Author Topic: Ebody SB Ceramic Coated Headers - Who are you using? ($300 and under)  (Read 3001 times)

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
I think its time to retire my old Hedmans. I'm looking for something ceramic coated and under $300 or so. Who's headers are you using? Where'd you get them? Fit? Any complaints, or the coating deteriorating?

they will be for daily use.

-Mike  :bigsmile: :working:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Ebody SB Ceramic Coated Headers - Who are you using? ($300 and under)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006 - 03:27:19 AM »
Mike,
   I don't think you'll really find any ceramic coated headers for under $300. Even if you sent your old ones to Jet-Hot, it would cost a little more than that.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006 - 01:16:06 PM »
I think I'll try the Hedman Elites for the RB. I like that they are 14 gauge and coated.  Whatever header you end up with just look for at least 16 gauge or better.  I know not the answer you are looking for, but a step in the decision making process.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006 - 02:23:20 PM »
Just to add more dirt to the pile... I'll tell you my story. I bought a set of Hedmans on E-Bay for less than $300, that were ceramic coated. They started to rust in about 2 years. So all ceramic coating is not created equal. It definitely keeps the heat down though. I finally got rid of that set, and went with a set with Jet-Hot coating. It was about $400. I know people who have bought from them, and their headers still look new after many years, so that's why I went that direction. 16 gauge is thick enough for me, as I hack-sawed the old set off to save some agravation. I have to say, that was the fun part of the job!!!!  :lol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006 - 05:11:10 PM »
Just to add more dirt to the pile... I'll tell you my story. I bought a set of Hedmans on E-Bay for less than $300, that were ceramic coated. They started to rust in about 2 years. So all ceramic coating is not created equal. It definitely keeps the heat down though. I finally got rid of that set, and went with a set with Jet-Hot coating. It was about $400. I know people who have bought from them, and their headers still look new after many years, so that's why I went that direction. 16 gauge is thick enough for me, as I hack-sawed the old set off to save some agravation. I have to say, that was the fun part of the job!!!!  :lol:

Mike

Whats the difference between ceramic and jehot?

Who's headers did you use that were about $400 and jethot coated?

Thanx
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006 - 03:28:37 AM »
Whats the difference between ceramic and jehot?

Who's headers did you use that were about $400 and jethot coated?

Thanx

Jet-Hot is the name of a company that specializes in ceramic coating. I'm guessing there is a cheap way to coat them, and a correct way to coat them. If you look at their website, they will even send you a free video of how they do it. The $400 headers I went with that were Jet-Hot coated were the Hedman's.

Mike

Edit - This is a pic. of how my old ones looked after 2 years.  :eek4:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006 - 03:51:52 AM by MEKrunner »

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline crcarch

• Happiness is having the time and the money!
  • "No, it's not a Charger!"
    • A little history and restoration pics on Cardomain
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006 - 08:01:26 AM »
......anyone ever use those dynomax headers?

Yeah, and they don't fit well at all.  Hedman Elite headers fit well and seem to be holding up well.
00/===\00 73 Challenger 440-4V/AT  8/--+--\8 09 Ram 1500  0o\==/o0 05 Crossfire Roadster OO(#####SRT)OO 10 Challenger

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006 - 09:45:04 AM »
I know we all have a budget but why not just save up a bit and get a better set? You usually really do get what you pay for. Cheaper price is cheaper parts.  :2cents:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006 - 10:03:53 PM »
did you look at TTi in Vegas , I would spend the extra for the TTi

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006 - 11:21:41 PM »
did you look at TTi in Vegas , I would spend the extra for the TTi

If i could, i would. I just dont have $600+ to toss at a pair of headers. Im sure they are worth it if you can afford them  :eek4:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline Skeletoil

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006 - 03:46:35 PM »
I have the Dynomax Ceramic Coated Headers on my 73 Challenger 340 Ralleye, They look great sound good, Minimum hassle to install. They will not work with quick ratio steering. Most cars that had the Quick Ratio steering were the T/A's which had the X exhaust. After months of not being able to drive my car because my pitman arm hit the headers I found a pic which shows the Quick Ratio arm versus the straight standard arm. Most cars will not have this. The difference from what I could find is the pitman arm is curved on Quick Ratio steering and straight on standard steering. The stops in the gear box were also recalibrated. I'm going back to the staright pitman arm and a tire/wheel alignment. I stand to be corrected, it's all I could find on it. $278.00 Summit Racing. TTI and others have the standard disclaimer will not fit Quick Ratio steering.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006 - 03:52:13 PM by Skeletoil »

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006 - 04:13:33 PM »
I have the Dynomax Ceramic Coated Headers on my 73 Challenger 340 Ralleye, They look great sound good, Minimum hassle to install. They will not work with quick ratio steering. Most cars that had the Quick Ratio steering were the T/A's which had the X exhaust. After months of not being able to drive my car because my pitman arm hit the headers I found a pic which shows the Quick Ratio arm versus the straight standard arm. Most cars will not have this. The difference from what I could find is the pitman arm is curved on Quick Ratio steering and straight on standard steering. The stops in the gear box were also recalibrated. I'm going back to the staright pitman arm and a tire/wheel alignment. I stand to be corrected, it's all I could find on it. $278.00 Summit Racing. TTI and others have the standard disclaimer will not fit Quick Ratio steering.

Those are what i ended up buying actually  :bigsmile:

1976 Dodge Warlock