to come along, so will be in my wifes caravan :'(, but at least it has all the comforts of home and then some.
There is supposed to be a seafood buffet at the Cannery Thurs night according to the MATS website.
Looking forward to it again,(3rd time for me) Have some guys who have never seen Vegas before coming along so I will be doing some extra sightseeing as well.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006 - 08:44:52 PM »
I'll be there guys! I'll be at the moparts breakfast thats being put together one of the mornings. Other than that, ill just be at the show. Shouldnt be another car there that looks like mine, so if you see me stop on by  :bigsmile:

-Mike

Willing to go cruising if we can organize some people!!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline cudacharlie

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006 - 09:53:55 PM »
Goody, got a link to the thread about the Moparts breakfast?
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006 - 12:06:33 AM »
I will be coming down I15  leaving Calgary tuesday morning see what the weather deals us on the way down

cudahob

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006 - 05:53:07 AM »
I guess I'm the only one going to Los Angeles for Spring Fling this year.  :walkaway:

April 8th and 9th.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006 - 08:17:10 AM »

4 - Where is a .pdf of the flyers or cards you want me to hand out to promote this site?  :grinno:  We need a slick little come-on to hand out to all e-body lovers at these shows...  a biz-card sized-thing might be nice, easy to shove in a pocket...  Thoughts?

Hey Charlie.  I printed these last year for Carlisle (and will do that again).  This is a Microsoft Word document that should print on regular sheets of  business card stock.  I still hand out about 10 at each car show we go to.

www.ridesthatrock.com/misc/cccom_labels.doc
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006 - 07:29:49 AM by Rev-It-Up »
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline cudacharlie

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006 - 09:47:55 PM »
Rev - Thanks for the doc... I'll print a few zillion and hand one to any body with a E-body (or an E-body T-shirt, for that matter!)

Cudahob - Heck, no bro-ham, I'll be at Spring Fling, look for my green Cuda 70 convert in the field, hopefully they'll let me bring the Magnum in too...

Goody - Thanks man, I will be there if I can drag my a$$ out of bed that early.

Chryco - Phoenix is on; I spoke to the guy at Fender and they will have coffee waiting... the cruise to Vegas sounds legendary... you gotta make it.

I'll be bringing friends armed with dig cameras and HD video in a chase vehicle for (hopefully) awesome shots and footage of the whole deal, so dialups beware when we get back! 

Yeee freakin hah! 
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006 - 11:34:13 PM »
I'll be there but without my Challenger or Cuda as it is just to far to drive from southern IL. I will be flying in Thursday and be in Vegas by 9:25 am. I'll try and take in as much of the show as I can and plan on going to the concert at the cannery hotel saturday night. Hope everyone has a good time as I know I will.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006 - 05:56:06 AM by Rev-It-Up »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006 - 12:57:45 AM »
I guess I need an idea of what is happening when & where , I don`t have tickets yet either but I assume I can get them at the gate ... just to spectate   
 I doubt I will be part of the cruise in from Phoenix , I am heading in from the north

Offline N96cuda

• Kirks Cars
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006 - 09:23:31 PM »
I will be there with the wife and some friends. Will be at the cannery party also. I will put a "scatpack.com" sticker (since I have some) on my shirt, so give me a shout if you see me! Better yet, I may stick one on my wife, will get more attention that way (.)(.) .  :cheers:

70 Cuda 440-6 Shaker, Auto, Vitamin C, stripe delete, black int. & vinyl top, luggage rack, Magnums, build sheet
71 Cuda conv. 383 4-speed, Rallye red, black top, int. and billboards, 2 complete build sheets
09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8
www.93cobra.itgo.com